Commissioner Gordon Casting Thread

no one suggested daniel day lewis ? i could see him in a number of roles (gordon, ra's al ghul, joker, etc. )

I would want DDL in any movie in any role, so I thought it pretty much went unsaid :woot:

never say never :cwink:

he said he wouldn't play the lead in "lincoln " and look what happened there.

he loved heath's joker, so i'd think he'd have a (possibly ) new found respect for comic movies, particularly ones involving batman.

Sorry dude, but in this case I think it's perfectly safe to say never. :oldrazz:

Plus, if DDL were ever to do a Batman character, I almost feel like his talent would be wasted on a supporting character like Gordon. That's why I hope if Cranston is cast (fingers crossed!) that Gordon will have a prominent role, like he did in BB and TDK.

Even if DDL were to do a comic book movie, i don't think he'd do anything that wasn't written as the main character/main villain. He tends to take projects that are written in a way that can challenge him as an actor, that is just too much of a tall order for a secondary character in a film that's largely aimed at teens.

Just popped in here to repeat myself....this is Bryan Cranstons role to lose.

Especially if his character were to appear in a sequel. No chance DDL would do it.

never say never :cwink:

he said he wouldn't play the lead in "lincoln " and look what happened there.

he loved heath's joker, so i'd think he'd have a (possibly ) new found respect for comic movies, particularly ones involving batman.

Maybe in some alternate universe where someone like Chris Nolan was around in the 80's (michael mann maybe?) and someone had a strong one off film based on something like grant morrison's Serious house on serious earth or Alan moore's the killing joke, something where you can play batman with a lot of gravitas yet something with no hint at a sequel. I could see DDL maybe giving it a shot, but then again I've just presented pretty much the best factors for him to do it (a director he's worked with, his youth, the right story and script) and it would still be a long shot, that's how exclusive Daniel Day Lewis comes off as.

That being said...a Michael Mann directed Batman film during the 80's would have been a dream. I doubt it would differ much from The Dark Knight.

Whoever is cast Gordon, they have to give him something to do. He had a lot to do in BB and TDK, but he didn't do much in TDKR, other than losing his speech about Harvey Dent and getting shot.

If the movie will establish that Batman has been around for a while, maybe something like scenes in No Man's Land or Officer Down could be used.

"You use me. You've been using me for ten years."
"Or vice versa."
"You make it so easy to communicate! There's this signal and, oh right, nothing else!"

What about Sam O'Neil or Sam Elliot playing Gordon?

I'm sticking to Denzel Washington for Gordon

tumblr_mes1nc4pRf1qh7uyao1_500.png

Get dat Walter White. :o:up:

Yup. Watching Breaking Bad right now. So perfect for the role, anyone else at this point other than Oldman and Cranston is a JOKE

Gary Oldman>Tom Selleck, I'd rather not take a step back like that. I hate to say it but anyone other than Bryan Cranston would be a disappointment.
Tom Hanks would be alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"