Commissioner Gordon Casting Thread

Cranston or Keifer Sutherland.

Top Choice:

bryan-cranston.jpg

Other Choices:

12452859_gal.jpg

william_hurt.jpg

ted-levine-mustache.gif

What's with the trend of casting Idris Elba in every part of every film these days?:doh:
The trend is that Elba is a black actor. He also happens to be a good actor. So people get to feel not racist when they hypothetically cast black actors as white characters. Then other people comment and say "I could live with this" "this would be awesome" "maybe not my first choice, but I can see it." So now we get to all sound not racist together!

Or...they like him for the role!

There's no reason to be offended by it.

The trend is that Elba is a black actor. He also happens to be a good actor. So people get to feel not racist when they hypothetically cast black actors as white characters. Then other people comment and say "I could live with this" "this would be awesome" "maybe not my first choice, but I can see it." So now we get to all sound not racist together!

I think that sums it up pretty well.

I can see Bill Nighy as Gordon

normal_Rupert_Grint_(Tony)_looks_on_as_Bill_Nighy_(Victor)_blindfol.jpg

Although he could be a badass Mr Freeze :woot: :wow:

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-i-20090701032516442.jpg

Bryan Cranston? Perfect
Ted Levine? He can fit the role, great second choice

Yeah Cranston. /thread. No one is going to be able to come up with anything better

Elba gets suggested for every black role, too. Gets tiresome.

Cranston. Period.

My heart is so set on Cranston at this moment that I'll be devastated if anyone else gets the role.

Looks like my hopes for Cooper getting the role is mostly dashed now that he has decided on being Norman Osborne.

Last edited:
is it bad if in my reboot "plan" I have Denzel Washington as Gordon

I like Cranston, but he'd have my role as....Hugo Strange

Yup :up:
I'm not letting Marvel steal Waltz or Cranston from us lol

no one suggested daniel day lewis ? i could see him in a number of roles (gordon, ra's al ghul, joker, etc. )

no one suggested daniel day lewis ? i could see him in a number of roles (gordon, ra's al ghul, joker, etc. )

I could see him or Viggo Mortensen as Rahs Al Ghul yes, but I'd love to see what he'd do with someone like Joker. Would go even darker than Heath's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"