Daredevil Daredevil: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

I noticed something funny today in the Miller issues regarding Elektra and Punisher.
First off in issue 182 (right after Elektras death) Matt talks to himself about Elektra, specifically this line "Did I fail you in some way, or were you possessed by some awful inner demon that made you kill and kill.." And I thought it was funny that she does indeed seem to have some kind of demon inside of her in the show.
In the very next issue, when Matt fights Punisher for the first time, he ends the fight with a hidden gun on his ankle, only in the comic he shot Matt with a tranq dart in the stomach instead.

tumblr_o4cmw2LOu91r5a08so3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_o4cmw2LOu91r5a08so4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o4cmw2LOu91r5a08so5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_o4cmw2LOu91r5a08so6_r1_250.gif

"No you cross over to my side of the line, theres no coming back from that." I loved that line!

I honestly don't know how I feel about Seaosn Two as a whole it was at its best in the early episodes when the Punisher was the focus. Then Elektra enters the frame and the series lost me, the only episode I liked after that was the Kingpin focused episode.

Daredevil fighting Ninjas was like the Power Rangers taking on the puttys to me and Karen just annoyed me this season (anyone else feel she's abit miscast?). also Daredevil's no kill rule in this universe just doesn't work for me at all.

I really think season 2 missed having a true big bad. Hopefully Fisk is back in Season Three.

I'll end on a high though I loved Jon Berthnal as the Punisher. Please Netflix give us a spin off.

Last edited:
I loved the Elektra and Hand half most of all.
Even her being one of the[Blackout] Black Sky[/Blackout] folks makes total sense to me.
Loved that twist actually, even if I did see it coming early on.

I honestly don't know how I feel about Seaosn Two as a whole it was at its best in the early episodes when the Punisher was the focus. Then Elektra enters the frame and the series lost me, the only episode I liked after that was the Kingpin focused episode.

Daredevil fighting Ninjas was like the Power Rangers taking on the puttys to me and Karen just annoyed me this season (anyone else feel she's abit miscast?). also Daredevil's no kill rule in this universe just doesn't work for me at all.

I really think season 2 missed having a true big bad. Hopefully Fisk is back in Season Three.

I'll end on a high though I loved Jon Berthnal as the Punisher. Please Netflix give us a spin off.

Umm....all the things that you disapproved of are essentially straight out of the comics. So you want DD to not be like DD?

I think it's kinda funny Bernthal really doesnt look much like his comic book counterparts, but they do kinda look like each other.

latest
shane_walsh_the_walking_dead__colored_by_me__by_cpxavier-d5o8xk9.jpg

Umm....all the things that you disapproved of are essentially straight out of the comics. So you want DD to not be like DD?

Actually what I am talking about is execution. It's like saying you didn't enjoy Fantastic Four but they fought Doctor Doom which is what they did in the comics.

Daredevil's no kill rule in this universe just doesn't work for me at all.

He is the only MCU superhero so far who is against killing. I can't think of anyone else who is opposed to it at the moment.

He is the only MCU superhero so far who is against killing. I can't think of anyone else who is opposed to it at the moment.

I never said anyone else was lol I just think given the threats he faces it doesn't quite work in this universe.

I love that it doesn't quite work, it's a great source of conflict. Killing his enemies would be the easy way out, so I'm happy that Matt goes the extra mile.

Works absolutely fine. Just because other people kill in the MCU doesn't mean he has to. It's called "character". But then again we are living in a world where the cinematic Superman and Batman are killers so of course people are gonna think Daredevil not killing doesn't work.

Really enjoyed season 2 but I absolutely hate, hate, hate Karen Page. I didn't know if I was watching DD or the Karen Page detective hour most of the time. Did we really need 20 minutes of each episode dedicated to Karen playing Sherlock ****ing Holmes and getting her nose into every sticky situation, it was so annoying. I hope she takes a bullet to the head soon or at least Overdoses and ****s off !!

Works absolutely fine. Just because other people kill in the MCU doesn't mean he has to. It's called "character". But then again we are living in a world where the cinematic Superman and Batman are killers so of course people are gonna think Daredevil not killing doesn't work.

I agree on all accounts. Not only does it work, it shows even more how much potential was squandered between Batman and Superman in BvS.

I feel the same, it seems many critics too, this season was not as good, Fisk made Season 1 more interesting and consistent. I disagree on Karen though, Deborah Ann Woll did a great job, what bothered me was Matt keeping the secret from her till the end, it made her look a bit stupid, Karen is smarter than that, she should've figured it out herself. Another thing that I found a bit unnecessary was some of the violence used with the Punisher, too graphic sometimes, but Jon Bernthal was very good in the role. Charlie Cox was fantastic as usual and Elodie Yung, although not as good as the others, was solid enough.

The no killing rule in a darker, more realistic universe doesn't make sense, specially when fighting expert assassins, is just silly to pretend Matt will never have to do it, that's what the right of self-defense is for:

The right of self-defense (also called, when it applies to the defense of another, alter ego defense, defense of others, defense of a third person) is the right for persons to use reasonable force or defensive force, for the purpose of defending one's own life or the lives of others, including, in certain circumstances, the use of deadly force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_self-defense

Matt should be pragmatic enough to use this right if there's no other alternative. The silly stuff from the comics to keep them kid-friendly should be left out, this show doesn't need it. Overall, a good season and still the best comic book series on television IMO.

Overall a very good season. It loses a bit of its thunder towards the end, but still very good. The first four episodes were like an underpowered version of what BVS should've/could've been.

Jon bernthal is a beast. The prison fight was so good.

Finally finished it today. While I think I preferred season 1 a little bit more, season 2 was still awesome. Bernthal knocked it out of the park as Frank Castle and I'm hoping he gets his own series. I wonder how Foggy working with Hogarth will tie in to Jessica Jones and or Iron Fist? Sucks we might have to wait two years until season 3. Next up- Luke Cage!

Finished the season today, I definitely prefer season 2 over season 1. I went back to watch the same episodes a few times, I loved season 1 but I never really did that. Loved that they brought ninjas and the mysticism in his world.

I enjoyed this season as much as season 1. I think the new characters were amazing, the action was upped and the character arc for Matt was fantastic.

I have serious issues with it though; the biggest of which is that the whole series inevitably fizzles out.

Punishers arc is amazing at the start but then kinda fizzles out. Elektra is awesome but then that kinda fizzles. Even the hand just fizzle out at the end and get less cool the more we hear about them.

I think the momentum over the season keeps building, and we keep getting more new mysteries and ideas, and then right AFTER the Hospital Ninja attack, that's the turning point. The momentum just dies out, the mysteries go unanaswered (what was the point of the blood? Was there ever anyone in that hand resurrection chamber they were guarding?). There were cool scenes in the episodes after that one, but the season as a whole just lost its steam imo.

Really enjoyed season 2 but I absolutely hate, hate, hate Karen Page. I didn't know if I was watching DD or the Karen Page detective hour most of the time.
Yeah I really liked Karen Page in season 1 but in this season she just seemed everywhere and too involved in every story, with that same over-emotional act she does. Even one of the police men joked about it (who ironically is the only policemen that turned up to EVERY call). I still don't get her blindly assuming Matt is having an affair because she sees Elektra there.. ignoring the fact theres a blind pensioner with a sumarai sword walking round the living room.

Mjölnir;33312571 said:
I agree on all accounts. Not only does it work, it shows even more how much potential was squandered between Batman and Superman in BvS.

Agreed. I can't honestly see how so many Batman and Superman "fans" are happy with them both being so cavalier about killing. IMO it completely kills their characters - Batman has no justification for NOT having killed the Joker, and Superman might as well just snipe people from space with his heat vision.

I feel the same, it seems many critics too, this season was not as good, Fisk made Season 1 more interesting and consistent. I disagree on Karen though, Deborah Ann Woll did a great job, what bothered me was Matt keeping the secret from her till the end, it made her look a bit stupid, Karen is smarter than that, she should've figured it out herself. Another thing that I found a bit unnecessary was some of the violence used with the Punisher, too graphic sometimes, but Jon Bernthal was very good in the role. Charlie Cox was fantastic as usual and Elodie Yung, although not as good as the others, was solid enough.

The no killing rule in a darker, more realistic universe doesn't make sense, specially when fighting expert assassins, is just silly to pretend Matt will never have to do it, that's what the right of self-defense is for:

Matt should be pragmatic enough to use this right if there's no other alternative. The silly stuff from the comics to keep them kid-friendly should be left out, this show doesn't need it. Overall, a good season and still the best comic book series on television IMO.

It's not really self-defense when Matt willingly puts on a costume and attacks people every night. And a big part of what makes a show or a movie good, is that you have to have the protagonist fight as hard as he can to achieve his goal. The antagonist has to be as powerful as the protagonist, so I don't see why you would have Matt take the easy way out and start killing. If you make it easier for Matt, then the story loses power.

I loved the second season almost as much as the first. 9.5/10 from a huge DD fan. S1 was a 10/10 for me.

I think most people miss the point on the whole "no killing" thing.

Murdock believes in justice, the law and redemption. He said as much when he was arguing with the Punisher in ep3.

He feels that killing any criminal would prevent any chance of justice prevailing, the law being upheld or said criminal getting a chance to redeem himself.

BTW, it's why I have such an issue with BvS too.

Loved the punisher stuff but when it switched back to the Elektra storyline the show kinda dragged. I still don't really understand this whole black sky stuff, she doesnt seem any more powerful than DD, unless she gains some sort of powers after she is resurrected.

Loved the punisher stuff but when it switched back to the Elektra storyline the show kinda dragged. I still don't really understand this whole black sky stuff, she doesnt seem any more powerful than DD, unless she gains some sort of powers after she is resurrected.
Well Stick said something along the lines of "they've never activated a black sky" I assume we have yet to see what a fully formed Black Sky. I think them identifying Elektra as a Black Sky is based on her personality rather than any abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"