Contest Of Marvels (Season 3) - Thread 3

Purple Man
There's a couple of ways to argue Magma, but it's an uphill battle against Purple

Wraith (Zak-Del)
Tough debates. I think the Supreme Intelligence is the necessary edge

Karima Shapandar
Ability to control tech gives her an edge on GR. And means she can utilize tech on the battlefield.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Marvel Boy -
Holy crap, great debate. I was going back and forth and was leaning toward Wraith toward the beginning, but Marvel Boy pulled me in toward the end. No matter who wins this will be earned.

Purple Man

Ghost Rider 2099
Because he's got a coolio Chainsaw that comes out of his hands... and that's SOOO much cooler than the little electrical dagger things that Karima has

Karima
Purple Man
Maelstrom
Wraith
Crap I thought this thread would be easy to vote because I only had one match that I wasn't involved with...I remember Nor-Var from Civil War and he kicked some ass...but Ahura had a good point with having the Supreme Intelligence and his healing factor

Purple Man
Wraith (Zak-Del)
Ghost Rider 2099
Maelstrom

Final Results:

Purple Man defeats Magma 8-0

Wraith defeats Marvel Boy 5-3

Karima Shapandar defeats Ghost Rider 2099 5-3

Maelstrom defeats Boomerang 7-1

CoM.jpg

Bracket 5

Match 1:

Stegron (WIEGEABO) link

stegron.jpg

vs.

Spider-Exiles (HARLEKIN) link

spider-1.jpg

Match 2:

Nahrees (MIDNIGHTICE) link

nahrees.jpg

vs.

Psi-Lord (AHURAMAZDA) link

psi-lord.jpg

Bracket 6

Match 1:

Hiroim (AHURAMAZDA) link

hiriom.jpg

vs.

Fallen-Mutant X (HELLSTORMER) link

TheFallen.jpg

Match 2:

Stryfe (PHAEDRUS45) link

stryfe-2.jpg

vs.

Gorgon-Inhuman (AHURAMAZDA) link

gorgon-2.jpg

629729-archangel_mux.jpg

Fallen VS. Hiroim

Given that these two come from different planets and dimensions and have names that have next to nothing to do with their powers it's very unlikely either one will be fully prepared. These two are pretty evenly matched. Hiroim's best ability is his oldstrong power and the Fallen has flight and a long range fire breath to his advantage. Fallen's best bet will be to go in hard from the beginning and back away when Hiroim turns into a rock. There's not much Hiroim can do in return given the Fallen's aptitude for the air. It may be a long process but Fallen will take it.

Winner=Fallen

Last edited:
Match 2:

Nahrees (MIDNIGHTICE) link

nahrees.jpg

vs.

Psi-Lord (AHURAMAZDA) link

psi-lord.jpg

I hate to say it but Nahrees is out of her depth against the latest incarnation of Psi-Lord. For all those who don't know who Psi-Lord is, it is Franklin Richards all grown up.

She is especially unlucky given in the last time he appearred during Fantastic Five (volume two) #4, he got a huge increase in his powers, triggered by cosmic rays exposure, leaving him with stronger psionic powers and with a blazing skull for a face, forcing him to wear a containment helmet at all times.

He also is telekinetic and probably has latent reality warping powers (not used really in this incarnation).

Now prep time will favor him as he has very ready files on all the inhumans whereas Nahrees will not know much about this alternate universe Franklin Richards (she has only seen him as a child).

During the battle he can very easily enter her mind and shut her down even from far away. And even if she could get any energies to him he can use his telekinesis to stop it. His shields are greater then anything she can produce.

Psi-Lord is very uber.

Winner - Psi-Lord

Bracket 6

Match 1:

Hiroim (AHURAMAZDA) link

hiriom.jpg

vs.

Fallen-Mutant X (HELLSTORMER) link

TheFallen.jpg

First off this is a good match. Hiroim is more powerful then the Fallen. However, neither character will know much about the other. The Fallen will know next to nothing whereas Hiroim will at least know he is facing an opponent who can fly with wings.

Hiroim using his oldstrong power will immediately take a powerful form (this is a form that can give him around class 100 strength). He can also use his powers to gain limited control over the Earth as well as generate blasts which have in the past knocked Luke Cage (halfway acoss an island) and blasted a super strong Hulk like creature away called Horde some distance.

The Fallen is not as powerful as the two mentionned above and he will be hurt by the blasts which can reach him when he is in the air plus Hiroim is invulnerable to fire in his mystic stone form so really there is not much the Fallen can do. Hiroim will defeat him soundly.

Winner - Hiroim

Fallen VS. Hiroim - Rebuttal

Given that these two come from different planets and dimensions and have names that have next to nothing to do with their powers it's very unlikely either one will be fully prepared. These two are pretty evenly matched. Hiroim's best ability is his oldstrong power and the Fallen has flight and a long range fire breath to his advantage. Fallen's best bet will be to go in hard from the beginning and back away when Hiroim turns into a rock. There's not much Hiroim can do in return given the Fallen's aptitude for the air. It may be a long process but Fallen will take it.

First off, prep time will give Hiroim the information that he is facing a flyer and that is about it.

Second, they are far from evenly matched given Hiroim who would immediately turn into mystic stone is close to class 100 strength and can blast people unconscious. And when I state people, I mean the likes of Luke cage and the Horde.

The reality is the Fallen can do nothing to Hiroim wheras one hit from Hiroim either physical or through a blast should be enough to win him the fight unless he has to get in two in which case it could take him a few more minutes.

The fallen's ability to fly does not leave him in the clear given Hiroim's ability to channel energy into very powerful blasts.

Winner - Hiroim

OPENING ARGUMENT: SPIDER (EXILES) VS. STEGRON

Just some basic logic here:
- 616 Spider-Man defeats Stegron.
- Exiles Spider is everything 616 Spider-Man is and more - he's powered additionally by a symbiote and is totally ruthless.
- Exiles Spider defeats Stegron.

WINNER=SPIDER (EXILES)

Opening Debate: Stryfe vs. Gorgon-Inhumans

Gorgon:

*Gorgon's legs are thickly muscled, allowing him to do massive damage by kicking something or someone, or he can use them to create seismic shocks by stomping the ground.

Stryfe:

*Stryfe was a clone of the mutant Cable and, as a result, possessed Cable's natural mutant abilities of telepathy and telekinesis. However, these abilities are far more powerful than the ones Cable has generally displayed in the main continuity, sufficient to block the use of Cyclops and Marvel Girl's superhuman powers. This is due to the fact that Stryfe was never infected with Apocalypse's techno-organic virus like Cable was. Therefore, he does not have to constantly expend his abilities to keep the virus from consuming his body, which apparently was a huge drain on Cable's capabilities. He also possessed other abilities through genetic manipulation similar to those that Cable achieved through cybernetic augmentation, including superhuman strength and durability.

*Stryfe wears battle armor of unknown composition that is highly impervious to damage. He has been known to wield a blade capable of harming Apocalypse. He has used various advanced weaponry and technology from the 39th Century A.D. of his alternate future, including his time-vortex field generator.

This is my best match of the week, and I really don't see anything stopping Stryfe from getting the win in Round 1. Being an Inhuman, Gorgon really won't know the location or who Stryfe is. He will, most likely, try the direct approach of attack, as in my memory, that's how I remember his usual method of fighting.

Winner = Stryfe

Opening Debate: Stryfe vs. Gorgon-Inhumans

Gorgon:

*Gorgon's legs are thickly muscled, allowing him to do massive damage by kicking something or someone, or he can use them to create seismic shocks by stomping the ground.

Stryfe:

*Stryfe was a clone of the mutant Cable and, as a result, possessed Cable's natural mutant abilities of telepathy and telekinesis. However, these abilities are far more powerful than the ones Cable has generally displayed in the main continuity, sufficient to block the use of Cyclops and Marvel Girl's superhuman powers. This is due to the fact that Stryfe was never infected with Apocalypse's techno-organic virus like Cable was. Therefore, he does not have to constantly expend his abilities to keep the virus from consuming his body, which apparently was a huge drain on Cable's capabilities. He also possessed other abilities through genetic manipulation similar to those that Cable achieved through cybernetic augmentation, including superhuman strength and durability.

*Stryfe wears battle armor of unknown composition that is highly impervious to damage. He has been known to wield a blade capable of harming Apocalypse. He has used various advanced weaponry and technology from the 39th Century A.D. of his alternate future, including his time-vortex field generator.

This is my best match of the week, and I really don't see anything stopping Stryfe from getting the win in Round 1. Being an Inhuman, Gorgon really won't know the location or who Stryfe is. He will, most likely, try the direct approach of attack, as in my memory, that's how I remember his usual method of fighting.

All this will avail you to naught given Gorgon will waight until Stryfe will confidently walk past an open jail cell door in which case Gorgon will knock him off his feet into the cell which will immediately close leaving Stryfe without access to his powers.

Maybe far fetched but it is possible.........(how the hell I got Gorgon is beyond me).

Winner = Gorgon

All this will avail you to naught given Gorgon will waight until Stryfe will confidently walk past an open jail cell door in which case Gorgon will knock him off his feet into the cell which will immediately close leaving Stryfe without access to his powers.

Maybe far fetched but it is possible.........(how the hell I got Gorgon is beyond me).

Winner = Gorgon

Yes, a far fetched idea...especially since it goes against Gorgon's nature to deal in this type of battle technique and probably has no idea of what The Raft is. More than likely, he'll hide in a jail cell and get it closed on himself.

Winner = Stryfe

Stegron vs Spider

This is not an easy fight for either character. Stegron has fought Spider-Man and know what to expect to a reasonable degree (webbing, wall crawling, super strength, etc...). Whereas Spider is hindered by being driven insane by the Carnage symbiotic. So he won't be the clear thinking Peter Parker that's defeated Stegron in the past.

In a face to face battle, this would be a brutal match. Against opponents like Stegron and Lizard, Spidey's always had trouble because they are just so durable and strong, able to withstand some of Spidey's strongest blows. But Spider will also have increased durability through Carnage and webbing. Stegron has his tail.

Wait...His tail?

Doesn't sound like much, but the Lizard has used his tail to great effect against Spider-Man, catching off guard despite Peter's spider-sense. Even able to nearly choke the life out of Spidey, or fling him around to pound him against the ground or walls. Stegron can do the same thing. Of course, the Raft's walls are lined with adamantium, meaning they won't give way when Spider is slammed into them (like most walls do), increasing the damage done. And, unlike the Lizard, Stegron's tail has long spikes, perfect for skewing a pesky, insane Spider.

Will it be an easy fight for either? No. But it's a fight Stegron can take because there's one more thing Stegron can do that Spider won't be able to counter: control the reptilian part of Spider's brain.

What does the reptilian brain of a person control? Oh, little things including breathing, circulation, fight or flight, movement, posture and balance. Throw off any of these in Spider, or trigger the flight response of fight or flight, and Stegron's advantage grows.

Stegron wins

Hiriom
Stegron
Psi-Lord
Stryfe
It wouldn't be until round 3, but I have to say that a potential Stryfe/Psi-Lord battle has me a bit excited.

Hiroim

Spider

Psi-Lord

Gorgon -
he should get one vote for coming to the battle

My Votes:

*Spider-Exiles -
The funny part of this match is Stegron is going in thinking, "I'm fighting Spider-Man." Wait until he learns...too late...this Spidey will have no problem killing his scaley butt.

*Psi-Lord

*Fallen-Mutant X -
This was a tough one to pick. Each character has an advantage over the other.

*Stryfe

Stegron

Psi-Lord

Hiroim
This surprised me

Stryfe

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members