Daredevil Daredevil: FULL SEASON ONE Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

BTW, According to Steven Deknight, he made very little changes to Goddard's Season 1 outline.

Here's a bizarre question (and apologies if it's already been discussed) - in episode 10, when Karen and Ben go to see Fisk's mother at the nursing home, there's a black and white show or movie on in the background that she's watching.

1: Does anyone know if this is a genuine old show/movie?
2: If it is, does anyone know what it was?

(just curious)

Just wondering anybody do any re-watches on the season yet and notice things you missed the first time around?

I'm planning on starting a re-watch soon.

Just wondering anybody do any re-watches on the season yet and notice things you missed the first time around?

I'm planning on starting a re-watch soon.

haven't noticed really anything new but my rewatch is leaving me more in awe on just how good this show really is. and i'm very excited to see how d'onofrio plays fisk in future seasons b/c i think he will play him a little more differently b/c of his realization at the end of the season.

Also, is everyone going to ignore the fact that Daredevil killed Nobu? It might've been self defense, but he still killed him. Then he just pretends he DIDN'T DO IT!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But he does make a point to tell Kingpin as he wals in.."So this was your Plan all along"..I took it as .."So I would kill him or so you could get me to kill or kill him"

Just realized something to fix the Ulrich matter. Since Spidey's back with Marvel, why not deviate by having Phil take up the slack? Yes that'll mean cancelling out the chances of Ulrich!Goblin on film but **** it
Im sorry Im a little lost here can please elaborate on this please?

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But he does make a point to tell Kingpin as he wals in.."So this was your Plan all along"..I took it as .."So I would kill him or so you could get me to kill or kill him"

Im sorry Im a little lost here can please elaborate on this please?

There was a character named Phil Urich in Spider-man who was also a reporter, and then later implicated to be the HobGoblin after he was killed. Though I believe that was later revealed to be a fake out by the real Goblin.

Question...
this has been bugging me since I seen it...
When he was dumped into a Dumpster.
1.Why didn't they kill him?
2.Why didn't we see the fight?
3.Why didn't they unmask him?
4.Or did he himself Crawl in there?
5.Why didnt they tell us?

There's a huge difference between killing as an end goal and killing in self-defense. A show like Daredevil in a sort of grounded world not unlike the Nolan Batman films would have to acknowledge there will be times when the whole "no-killing policy" would have to be bent when it comes to not dying or others not dying. The whole "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you".

That is still very different from someone like the Punisher who goes out with the motivation and purpose to kill.

Question...

I'm not sure, but I think it was implied that he somehow got away from the russians and ended up in the dumpster on his own.

I'm not sure, but I think it was implied that he somehow got away from the russians and ended up in the dumpster on his own.
Yeah but that's an important tid bit to leave out...N I think when he speaks to Foggy when Foggy finds out he is Daredevil..He tells him something like..."I had no choice they left me in a Dumpster or I ended up in a Dumpster."....Cant recall.

Yeah but that's an important tid bit to leave out...N I think when he speaks to Foggy when Foggy finds out he is Daredevil..He tells him something like..."I had no choice they left me in a Dumpster or I ended up in a Dumpster."....Cant recall.

Well, the russians do come looking for him, so why would they do that if they were the ones who dumped in there?

Edit: Claire asks him "Did you at least find the boy?" and DD replies with "No, I barely made it out of there myself". So he dumped himself in that dumpster :oldrazz:

There's a huge difference between killing as an end goal and killing in self-defense. A show like Daredevil in a sort of grounded world not unlike the Nolan Batman films would have to acknowledge there will be times when the whole "no-killing policy" would have to be bent when it comes to not dying or others not dying. The whole "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you".

That is still very different from someone like the Punisher who goes out with the motivation and purpose to kill.

Pretty much this. Daredevil wasn't angsting over the possibility of having to use deadly force in battle ( though he does go out of his way to avoid doing so ). He was angsting over going out specifically with the intent of ending someone's life.

Question...

He got away from the Russians and got into the dumpster himself. They did tell us, just through dialogue. They didn't show it because they thought it was better to start the episode the way they did?

He somehow evaded the Russians, climbed into the dumpster to hide from them, and subsequently passed out. This is almost explicitly stated in the dialogue. Not sure where the confusion is stemming from.

Well, the russians do come looking for him, so why would they do that if they were the ones who dumped in there?

Edit: Claire asks him "Did you at least find the boy?" and DD replies with "No, I barely made it out of there myself". So he dumped himself in that dumpster :oldrazz:
True

He got away from the Russians and got into the dumpster himself. They did tell us, just through dialogue. They didn't show it because they thought it was better to start the episode the way they did?
True
He somehow evaded the Russians, climbed into the dumpster to hide from them, and subsequently passed out. This is almost explicitly stated in the dialogue. Not sure where the confusion is stemming from.
No none their right.

Just yesterday I was watching it again and Owsly tell Kingpin.."So you burned Nubo alive?"..N Kingpin says.."I never did a thing"...N he says So you had.."The Mask do it for you then same thing"...So did Daredevil kill him?..Seems he did.

Last edited:
Just yesterday I was watching it again and Owsly tell Kingpin.."So you burned Nubo alive?"..N Kingpin says.."I never did a thing"...N he says So you had.."The Mask do it for you then same thing"...So did Daredevil kill him?..Seems he did.

Yes of course he technically did kill him. My point was that Daredevil shouldn't have the label of a "killer" now as it was a killing in self-defense, as maybe some are trying to brand him.

If a violent criminal broke into a woman's home and she ended-up killing the perpetrator in self-defense would it make any sense to have her branded as a "killer" afterwards?

There is a difference between having killing as an end-goal and it coming up only in a self-defense scenario as it did for Daredevil

^ I'd also add that Matt would have probably thrown some water or used some fire extinguisher had Kingpin not shown up.

There's a difference between killing someone and murdering someone. Daredevil is a killer but he's not a murderer.

There's a difference between killing someone and murdering someone. Daredevil is a killer but he's not a murderer.

Yeah, there are plenty of times in the comics when he fight someone who ends up dying, but not because he intends to do so.

Yes of course he technically did kill him. My point was that Daredevil shouldn't have the label of a "killer" now as it was a killing in self-defense, as maybe some are trying to brand him.

If a violent criminal broke into a woman's home and she ended-up killing the perpetrator in self-defense would it make any sense to have her branded as a "killer" afterwards?

There is a difference between having killing as an end-goal and it coming up only in a self-defense scenario as it did for Daredevil
Oh no I agree whole heartedly I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked I really wanted to know "Did he kill him or not?"..bcse to me it seemed he did but the storline doesn't address it that was in fact it doesn't address it at all from Daredevils perspective and he keeps saying.."I don't kill".
So I feel he did but I don't know if the storyline says different you know?What I mean?
Love your Avatar by the way.

Last edited:
Question...

They didn't dump him, he escaped their lair after getting beat up and hid in that dumpster

I am glad they didn't show the actual fight, that left a lot of time for developing Claire

They didn't dump him, he escaped their lair after getting beat up and hid in that dumpster

I am glad they didn't show the actual fight, that left a lot of time for developing Claire

Yeah, the way that played out was perfect. I just wished they showed the fight when he was trying to get to that one cop that Owl had hidden away.

And this whole thing about killing or no killing. Didn't Matt suggest it would be a matter of time before he crossed that line, either with the priest, Claire or Stick? He just seems to not be for guns.

Oh no I agree whole heartedly I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked I really wanted to know "Did he kill him or not?"..bcse to me it seemed he did but the storline doesn't address it that was in fact it doesn't address it at all from Daredevils perspective and he keeps saying.."I don't kill".
So I feel he did but I don't know if the storyline says different you know?What I mean?
Love your Avatar by the way.

His point is he doesn't set-out to kill. Which is true.

I think Matt knows he's on the edge when it comes to how he treats criminals. The truth is putting someone in a coma is probably just a bit better than actually killing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"