Daredevil Daredevil: FULL SEASON ONE Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

^

Nope. TV without laugh tracks has existed for sometime now. :)

thats not what I meant xD I meant like imagine watching Avengers by yourself for the first time and when Coulson says "So thats how it works" theres no laughing because your by yourslef and not in a cinema full of fans. I prefer that atmosphere with fans because it just feels great!

09-05-2015_zps156rh2d2.png

Check out the date on the newspaper. 09-05-2015.....It appears episode 8 takes place in September of this year, not last one.

09-05-2015_zps156rh2d2.png

Check out the date on the newspaper. 09-05-2015.....It appears episode 8 takes place in September of this year, not last one.
Eh...personally, I take things like dates that appear in tiny print on screen kind of worth a grain of salt just because there can be mistakes due to these types of things getting handed off to some techie with instructions of "here give us a newspaper article with the headline of: _____" and they don't get specifics on what the date should be - if the date doesn't play a critical part of the plot (i.e. 9/11 would be a critical date) - and so just throw some random date in.

I mean, if we were to take Bucky's Smithsonian exhibit as canon, he would have been born in two different years - his 'death' year was also likely wrong; likewise for IM3 - there's a newspaper date that puts it December 2013 - which would be 14 years after the prologue flashback (2013-1999=14), not the 13 years that's stated in actual dialogue (1999+13=2012). I take this as a similar situation.

I've been posting photos of my old comics on my website and thought some of you might want to check them out. So far, I've posted some of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Daredevil. I've got some really old issues of Tales to Astonish and Strange Tales that I'll probably be posting in the near future. I'm really glad they had that old used comic book store in my old neighborhood down by MacArthur Park in LA. If you're ever in the area, go to Langer's and get the #19 (Pastrami) sandwich. They're expensive, but....well....just do it.

For Marvel in general go to

http://www.cloudvistas.com/my-comic-book-collection/photosmarvel-comics/

For Daredevil photos go to

http://www.cloudvistas.com/my-comic-book-collection/photosmarvel-comics/photosdaredevil/

I loved the Daredevil series. They did a really nice job, but the DD in the comics was more of a bad @$$ and didn't get the living snot knocked out of him all the time.

So I just finnished Season 1! Was a little late in watching the series as I had a lot of revision to do for Uni exams, but they ended last week and I finally got my chance to sit through the series.

Absolutely brilliant. Kingpin was a brilliant villian, Charlie cast as Daredevil was an excellent choice, I am looking foreward to season 2, and the Defenders. Hopefully we will get to see this Daredevil in a marvel movie one day. I would love that. :)

Just finished Daredevil and I have to say that it's everything a superhero TV show should be. Gritty, explicit, action packed, realistic, and still fits in the MCU.

Charlie Cox is the perfect Daredevil. A bit skinny, but that could always be fixed with a couple more weights.
Foggy has a good sense of humor so I don't mind him sticking around.
Karen is always nice to look at and is out there representing tall women so I definitely don't mind seeing her again for next season.
Wilson Fisk is PERFECT. The look, especially when he's pounding Daredevil to the ground mid-season, looks exactly like he does in the comics. I only hope that when he does get out of prison he stops being an emotional wreck and gets everyone back to fearing him.

For the future I hope to see more brilliant East Eggs, cross-overs (maybe even a Spidey crossover?), a romance between Matt and Karen, and the inclusion of Elektra and Bullseye.

Great show, but the fights go on way too long for a show based on reality. I mean everyone takes dozens of punches and blows to be put down.

I disagree. The show is very realistic aside from DD throwing Kingpin in a circle in the last episode and Matt climbing up buildings like Nightcrawler.

The fight in the 2nd episode is GODLY.

I disagree. The show is very realistic aside from DD throwing Kingpin in a circle in the last episode and Matt climbing up buildings like Nightcrawler.

The fight in the 2nd episode is GODLY.

Any specific moments? Cuz I can't think of any.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but do you guys think Matt would have been targeted by Project Insight? Assuming he wasn't Daredevil at the time of TWS (I think it's safe to assume he wasn't), would SHIELD still have known about him? His abilities, job, training/activities... Thinking they did may be reaching, but I don't know...

First, I'd argue that the formula knew about people that SHIELD/Hydra didn't consciously know about. So anything's possible.

Second, I think we'd be able to speculate a bit more easily after we find out the state of Dr. Steven Strange's abilities at the time Sitwell mentioned his name.

Of course in Strange's case. But still for Matt, were his abilities really that more specific to the interests of, obviously those like Stick than SHIELD/Hydra?

Shield might know about the masked vigilante. But would they care? As far as anyone can tell he's just a guy in a mask that is a good fighter. I'm sure Shield has quite a lot of good fighters. Maybe not many on Matts level, but they have enough. Also, is how good a fist fighter the most desireable quality in a Shield operative? Or would they see him as a threat?
I doubt they would see him as either so will leave him to the police.

I'm not saying they'd personally seek him out. Just know about/keep an eye on him. Like I said, I think them caring pre-DD S1 is reaching, but following I'd say... If whichever of the 3 new freaking S.H.I.E.L.D.'s (Fury, Coulson, etc.) have the time or resources to bother or operate as they used to (pre-TWS), they would. Again, if they could/had the time, they'd hear about things like Fisk's arrest and "Daredevil" - a vigilante, running Hell's Kitchen.

Matt's not as big as I may make him sound, but I don't think he's as irrelevant as some may think.

I finally finished, and I loved it. I had one problem with it. It treated its women very poorly. Despite having incredibly interesting characters, only one major character was never a damsel-in-distress. Madame Gao, Vanessa, Karen, and the rest of the female cast were some of my favorite characters in the show, but they spent most of the series only existing in relation to their man or as motivation for their man. This wouldn't be problematic if they had more women who were emotionally strong (Part of Karen's character was that she wasn't able to handle a lot of the stuff she went through, and I still love her) and able to deal with the happenings of the series without suffering.

Comparing this to AOS and AC (only in regards to treatment of women), both of those shows showed a lot more variation in their female characters.

I thought Karen was pretty independent and wasn't just a damsel in distress. Certainly, Vanessa wasn't. You don't have to be asskicking to be a strong character.

I agree, Karen was a breath of fresh air because she wasn't constantly in danger and needed saving by matt. And she wasnt a major love interest. Same with Claire, they did a good job of giving her and Matt a more adult relationship where they knew it wouldn't work and nipped it in the butt immediately.

Finished the last 3 episodes the other day. Simply a fantastic and fun show, I honestly see it as better than anything else in the MCU right now. The suit being saved til the last season was probably the only complaint I have. Otherwise, it was amazing.

I suspect Insight would have shot at Matt Murdoch eventually. Its not so much that the algorithm would figure out he's a vigilante, as that what he *is* publicly known to be would peg him as a legal crusader out to right wrongs. That's the kind of thing Hydra doesn't want around.

SHIELD might or might not care about a "non-powered" vigilante running around beating up Russian mobsters, but most likely not. Post Winter Soldier, they *definitely* wouldn't care, being more busy with falling apart and Hydra.

I finished Dare Devil and I loved it. I expect season 2 to be even better. The plot is great and it stays true to Dare Devil's ways. I loved how dark it was too. The way Dare Devil is meant to be!

I just read Daredevil: Yellow and it's endearing to see some if its elements incorporated into the show.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't realize how many until I read it. Had no idea Crusher Creel was drawn from the comics, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"