Justice League Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Not at all surprised. I figured it would be darkseid or doomsday. It would take a villain like that to get them all together. My only question is, does mos tie into it. Logic says yeah.

I'm a bit undecided about this.

On the one hand, I love Darkseid as a character and a big part of me wants to see him on screen. On the other hand, he's so insanely powerful that I'd have to ask - how could they top him in any JL sequel? He's perhaps better used for a sequel as they could build up to his entrance from the first film onwards.

The issue of the villain in the first JL film is a tricky one really. Superman is ordinarily so powerful in his own right (he can pretty much go toe-to-toe with Darkseid) that it would take a very powerful villain to necessitate the Justice League having to be formed at all, and for these superheroes to have to band together to overcome a common foe. But then again, until we see MOS we're not going to know what kind of power level Snyder's Superman is operating at and if he would need help from other heroes or not.

Whedon handled it very well in Avengers - despite the fact that they were using a villain (Loki) who one Avenger could handle on his own (Thor), they managed to weave the Cosmic Cube, Chitauri and a Thanos backstory into it so that it really required a team effort from all involved to vanquish the enemy. I think JL will have to do something similar and weave different threats together with one big enemy (Darkseid) overseeing it all.

what all in mentality with gl? if anything they did'nt go in enough paralax and hammond as villians? lol

I like the idea of Darkseid being the Justice League villain, but I am still very much against this movie. At least at this point. They should be focusing on building individual franchises with their heroes.

It feels too much like the WB corporate bosses saying "Look at what Marvel did with The Avengers, let's skip right to that."

I have low expectations right now, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
I don't like it. It's one thing to start out with the whole team without building the individual members first, but to pit them against someone like Darkseid right off the bat is just pushing it. This reeks of the same reckless "all-in" mentality that we got with GL.

:huh: Any Green Lantern movie where Sinestro isn't the villain isn't "all-in"

I'll believe it when I see it, same for the film as a whole.

So apparently, according to rumors, Darkseid will be up against John Blake from TDKR.

tumblr_lrgy4qQWwG1qg39ewo1_500.gif

So the same year we see Thanos is the very anticipated Avengers sequel we'll get Darkseid in the (not as hyped as even avengers one was) JLA film..

Still think WB is going about this backwards.
everyone knows some of the best eps of JLU weren't where they simply fought darkseid, but rather when they fought a big team of villains...or mixed it up a bit. Just look as DC online.

Is everybody really gonna start this ****?? Saying that they're copying Avengers and Thanos with Darkseid?? Give me a break. This script was being written before the Thanos reveal back in May. And most importantly, Thanos is a Darkseid rip-off, not the other way around.

From a previous post:

"The big problem is there is no equivalent to Feige OR Whedon at WB/DC. The idea that these individual DC properties, as they exist now, are somehow unfilmable is bullcrap. With the right people calling the shots, WW and the Flash and even Aquaman are completely doable. It takes balls and talent and a boatload of money but given what Marvel has achieved...

Believe me, as recently as 5 years ago the idea of an Avengers movie was seen by many as ludicrous. Me included. If WB has decided to do the whole thing bass-ackwards by doing JL first and then the individual films, its only because they dont understand the characters and therefore dont have the confidence to invest in their movies. Theyre simply trying to duplicate the succes of The Avengers while the iron's hot. Which does not bode well for any of these films. I'll hope for the best, but logic dictates expecting the worst.

The half-assed idea of a WW tv show is exhibit A that WB doesnt know what the hell they're doing."

Using Darkseid as the primary villain in a severely premature JL movie would be exhibit B. Its all about money and one-upmanship. An indication that the wrong people are calling the shots at WB.

(Im not saying that money isnt a big part - probably the biggest part - of the equation for the studio brass; its a business after all. But you also need the love. I see a void where the love should be)

Last edited:
Is everybody really gonna start this ****?? Saying that they're copying Avengers and Thanos with Darkseid?? Give me a break. This script was being written before the Thanos reveal back in May. And most importantly, Thanos is a Darkseid rip-off, not the other way around.

But none of that amounts to anything given how it will appear to the general audience.

But none of that amounts to anything given how it will appear to the general audience.
Well, thats a different story. But if fans are going be *****ing about it online until the release date, then they're goddamn ******ed. I just know the Avengers fanboys will be acting like DC are ripping their Thanos. They're idiots if they start this crap.

My only nitpick is that Darkseid might be too early. Unless he's the guy scheming in the background and letting his forces trash earth. But then it might really look like a rip-off. If he's indeed the villain, I wonder how they will pull him off, without it looking like a copy & paste job of Avengers to the general audience.

The only way to avoid that perception by the GA is to allow them to get to know the characters via solo movies. Period.

Or you know, let them see that in the film itself. Considering not everyone who saw Avengers saw the other 5 MCU films.

Seems a bit premature to use Darkseid, and like they're trying to ride the coat tails of Thanos from Avengers.

Seems a bit premature to use Darkseid, and like they're trying to ride the coat tails of Thanos from Avengers.

Except they hired the writer a year before Avengers came out. And what coattails? He had like 2 and a half seconds of screentime.

Follow the opening arc for New 52 JL somewhat, but give Darkseid a bigger presence from the get go. He was basically just there to kick the crap out of the League's heavy hitters in the last issue. I'd rather see him put a beat down on Superman early on, and then screw with him for half the movie while Bats and Co are fighting off Paradeamons and Caliback and what not.

Except they hired the writer a year before Avengers came out. And what coattails? He had like 2 and a half seconds of screentime.
So what if the writer was hired before the movie came out, it's still being written. Add on the fact that the general audience showed excitement to Thanos' reveal despite the majority not knowing who he is, they just knew he was bad news; 2 and a half seconds or not of screentime, the point got across.

WB is showing heavy signs of desperation, with the failure of GL, the not as great reception to TDKR as TDK(it was still loved yes I know, but it wasn't at TDK levels as I'm sure WB wanted), the failure of the WW pilot, the half-ass attempt with CW'S Arrow, the soon to be half-assed attempt with CW's Wonder Woman/"Iris", to the now rumors of the bull**** of JGL being Batman, and now Darkseid as a villain with no build up nor explanation of the character anywhere; yes I know it can be told in the JL movie, but then what happens to the stories of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lanter, and whoever else will be making up the League?(Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Aquaman, Green Arrow, whoever, etc.)

It reeks of bad planning, bad writing and desperation due to lack of care for all properties involved.

Man, WB is just going for broke aren't they? I'm...conflicted. I LOOVE Darkseid, and I've been waiting to see an Big Screen confrontation between Darkseid and Superman for a long time. However, I kind of feel like 1) it's too early for Darkseid; if we open with him, who're they gonna use in the sequels? 2) I was kind of hoping Darkseid would be introduced in a MoS sequel; this way, we make Darkseid more of a personal villain for Superman. ( I would LOVE to see a big screen adaptation of the "Legacy" storyline from the animated series)

So, like I said, I'm, conflicted. I think he should be introduced in a Superman movie and then unleash total chaos in an eventual Justice League movie sequel.

I am not even surprised that they would do Darkseid as the first villain. But seems like a very poor decision to go with their biggest threat first but they are desperate to make sure this movie makes bank.

My only nitpick is that Darkseid might be too early. Unless he's the guy scheming in the background and letting his forces trash earth. But then it might really look like a rip-off. If he's indeed the villain, I wonder how they will pull him off, without it looking like a copy & paste job of Avengers to the general audience.

They have plenty of opportunity to define Darkseid from Marvel's CGI California Raisin.

1. Thanos is CGI so bring Darkseid to life with an actor in prosthetics as was done with Hellboy.

2. Thanos is just one character. Darkseid has two sons named Kalibak and Orion which at least one could play a role in the film.

3. Darkseid rules a machine planet like the Death Star.

4. Darkseid was transformed by the Omega Force; turning his flesh to stone.

Cosmic_Odyssey_3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"