Jessica Jones David Tennant IS... the Purple Man

[BLACKOUT]Should've turned purple. Shouldn't have died.
[/BLACKOUT]
That being said, I wanted him dead so badly. LOL! Great actor. Great villain.

I like him more than Heath Ledger's Joker. More creepy and evil.

What fantastic casting from Marvel.

I like him more than Heath Ledger's Joker. More creepy and evil.

What fantastic casting from Marvel.

Definitely more evil. Joker set out to create chaos with a purpose, Kilgrave didn't give a ****. He's just entitled.

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?" :funny:

I can't even imagine lol. This was hilarious :woot::gngl:

Yeah Fisk was a lot more sympathetic, and I think that made Kilgrave a better villain. Most villains these days have to have some sympathy about them apparently.

Also maybe just me but Kilgrave was pretty hilarious at times as well.

I found him hilarious too, so not just you :D

Anyone actually feel bad for Kilgrave? I did.

I never thought anyone can top Wilson Fisk.

Love David Tennant's Kilgrave, best MCU villain yet.

I felt bad for the young kid too. But no sympathy for him overall. Like Within Temptation put it: "The world may have failed you, that doesn't give you a reason" lol :D

The fact that he's using his Doctor accent as well is pretty creepy.

I KNOW RIGHT? I WANTED TO PUNCH HIM AND KISS HIM AT THE SAME FRUSTRATING TIME UGH :csad::gngl: (Also, I see Rose Tyler x Kilgrave angst and smut fanfictions flooding the DW fandom soon.)

Loved loved loved David Tennant's performance. He was a nearly perfect sadistic trickster.

Minor spoilers follow.

Something I adored about Killgrave was how they played football with the usual sympathy cards. Like real life psychopaths he has a disjointed view of reality investing facts he knows to be incorrect (often things he makes up) with conviction. His abuse turns out to have been medical procedures needed to keep him alive, and then he cries about being left along to beg when anyone with half a brain knows that would be no problem at all with his powers. Rather than being a tragic victim of an unjust world he's Eric Cartman invested with enough power to get his way. Even all his trying to finesse Jessica is rendered irrelevant once we find out that using his powers of control were no longer an option. At the same time he is so brilliant and charming that it's hard not to root for him on some lower level.

Out of all the villains in the MCU, he's the one I wanted to be brought down the most. He's just absolutely revolting, and with David Tennant playing him he's unbelievably entertaining. I love that he's completely bad and sees absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever, but what he does makes me so sick that I want Jessica to crush his face with her boot. An overall awesome job with this villain.

That's interesting. (note: as of now I still have 3 episodes to finish)

That's my favourite part of Killgrave. He's not evil. He doesn't have a master plan. He's not seeking out to be bad, or do bad things. He just does whatever he wants, and feels no remorse about anything.

Being a sociopath must be quite freeing.

That's interesting. (note: as of now I still have 3 episodes to finish)

That's my favourite part of Killgrave. He's not evil. He doesn't have a master plan. He's not seeking out to be bad, or do bad things. He just does whatever he wants, and feels no remorse about anything.

Being a sociopath must be quite freeing.

He is the ultimate spoiled kid.
He got the powers at a very young age and then was "abandoned" by his parents. He just think that he can take anything he wants and punish those who upset him as he has not had any discipline or consequences for his actions.

Best part of the show. I hated how Jessica was immune though, even after his enhancement. I don't like how a Marvel always makes the villain inferior to the hero. The show was SO tense when she was afraid of Killgrave, when she had total power over him the last 4 episodes, it felt like tense

Kudos to Marvel/Netflix for another brilliant villain performance. First D'Onofrio and now Tennant, but this time around Kilgrave was actually a legitimately dangerous and imposing villain, as opposed to Fisk who was a bit lacking in the danger department. Tennant's also nailed the creep factor down.

This man is up there with the top MCU villains.

First D'Onofrio and now Tennant, but this time around Kilgrave was actually a legitimately dangerous and imposing villain, as opposed to Fisk who was a bit lacking in the danger department.

Say what? Two words. Car door.

That doesn't suddenly make Fist a lacking villain though. He didn't have mind control, but still controlled half the Police Precinct and anyone in an important position, got rid of anyone standing in the way of his plans, and was a physical beast. Both are legitimately dangerous and imposing villains, but for different reasons.

The scene in the police precinct with how he 'fixed' everything was amazing. It showed just how powerful he is and what he can do even if you are fully aware of whats happening and try to fight him.

Girlfriend and I were just talking about the finale. Not saying I actually think this would happen, but just thinking about how cool it could be.

She broke his neck. Could be that he comes back with a bruised purple neck/lower face/upper chest
50615_ORIG-1.jpg

Bruise_7.jpg

Might make for some epic realism.

Knowing how busy Tennant is and how in demand he would be for other projects, this may be the last we see of Kilgrave. I hope he comes back but we'll see.

He's game for more Kilgrave. However, if you watched the last episode...

Girlfriend and I were just talking about the finale. Not saying I actually think this would happen, but just thinking about how cool it could be.

She broke his neck. Could be that he comes back with a bruised purple neck/lower face/upper chest
50615_ORIG-1.jpg

Bruise_7.jpg

Might make for some epic realism.

I think the kidney problems or injection could of turned him Purple if they wanted to.

He's game for more Kilgrave. However, if you watched the last episode...

I have and I'm also a fan of the comics.
People coming back from the dead isn't a big deal in the MCU either.

What annoys me even more about the whole no purple skin deal, is that there was an actual person who lived and had a skin condition, that made him look blue/purple..ish.

5TTRwSI.jpg

So we have this real life example, but for a TV show with people that have super powers, having a guy run around with purple skin is apparently too out there.

I honestly don't think it was that big of a deal that he wasn't purple.

I wished he was purple face wise but I'm hoping his ending doesn't prevent a return. Healing from that is actually one of his powers.

When Jessica learned she was immune, I actually thought it made him more dangerous. Now even more he needs to get inside her head the old fashioned way. Even without her controlling him, she was still powerless for a little. Even in the end we see that the damage is still done.

What annoys me even more about the whole no purple skin deal, is that there was an actual person who lived and had a skin condition, that made him look blue/purple..ish.

5TTRwSI.jpg

So we have this real life example, but for a TV show with people that have super powers, having a guy run around with purple skin is apparently too out there.

It could have been done, but I think it was important that he looked like a normal guy. It meant he could hide amongst the general public without attracting any attention. Every time someone new met Kilgrave they'd have to deal with the "why are you purple?" question which would have gotten boring fast. I was hoping he'd go full purple in the final episode though.

I think the kidney problems or injection could of turned him Purple if they wanted to.

True. I just think the bruised purple look would be a really cool explanation that is creepy, weird, and interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"