Clarice: 'Silence of the Lambs' sequel series

Wow. It's more idiotic than I thought. You can tackle harassment in the FBI without being so goddamn stupid about it, especially as referential. How would this even effect Clarice? This happened to Catherine. I guess she just watched the movie. :funny:

lol, that didn't even occur to me when I saw that post last night. Would Clarice even understand that reference?

Maybe if she read the report on Catherine. But it's not enough to make a whole thing over it. The creative choice is so bad and dumb. Jesus, what is this show, references to the movie haunting Clarice?

Finding out this is trash... when knowing it was going to be trash, back when it was announced, is hilarious.

HASHTAG HANNIBAL SEASON 4 PLEASE

It's nothing special but the first two episodes have been a solid watch and I like Rebecca Breeds as Clarice.

It's nothing special but the first two episodes have been a solid watch and I like Rebecca Breeds as Clarice.

I thought so too. Consequently, I don’t quite get why the show has earned general ridicule and a low RT score. :shrug:

Granted, nowadays, the benchmark for excellence seems to be the top tier of streaming. So by that measure, maybe Clarice does fall far short. But as a boilerplate network procedural, it works fine IMO. And at least so far, it holds its own against the various NCISes, Magnum, MacGyver, etc.

I thought so too. Consequently, I don’t quite get why the show has earned general ridicule and a low RT score. :shrug:

Granted, nowadays, the benchmark for excellence seems to be the top tier of streaming. So by that measure, maybe Clarice does fall far short. But as a boilerplate network procedural, it works fine IMO. And at least so far, it holds its own against the various NCISes, Magnum, MacGyver, etc.

I think the show is being somewhat snobbily looked down on because the movie is so highly regarded and they also tried to push the idea this was something fresh in it's approach when it's not, it's a standard, solid procedural.

I like it fine so far. I just got done binging The Expanse, The Man in the High Castle, and Babylon 5. I liked all of those better, but don't expect everything to be great.

"Fine" should not be acceptable following a film called Silence of the Lambs - or the Hannibal show for that matter. There are too many great things out there than to waste time with anything less. If you enjoy it though, more power to you. But life's too short. They need to shoot higher if they're dealing with a masterpiece in cinema.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"