DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 7: “Invasion”

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by Blitzkrieg, Nov 16, 2016.

?

Rate the Episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MOVIELORD101 Utter Smeghead

Oh. I thought he got bounced back to 2016.

2. zenith16 Registered

I was here to say it cause I was at work but it's the big show down and ther other wtiter of the other shows are on guggeheim back playing back seat driver so there now way it'll be screwed up if it was just him then I'd panic. it went down fine

the dominator's got into his brain with their psionic powers and that freaked him out toward aliens when he didn't have an issue prior even with kara.

3. zenith16 Registered

yeah....

4. zenith16 Registered

I know lol . I know i can see the tv channel head of marvel tv saying say what? ohhhhh I Smell law suit. lol they won't do much . but I be they are hoping they could.

5. zenith16 Registered

yep well played with both and cisco realising he's no better traveling through time then gain it's time that get that time ship a ways from all of them . after they are done with darhk , eobard and malcom keep that ship away from them all and lock bary from time travel unless it absolutly necessary.

that's a good idea

6. zenith16 Registered

yeah I don't see how Barry saving his mom effected the 1950's . come on. she's fixed point from the time she died not before it. screw you presidential advisor. Have fun in Antarctica.

7. just one thing Registered

bar stiens story most of the legends took a back seat in this.

The message from flash in the future
    Was addressed to captain hunter did it refer to this event? The presumption appears to be that it did and if it did should questions be asked about aberrations given that hunter wasn't there. And if it didn't is there a 'war' coming where the legends shouldn't trust anyone including the flash?

8. flickchick85 Admin of Might

So I don't watch this show (I've tried it a few times, just not my thing), but based on this crossover, I would TOTALLY be down for some Legends/Supergirl crossover eps, because their interactions were my favorite. Especially after reading about the stuff that got cut, they need more time together, imo.

9. Thome216 Registered

I enjoyed this overall. My fave parts were 1 and 2, and 3 was doing good until the point where a sleepy dart from the 50s somehow stops Steel from transfiguring and keeps Vixen from touching her totem... Oh, and the point where defeating one bomb drives the Dominators away.

The reason for the invasion should have centered on that Dominator they caught and released in the 50s. He could have risen to power since then and been the main reason why they came back. But oh well...

The best parts were seeing the shows crossing over, Kara meeting and working with the other teams, Felicity and Cisco nerding it up on the Waverider, that was all fun. I would hope though that they would change the format from episodic to TV movie.

Stargate was doing that near the end of their run and those were some of the best stories told, especially without the episode-style constraints.

The best part though was at the end, with Kara being given the mini-gate device and the group hug. That was great.

Although now I'm wondering what the plot of Supergirl Lives will be..? with that title, I was wondering if she was going to be 'killed' in this crossover only to make a comeback on SGs mid-season premier.

And seeing as I never read the comic, how were the Dominators defeated in the original comic?

10. Charlatan Registered

I haven't been following this show. It felt like amateur writing and I didn't care about any of the characters bu I thought the crossover might entice me to catch up with it.

then I see Oliver's explanation for leaving Kara behind and I'm like "who writes this crap?"
    Seriously I could have done better in the 6th grade. Basically OLiver tells her that he's a pretentious &^*hole and doesn't want to be upstaged. Or "reasons" to work in a plot device delegated to some intern? Surely no one got paid for that.

I would have said "they have mind control and we can't fight you and them"

Done ,simple and believable.

*sigh*

11. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Highlight for me

[​IMG]

12. Slade W Registered

Oliver is very self-aware. He knew that if they brought Kara, the scene with the government agents would not have been as intense, and they couldn't have had an exciting fight scene if Kara was there, as she is too powerful. Oliver wouldn't be as popular if he did not have badass fight scenes, and he did not want Kara to ruin that. He also knew that he could get in trouble later on, and by saying what he did, Kara would want to prove him wrong by saving him when he was in trouble.

13. Slade W Registered

I am glad they got the Routh Superman reference in.

14. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
    Seeing everyone come together and fight the dominators was probably the highlight of the episode for me.

15. britmotley Registered

Yep the world is in danger and Arrow has a ego tantrum - Pathetic
    Seemed like just an excuse to save money on the Supergirl special XF
    The aliens couldn't have been that dangerous,they were getting punched out and shot down by Diggle and Heatwave - Dear oh Dear
    Let's not forget Thea/Speedy was up to fight the invasion,and then was mysteriously dropped off at home by the Waverider

16. zenith16 Registered

that's terrable they threw thea out, the heck.

ah well .

17. Paradox1 Registered

This is probably my favorite episode of LOT for sure. I can't think of an episode of this show that I like more.

18. Ioini League of Assassin Member

I know right? Wondered where the hell she was, I guess it was budget cuts.

Regardless, I love these annual crossover events! The rooftop scene was definitely hype!

#68 Ioini, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  19. zenith16 Registered

she use's arrow's and they aren't all overly tricked out with laser energy bladed pointed arrow heads or explosives all the time, even her main star brother showed that in this episode. There shouldn't be budget cuts lol .

20. Charlatan Registered

The finale had a couple of good moments. It wasn't all bad. The outline was mostly solid, the dialog was lacking in a lot of spots. Very cliche' ,if you're going to be that cliche' then own it and be full tongue-in-cheek. I thought where it really soared was all the Superfriends stuff. And the cheesy bits were extra cheese (a good thing) when Barry was backed up by the team or Firestorm was inspired by the whole father-daughter thing. Also the Supergirl telling the bad guy he was going to Antarctica was funny.
    That's where you need to be with this show. They're close. The writers need to watch Gotham. Build an entire alt-reality ground up. And for Pete's sake go to an alt Earth where we have the JLA with Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog.

/jmho

21. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I enjoyed it. Though, I thought it would've been cool to have all hands on deck with this one.

The Ollie and Kara stuff made no sense to me. And I'm glad this Cisco nonsense is over... for now.

Nice future Barry's message was so vague, I'm still not sure if it was referring to the Invasion events.

I was totally expecting this joke to go the other way around.

Also, do people think Kara and Felicity look alike? It never crossed my mind until her mirror line.

22. Paradox1 Registered

I thought the mirror line was about Kara and Ray.

23. herolee10 No More Miracles

IF this crossover has taught me anything...it's that please...for the LOVE OF GOD...please do not let Felicity and Cisco have any more scenes with each other. My lord, they are so annoying together.

Also, a part of me feels like we'll probably never see Tyler's Superman show up on any episode with BR, mainly because the producers would probably feel that it could be awkward to have those BR with another actor that's currently playing Superman.

24. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I'm pretty sure she was referring to herself and Kara since they're both blonde women who wear glasses.

25. Paradox1 Registered

That doesn't make sense considering the joke at the end about her looking like his cousin.