Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ought to visit some of the subforums. According to his fans, he's the best of the best, bar none.

And according to the rest 90% of the planet he has the same flaws that have haunted him his entire career and he is not gonna change anytime soon. When DC fans will realize he is doing more harm than good to their favorite heroes, it might be too late...

You ought to visit some of the subforums. According to his fans, he's the best of the best, bar none.
If that's the case, I have some beachfront property in Arizona that I'd like to sell them.

If that's the case, I have some beachfront property in Arizona that I'd like to sell them.

And here I didn't think there were any beaches in AZ. How much are you selling it for?

On another note. I'm very surprised to hear that WW is tracking that low. I would have thought an opening in at least the 120M range would have been in order. I wonder how much damage BvS has done to the DC brand. If it had been widely well received, I have to believe WW would be tracking WAY higher.

I think Phase 1 was the weakest of the MCU so far. The one true standout was Iron Man 1, with The Avengers also being quite good. It also had two of the MCU's weakest films (TIH and IM2), and Thor 1 and Cap 1 were far from the MCU's best as well. I'd put the Cap sequels and the GOTG films above anything from Phase 1.

And here I didn't think there were any beaches in AZ. How much are you selling it for?

On another note. I'm very surprised to hear that WW is tracking that low. I would have thought an opening in at least the 120M range would have been in order. I wonder how much damage BvS has done to the DC brand. If it had been widely well received, I have to believe WW would be tracking WAY higher.

It's hard not to bet against anything involving Cruel and Unusual Films, for certain analysts.

Phase 2 is the strongest for me at the moment. I can say that I love 3 out 6 films and dislike only 1. Looking at Phase 3... It's almost as big as Phase 1 and 2 combined. So comparison won't be fair. Hard to believe - 10 films. I wish Feige good health. Sloppiness of GotG2 - I don't like it. I hope it's not a sign of bigger problems.

I think Phase 1 was the weakest of the MCU so far. The one true standout was Iron Man 1, with The Avengers also being quite good. It also had two of the MCU's weakest films (TIH and IM2), and Thor 1 and Cap 1 were far from the MCU's best as well. I'd put the Cap sequels and the GOTG films above anything from Phase 1.
I like The First Avenger more then that, but yeah. I agree. TWS and GotG make Phase 2 easily stronger.

Maybe in term of story telling some of those Phase 2 films were stronger, but Avengers is arguably one of the top 2 or 3 CBM's of all time, so I don't agree that any of the Phase 2 films were better. But yeah there were some weak links in Phase 1 which is understandable as they were getting their feet off the ground.

The two worst films MCU has produced IMO has been Thor TDW and TIH, and of those I actually like TIH a little better. TDW isn't a bad film by any means, they just had a terrible director, and it's sad they had a falling out with Patty Jenkins because I think it would have been a better film. Alan Taylor is a TV director, and while some of those guys can make the jump from small screen to large (Joss Whedon, the Russos), Alan Taylor seemed out of his league. The biggest problem with TDW is that Anthony Hopkins just seems like he was upset through the whole film and was just dialing in his performance. When an actor of that stature seems like he's board or collecting a paycheck on a film of that nature, you know there's a problem.

TIH was the other film that I think had a very weak director, but I actually like Norton's performance, and I actually like some of the rooftop chase scenes in Brazil. But overall it was a far superior Hulk movie to Ang Lee's disaster.

Phase 2 was definitely better than phase 1, but I think phase 3 has been better than both so far. At least for the most part, I wasn't a huge fan of Strange. Civil War and GOTG vol 2 I've thoroughly enjoyed and they're both probably in my top 5 MCU films. I liked Strange but more middle of the road for me.

I wonder if she watched The Avengers at all.

I wonder if she watched The Avengers at all.

Why would you wonder that? If she hadn't seen it, she would have said so.

I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question?? You didn't like The Avengers?

tumblr_omuyey1Ra11tlgqkgo1_540.gif

Why would you wonder that? If she hadn't seen it, she would have said so.

I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question?? You didn't like The Avengers?
Sorry, poor joke. I mean, lately, I see opinions how The Avengers isn't even that good to begin with. So maybe she thinks it's a great film because it made such an impact, but didn't actually see it, because her opinion would be different.

Anyway, the trailer didn't look good at all and I'm inclined to believe her opinion.

Maybe in term of story telling some of those Phase 2 films were stronger, but Avengers is arguably one of the top 2 or 3 CBM's of all time

Yeah, while I think the quality overall is higher in Phase 2, it's hard for me to dismiss Iron Man (which may have been surpassed since was still a huge landmark and refreshing) and moreso The Avengers, which is still the pinacle of the franchise.

Maybe she simply liked the film like most people...
That's how it was, apparently. I was really surprised to see such honesty from an actor 6 month prior to the release. Of course, The Avengers is a great film and "isn't as good" doesn't mean "bad" automatically.

It will go up, but that is a rather small number 3 weeks out.

I can understand why it is low, though. The marketing hasn't been particularly great, with them doing a much lesser job of selling it compared to BvS or Suicide Squad. I do think boxoffice.com's long range update tomorrow may be telling.

So, I see Diane Lane is now on the DC fan's **** list...

That's how it was, apparently. I was really surprised to see such honesty from an actor 6 month prior to the release. Of course, The Avengers is a great film and "isn't as good" doesn't mean "bad" automatically.

It doesn't, but it is interesting that she would even go there. Maybe she doesn't care and is willing to just tell it like it is, like Irons or Adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"