Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM Homecoming is not only the best Superhero movie of the year, it's the best Spider-man movie. Sorry SM2, you will always hold a special place in my heart but Homecoming just blew you away. I never thought I'd be saying that.

Never before have I ever felt the comics were lifted off the pages and put on screen like they were in Homecoming. And the great thing about Homecoming is some of the best moments are not the action sequences.

Hearing DACrowe heap this much praise towards Homecoming has honestly excited me more than any review or general impression. Thrilled to hear you liked it :up:

Dude, this movie kicks ass so much! I can't say enough good things about it. I don't know what the tracking is, but I would not be surprised if this blows the doors off the box office this year. This is the type of movie everyone will want to go see. 100M is pretty much in the bag, but I would not be shocked to see the biggest opening of the year.

Tobey Magire - great Peter Parker - OK Spider-man

Andrew Garfield - bad Peter Parker - good Spider-man

Tom Holland - Awesome Peter Parker - awesome Spider-man!

This is the best way I can describe the comparisons to the other films. I felt like Spider-man was never a character in the Raimi films, he was just something that Peter did, where the TASM films they finally got the fun loving joking Spider-man, but he was undone by the annoying skateboard riding Peter Parker, who never seems to have a character transition. This film nails both aspects of that.

How was the action? I've been hearing criticisms. It can't truly surpass Spider-man 2 without surpassing its actiom.

Tobey Magire - great Peter Parker - OK Spider-man

Andrew Garfield - bad Peter Parker - good Spider-man

Tom Holland - Awesome Peter Parker - awesome Spider-man!

This is the best way I can describe the comparisons to the other films. I felt like Spider-man was never a character in the Raimi films, he was just something that Peter did, where the TASM films they finally got the fun loving joking Spider-man, but he was undone by the annoying skateboard riding Peter Parker, who never seems to have a character transition. This film nails both aspects of that.

Nah. ASM Spidey wasn't much fun loving, if at all. He was rather nasty and mean. Remember him torturing the knife guy?

The last thing I will say is that with the exception of Deadpool, Marvel must get all their other properties back! Forget Marvel's MCU track record, their track record of making characters that were owned by other studios both interesting and better, is unquestionable!

Fox you better be on the phone with marvel after this weekend begging for their help.

P.S. There is zero chance Sony is going to back out of this deal with Marvel after this weekend, to do so would be committing corporate suicide.

Dude, this movie kicks ass so much! I can't say enough good things about it. I don't know what the tracking is, but I would not be surprised if this blows the doors off the box office this year. This is the type of movie everyone will want to go see. 100M is pretty much in the bag, but I would not be shocked to see the biggest opening of the year.

giphy.gif

You're saying all the right things, TS. Couldn't be more excited. On my lunch break now, hopefully these four hours fly by so I can come home and get ready.

How was the action? I've been hearing criticisms. It can't truly surpass Spider-man 2 without surpassing its actiom.

Well it's hard to surpass that doc ock fight. The problem with Spider-man 2 is all of the things happening that weren't related to the action. That's where this movie just blows it away.

As far as this movie the climax fight is awesome, but I'm not going to say it was better than the Doc Ock fight. I will say Vulture's status as a Spidey villain just went up 1000% with Michael Keaton, but Doc Ock is iconic, it's hard to deal with that dynamic, although I think Vulture was actually Spidey's first villain he faced off with in the comics.

The last thing I will say is that with the exception of Deadpool, Marvel must get all their other properties back! Forget Marvel's MCU track record, their track record of making characters that were owned by other studios both interesting and better, is unquestionable!

Fox you better be on the phone with marvel after this weekend begging for their help.

P.S. There is zero chance Sony is going to back out of this deal with Marvel after this weekend, to do so would be committing corporate suicide.

But then, no Logan. Hell, I think Fox is a good influence on the TV side, as Marvel is starting to stumble after the first few Netflix series. Hell, New Mutants wouldn't be getting made either, as Fox has no need to do much with the X-men stuff.

What's left that Marvel doesn't own yet?

Universal: Hulk and Namor
Sony: Spider-Man
Fox: X-Men and FF

Missing anything?

SM Homecoming is not only the best Superhero movie of the year, it's the best Spider-man movie. Sorry SM2, you will always hold a special place in my heart but Homecoming just blew you away. I never thought I'd be saying that.

Never before have I ever felt the comics were lifted off the pages and put on screen like they were in Homecoming. And the great thing about Homecoming is some of the best moments are not the action sequences.

Wow 2 huge bits of praise there! Glad you liked it.

I think the situation with Hulk is that Universal just has distribution rights, so a new Hulk movie would have to be distributed by Universal. Sort of like the situation with Star Wars and Fox.

But then, no Logan. Hell, I think Fox is a good influence on the TV side, as Marvel is starting to stumble after the first few Netflix series. Hell, New Mutants wouldn't be getting made either, as Fox has no need to do much with the X-men stuff.

I don't think Logan at Fox without Jackman won't work. If they want to reboot they need Marvel's help. Not saying Marvel needs exclusive rights, but this film is proof that Marvel can work with other studios on joint projects for mutual benefit.

Fox did a great job with Deadpool and that's one of my favorite superhero films, but they are just grinding X-men into the dirt, and Dark Phoenix looks like a bust.

I don't think Logan at Fox without Jackman won't work. If they want to reboot they need Marvel's help. Not saying Marvel needs exclusive rights, but this film is proof that Marvel can work with other studios on joint projects for mutual benefit.

Fox did a great job with Deadpool and that's one of my favorite superhero films, but they are just grinding X-men into the dirt, and Dark Phoenix looks like a bust.

I think Legion and Gifted has shown that Fox and Marvel can have an amicable relationship. At least a lot more amicable than the Sony/Fox one. I look at what has gone on publicly with the Spider-man stuff Sony is trying to do, and I think things are a lot more difficult behind the scenes.

Im seeing Homecoming tonight, im keeping my expectations in check though. I just watched SM2 last night so it is fresh in my mind and I cannot possibly see Homecoming topping that movie, SM2 still hits me in all the right emotional places and just gets everything right. To me, it is the quinessential movie about being a superhero.

But I would love be proven wrong and have Homecoming knock my socks off.

That, and I like having Fox around. At the moment, Marvel, DC, I feel like for the most part (with obviously some exceptions) you know what you're getting, good or bad. Fox is like Russian Roulette every time, it keeps things interesting. You might Logan, you might get X-Men: Apocalypse. You might get Deadpool, you might get Fantastic Four 2015. The lows are much lower, but the highs are much higher.

Last edited:
I think lately Fox has been really good at pushing the boundaries of the superhero genre more than Marvel or DC.

Legion, Logan, and Deadpool is proof of that.

That, and I like having Fox around. At the moment, Marvel, DC, I feel like for the most part (with obviously some exceptions) you know what you're getting, good or bad. Fox is like Russian Roulette every time, it keeps things interesting. You might Logan, you might get X-Men: Apocalypse. You might get Deadpool, you might get Fantastic Four 2015.

Fox are trying to establish the range for all other CBMs to fall in line with. They get pissed off when anyone makes a film better than their best or worse than their worst of the year. F4 is therefore their strongest asset.

I think lately Fox has been really good at pushing the boundaries of the superhero genre more than Marvel or DC.

As above, agreed, but in both directions. :cool:

I don't think that Fox can compete with the tentpole big budget "summer" release. Their flagship should be the X-Men team movies, but even a well received movie (DOFP) gets outgrossed by Deadpool. I like that they are doing R-Rated movies because it does give a new facet for the genre.

I like how in an age of cinematic universes (and failed cinematic universes), Fox just seems to be trying to be different with their superhero flicks, and not sweating the nitty gritty details about cinematic universes. They have their obvious failures, but they got their hits too. (And if push comes to shove, they'll double on those)

Not to mention the Snider/Watts regime has been pretty good about letting filmmakers execute their vision. Hopefully they continue that laissez-faire approach in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"