Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
That, and I like having Fox around. At the moment, Marvel, DC, I feel like for the most part (with obviously some exceptions) you know what you're getting, good or bad. Fox is like Russian Roulette every time, it keeps things interesting. You might Logan, you might get X-Men: Apocalypse. You might get Deadpool, you might get Fantastic Four 2015. The lows are much lower, but the highs are much higher.
WB is like Russian roulette as well imo. For every BvS, we might get a WW. It's just as unpredictable as Fox.

they're gonna need more than just wonder woman before they get to that point

WB is like Russian roulette as well imo. For every BvS, we might get a WW. It's just as unpredictable as Fox.

It's more like for every three bad films you get one really good one. Up until WW WB was quite predictable. They had not put out a film that worked in five years. WW being as good as it is was the exception, and so far the only one.

Yeah right now WB's more like Russian roulette with one empty chamber.

But hopefully that's changing.

It's more like for every three bad films you get one really good one. Up until WW WB was quite predictable. They had not put out a film that worked in five years. WW being as good as it is was the exception, and so far the only one.
MOS worked for me; it was decent. But I get your point.

I think lately Fox has been really good at pushing the boundaries of the superhero genre more than Marvel or DC.

Legion, Logan, and Deadpool is proof of that.

I can't stand Legion. I watched the first episode and haven't watched another. I'll give you Logan and Deadpool, but for Logan it's over for them. My point is they have peaked with the X-men properties and they haven't touched the surface of what could be possible with Fantastic Four.

Dark Phoenix will be a monstrous flop, but hey they'll throw in another cool token Quicksilver rescue scene to make it all better.

My point here is that Spider-man Homecoming is proof that these studios can and should collaborate, and it will be mutually beneficial, but you have too many egos in the way to make it happen.

Yeah right now WB's more like Russian roulette with one empty chamber.

But hopefully that's changing.

Still curious if JL is good how much credit if any will Snyder fans give Whedon as opposed to anti-Snyder fans who if JL is bad, saying that Whedon couldn't save it.

I can't stand Legion. I watched the first episode and haven't watched another.

It's worth a 2nd visit... the first episode isn't structured the same way as the rest of the season.

I can't stand Legion. I watched the first episode and haven't watched another. I'll give you Logan and Deadpool, but for Logan it's over for them. My point is they have peaked with the X-men properties and they haven't touched the surface of what could be possible with Fantastic Four.

Dark Phoenix will be a monstrous flop, but hey they'll throw in another cool token Quicksilver rescue scene to make it all better.

My point here is that Spider-man Homecoming is proof that these studios can and should collaborate, and it will be mutually beneficial, but you have too many egos in the way to make it happen.

I don't think you quite understand what we are saying about Logan. Fox is open to making a film like Logan, whereas Marvel is not. It doesn't matter that Hugh is done, they can make a quality film like Logan again. I mean, Mangold has mentioned interest in making an X23 film. And I doubt New Mutants would be made by Marvel.

And I am not convinced that the Sony/Marvel deal is a good thing yet. Sony is clearly moving forward with Spidey spinoffs, and we are getting really mixed messaging on if or how they connect to Homecoming. Yes, Homecoming appears to have worked out. But there have been enough reports to say that it wasn't exactly a smooth ride. And I am certain Sony will gladly pull out once the brand has been salvaged.

Legion is incredible. One of the best superhero shows ever made. I might even call it the best if it wasn't for BTAS.

Legion is a tiny bit overrated to me. Still epic, but I think it downshifts really hard in the last few episodes.

Your Avatar mentioned Mr. Thing in the first season of AOS.

Good point.

Hulk and Namor are only distribution issues, and even then apparently only for solo films. Spider-Man is in the MCU, as are his solo films, it's just a question of his supporting cast members, and really... just the supporting cast members the MCU wasn't going to use anyway.

So... that leaves us with the X-Men. That's pretty much who is off limits for the MCU. And even then, there is at least one more X-type who the MCU can use QS and Wanda style, right?

Legion is incredible. One of the best superhero shows ever made. I might even call it the best if it wasn't for BTAS.

The Dark Knight always wins movie versus movie on here, I wonder if there's an equivalent for TV.

I don't think you quite understand what we are saying about Logan. Fox is open to making a film like Logan, whereas Marvel is not. It doesn't matter that Hugh is done, they can make a quality film like Logan again. I mean, Mangold has mentioned interest in making an X23 film. And I doubt New Mutants would be made by Marvel.

And I am not convinced that the Sony/Marvel deal is a good thing yet. Sony is clearly moving forward with Spidey spinoffs, and we are getting really mixed messaging on if or how they connect to Homecoming. Yes, Homecoming appears to have worked out. But there have been enough reports to say that it wasn't exactly a smooth ride. And I am certain Sony will gladly pull out once the brand has been salvaged.

Are you talking about a rated R film? I don't think that's true and Jessica Jones is pretty much proof of that. Yes it was a Netflix show, but they certainly didn't hold anything back.

If Sony pulls out of this deal they are done, and after the box office numbers come in this weekend, it will be pretty obvious.

Still curious if JL is good how much credit if any will Snyder fans give Whedon as opposed to anti-Snyder fans who if JL is bad, saying that Whedon couldn't save it.
Regardless of how it turns out, I'm still considering it a Zack Snyder film.

I think that on this forum we'll be collectively wise enough to discern if it's a Snyder film, a Whedon film, or a hybrid.

Word is that it's a Snyder film with a touch of Whedon, but whatever those rumours are not reliable.

My guess is that that we'll get a crossbreed.

I don't think I've spoken enough, if at all, about how truly weird that situation is. Its a Zack Snyder movie pieced together and smoothed over by Joss Whedon. What the **** is that gonna look like? I probably won't pay to see it in theaters but damn if I'm not intrigued.

I like how in an age of cinematic universes (and failed cinematic universes), Fox just seems to be trying to be different with their superhero flicks, and not sweating the nitty gritty details about cinematic universes. They have their obvious failures, but they got their hits too. (And if push comes to shove, they'll double on those)

Not to mention the Snider/Watts regime has been pretty good about letting filmmakers execute their vision. Hopefully they continue that laissez-faire approach in general.

Just imagine if Rothman was still at Fox.

I think these pictures of crossbreeds prove that a Snyder-Whedon JL movie can work, or not work.

This is a shih poo, a cross breed between a Poodle and a Shih Tzu. It can be argued to be the best-case scenario for JL
shihpoo-alamy-e7krxa-645-x-380.jpg

On the other hand, this is a zorse, and it's not ideal for filmmaking:
Zorse.jpg

This is a wholphin, which they managed to create in Tokyo:
Wholphin.jpg

Last edited:

I think that on this forum we'll be collectively wise enough to discern if it's a Snyder film, a Whedon film, or a hybrid.

Word is that it's a Snyder film with a touch of Whedon, but whatever those rumours are not reliable.

My guess is that that we'll get a crossbreed.

I don't think I've spoken enough, if at all, about how truly weird that situation is. Its a Zack Snyder movie pieced together and smoothed over by Joss Whedon. What the **** is that gonna look like? I probably won't pay to see it in theaters but damn if I'm not intrigued.

I'm "assuming" that they'll leave a lot of the special effects scenes and that it's probably mostly dialogue?

That wholphin is going to give me nightmares. Good lord.

Also, I'm probably skipping JL if it isn't >70 on RT.

That wholphin is going to give me nightmares. Good lord.

Also, I'm probably skipping JL if it isn't >70 on RT.
Likewise. I skipped BvS in theaters and will not see SS ever.

I'll skip JL if it's above 70% on RT. I'm so tired of MCU-style crowd-pleasers.

I'm tired of bad DC movies, but thankfully we caught a break with Wonder Woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"