Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from the All Things Wonder Woman thread and was wondering if it was okay to talk about WW here since I think some people got confused over there and thought it was the biased, conspiratorial critics thread. BTW, it's not a conspiracy; it's a fact. Critics hate DC movies even when they are good.

Need I add :o ?

Oh wait, I just did.....nevermind.

Slow day, InCali? This rain is great.

...huh? The distinction is made because this movie is part of the LEGO franchise above all else.

So, how do we decide what franchises can make "real" Batman movies in a way that is not arbitrary?

The sad part is we still aren't sure what movie outside of Aquaman is being released next year.

From a post on birthmovies death:

JimmyMecks said:
So DCXU movies confirmed or close to confirmed to be in the pipeline:

Wonder Woman
Justice League
Aquaman
The Flash
The Batman
Justice League Pt. 2
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
Dark Universe
Shazam
Gotham City Sirens
Man of Steel 2
Black Adam
Suicide Squad 2

How many of these do you think we'll see?
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/19/dwayne-johnson-will-headline-black-adam-for-dc

Some posters said there's also a Deadshot movie in the works.

God, there's no cohesiveness with that supposed lineup. At least with the MCU you got Phases.

The ones I don't think we'll ever see in bold:

Wonder Woman
Justice League
Aquaman
The Flash
The Batman
Justice League Pt. 2
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
Dark Universe
Shazam
Gotham City Sirens

Man of Steel 2
Black Adam
Suicide Squad 2
Deadshot

A Black Adam solo film, when there are so many other untouched DC characters and properties? Who wants to see a Black Adam movie? :/ If they didn't want The Rock to be wasted in a villain role, then they should have thought about that ahead of time.

I don't have any clue what the heck is going on over at DC right now.

Trying not to compare, but honestly, MCU is almost to moving on from IM, Cap and Thor in a few years and getting to other characters and the DCEU is already on their B-List characters, while their main characters aren't even given time yet. :huh:

It's like the DCEU is on lap 2 while MCU is on lap 10... and DCEU thinks they're running in the same lap.

owMlbgT.gif

The MCU had a great plan of building up steam as they go on as well.
Phase 1: Introduce the main players with solo films and one IM (their most popular character) sequel, leading up to a team-up movie.
Phase 2: Sequels for the main characters, leading up to another team-up. Plus introduce a new team of heroes (GotG) in a movie which also ties into the overarching Thanos plot
Phase 3: Now that the foundation is built, start doing several new character films along with a few solo sequels. Also incorporate team-ups into your solo movies so that even though there may not be a stand-alone movie for someone like Hulk, you still see him in Avengers and Thor 3 and feel satisfied.

The ones I don't think we'll ever see in bold:

Wonder Woman
Justice League
Aquaman
The Flash
The Batman
Justice League Pt. 2
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
Dark Universe
Shazam
Gotham City Sirens

Man of Steel 2
Black Adam
Suicide Squad 2
Deadshot

I think Gotham City Sirens and Suicide Squad 2 have a good chance since they're building off of a movie that was released and performed well. Unless you think the DCEU will just collapse before it ever gets to that, which isn't out of the question.

Its hilarious how in 2014, Marvel announced their Phase 3 lineup and they've only added a couple movies in between, and here you have DC going, "Oh, you liked Harley Quinn? how about a Harley Quinn movie? you like Will Smith? how about a Deadshot movie? You like The Rock? how about a Black Adam movie?"
I guess DCEU is all about throwing **** at the wall and see what sticks.

Trying not to compare, but honestly, MCU is almost to moving on from IM, Cap and Thor in a few years and getting to other characters and the DCEU is already on their B-List characters, while their main characters aren't even given time yet. :huh:

It's better to waste Superman's Death in his second on-screen appearance without proper character development. Bold. Mature. Deep. :o

It's like the DCEU is on lap 2 while MCU is on lap 10... and DCEU thinks they're running in the same lap.

owMlbgT.gif

I can't see the gif because I get it blocked, but I'm guessing it has something to do with "On your left".

You know what really sells me on your "hopeful and optimistic universe full of fun" is movies about murderous/genocidal supervillains.

Its hilarious how in 2014, Marvel announced their Phase 3 lineup and they've only added a couple movies in between, and here you have DC going, "Oh, you liked Harley Quinn? how about a Harley Quinn movie? you like Will Smith? how about a Deadshot movie? You like The Rock? how about a Black Adam movie?"
I guess DCEU is all about throwing **** at the wall and see what sticks.

Warner Brothers is just in it for the money and don't care about building an actually Universe. If Wonder Woman and Justice League are bad that just shows they don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"