Justice League Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Or you know, let them see that in the film itself. Considering not everyone who saw Avengers saw the other 5 MCU films.

Yep

My parents saw the Avengers before they saw any of the solo movies with the exception of Ironman. The Justice don't need lead in movies. They just need to establish all the characters in the first act and create the circumstances for them to meet.

Last edited:
Darkseid would be awesome. I don't know much about the character so to see him in a movie would be different :) no complaints. Hopefully this source is right!

1) it's too early for Darkseid; if we open with him, who're they gonna use in the sequels?

It is possible that they could go even bigger in a sequel. If the majority of the first JL movie is set on Earth, then the sequel can move into outer space, it can involve the New Gods, New Genesis, Apokolips, and also the Green Lantern Corps, Sinestro, the Guardians, the Monitor etc. There's a lot to work with. Just like in the comics. It could expand on Darkseid or it could move away from him and go in another direction.

Okay now that ive managed to calm down Ive decided to look at this issue objectively.Especially since a friend with contacts in WBsays this rumour has a good deal of merit

First off we dont know for sure that Thanos will be the main villain of Avengers 2,there are rumours we cld be getting Masters of evil or Squadron Supreme instead with Thanos behind the scenes.The rumours also say we get Thanos in avengers 3 instead.If this is true then WB is free to use Darkseid with no copycat accusations.In fact it wld mean that by using Darkseid theyd be ************ Marvel from using Thanos

But the far more likely thing is that we are getting Thanos as the main villain in Avengers 2 especially when we consider Guardians of the Galaxy.Also hearing about WB using Darkseid is bound to make Marvel more determined than ever to utilize thanos before JL and most likely in a way that will further cockblock WB.So Justice league cld face the copycat accusations.

Solution-WB shld have a plan B.I suggest Hyperclan or Appelexians-they are great JL villains for an origin.Also using Hyperclan cockblocks Marvel from using a Supervillain team or shapeshifting aliens(skrulls) from the avengers movies-at least for a while.

If Marvel is not going with Thanos they are free and probably should use Darkseid. If they are going with Thanos they shld go with Hyperclan.

And if they are going with Darkseid I suggest a 3 hour movie fto give him justice.

Last edited:
Marvel will use Thanos. It's logical.

Why tease a villain you aren't planning to use next?

I hope WB doesn't go the typical Hollywood route and kill Darkseid off at the end of the movie. Darkseid is to important a character to just kill off. Darkseid should be the final villain of the Justice League franchise.

But the far more likely thing is that we are getting Thanos as the main villain in Avengers 2 especially when we consider Guardians of the Galaxy.Also hearing about WB using Darkseid is bound to make Marvel more determined than ever to utilize thanos before JL and most likely in a way that will further cockblock WB.So Justice league cld face the copycat accusations.

Solution-WB shld have a plan B.I suggest Hyperclan or Appelexians-they are great JL villains for an origin.Also using Hyperclan cockblocks Marvel from using a Supervillain team or shapeshifting aliens(skrulls) from the avengers movies-at least for a while.

If Marvel is not going with Thanos they are free and probably should use Darkseid. If they are going with Thanos they shld go with Hyperclan.

Is all this ************ necessary. I am worried if Darkseid and Thanos are too similar too but if they are used differently and the movies are different from each other then it shouldn't be a problem. The fact of the matter is is that it looks like we are getting two big superhero teamup movies in the same year (2015). That in itself is enough for cries of "Copycat!". Avengers has the advantage of having a huge hit already and now JL is on the back foot because they're starting out and now we hearing about Darkseid. There have always been similarities between Marvel and DC. But I am trusting that there will be something different in the JL movie, even though essentially they are both superhero teamup movies. There's no escaping that. And is an alien invasion the only plotline for a teamup movie though? That's what I am counting on, that JL offers something more than that.

Last edited:
I just hope at some point we see Darkseid in a MoS sequel. I really want him to have that personal conflict with Superman that we saw in the Animated Series.

I'd love to see Secret Origins from the DCAU used as the template for JL

My problem is that Darkseid may be too big for a first film. Remember that this isn't The Avengers where all these guys (save Hawkeye, who we had at least seen) were already developed prior to getting together. In Justice League, we will have a Superman that has had one film, a new Batman, probably a new Green Lantern, and then some new heroes. And then we have Darkseid on top of that. I'm not saying it can't be done, but if it isn't done perfectly it could end up being a major trainwreck.

Is everybody really gonna start this ****?? Saying that they're copying Avengers and Thanos with Darkseid?? Give me a break. This script was being written before the Thanos reveal back in May. And most importantly, Thanos is a Darkseid rip-off, not the other way around.

Exactly! Thanos is weak sauce compared to the mighty Lord Darkseid!

My problem is that Darkseid may be too big for a first film. Remember that this isn't The Avengers where all these guys (save Hawkeye, who we had at least seen) were already developed prior to getting together. In Justice League, we will have a Superman that has had one film, a new Batman, probably a new Green Lantern, and then some new heroes. And then we have Darkseid on top of that. I'm not saying it can't be done, but if it isn't done perfectly it could end up being a major trainwreck.

They have to be developed enough within the context of their place in the story. Full backstories and whatnot could be spin-offs. Captain America and Thor's DVDs shot back up to the top of the charts after Avengers. People who didn't see the previous movies were willing to go back after. So it could only help the numbers for "Justice League Origins: The Flash" or whatever to release it after.

I thought the Justice League cartoon and even the new 52 comic, did a good job of bringing all the heroes together during a crisis, without giving any of them an extensive backstory. Heck, in the 52 comic Hal and Barry were already friends, who occasionally helped each other out, while no-one knew for sure if Batman was real and whether or not he had powers.

Chances are we'll be getting Superman, Batman (Bruce Wayne probs), Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry Allen) and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) versus Darkseid.

That sounds pretty epic to me.

A lot more appealing than Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Nick Fury's multiple SHIELD agents and assassins versus Loki..Thor's jealous little brother.

And it damn sure sounds more appealing than Thanos. It's less crowded and more powerful i think.

Exactly! Thanos is weak sauce compared to the mighty Lord Darkseid!

Your 100% right but to the uninitiated GA they'll be view a as being extremely similar.

I thought the Justice League cartoon and even the new 52 comic, did a good job of bringing all the heroes together during a crisis, without giving any of them an extensive backstory. Heck, in the 52 comic Hal and Barry were already friends, who occasionally helped each other out, while no-one knew for sure if Batman was real and whether or not he had powers.

Not completely true. They established a lot of other Justice League character before they actualy made the show. Flash, Green Lantern(Kyle Rayner), and Aquaman all had cameos in Superman: The Animated Series. Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter where the only ones not to have a cameo. That's why there origins where the only ones to be handled in the Justice League episode Secret Origins.

Flash
[YT]39LgwPgICas[/YT]

Green Lantern
[YT]oto4vGn6tdg[/YT]

Aquaman
[YT]vr-LanXfgzI[/YT]

Last edited:
Not completely true. They established a lot of other Justice League character before they actualy made the show. Flash, Green Lantern(Kyle Rayner), and Aquaman all had cameos in Superman: The Animated Series. Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter where the only ones not to have a cameo. That's why there origins where the only ones to be handled in the Justice League episode Secret Origins.

Yeah, they appeared in Superman's cartoon before, but the way the cartoon was made, you didn't even have to watch any of Superman's Episodes. You could come in fresh, not knowing any of the characters and it would still have been a great introduction.

Also, of the 3 clips you showed only 1 is any relevant. Aquaman wasn't part of the JL until the JLU seasons started. Flash didn't really have much development if at all, he was racing Superman for charity and both took down one of his villains. Only the Green Lantern episode explored a bit what the Green Lantern Corpse was and where his ring came from. But then when the Justice League cartoon hit, we didn't even get Kyle, but John instead.

Yeah, they appeared in Superman's cartoon before, but the way the cartoon was made, you didn't even have to watch any of Superman's Episodes. You could come in fresh, not knowing any of the characters and it would still have been a great introduction.

Also, of the 3 clips you showed only 1 is any relevant. Aquaman wasn't part of the JL until the JLU seasons started. Flash didn't really have much development if at all, he was racing Superman for charity and both took down one of his villains. Only the Green Lantern episode explored a bit what the Green Lantern Corpse was and where his ring came from. But then when the Justice League cartoon hit, we didn't even get Kyle, but John instead.

The way that most of them where introduced in Superman: The Animated Series was akin to how Hawkeye and Black Widow where introduced in Thor and IM2. They mildly introduced the characters as pre-established heroes. It was done purely to established them within Superman's Universe.

Last edited:
The JL cartoon is not a good example. You don't need lead-ups when doing a JL cartoon because a cartoon will get multiple seasons each with multiple story arcs with multiple episodes so even if you don't fully develop your 7 characters in the first episode/story arc, that's not that big of a problem. That won't work so easily in a JL live-action film that has to stand on its own.

Just one suggestion...

If WB is planning on using Darkseid then they have to get it right. First things first, sign Michael Ironside!

Is everybody really gonna start this ****?? Saying that they're copying Avengers and Thanos with Darkseid?? Give me a break. This script was being written before the Thanos reveal back in May. And most importantly, Thanos is a Darkseid rip-off, not the other way around.

It's about perception dude. Doesn't matter if WB was first with a similar villain, Marvel have got the leg up by a) teasing Thanos, b) having their film released first. WB needs to hold off for a year.

We don't even know if Thanos is going to be in Avengers 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"