Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by SPIDERMAN117, Jul 21, 2012.
So... Now that this movie is out, what rumors were true, and weren't?
I remember reading that Fox and John Blake would die, which obviously didn't happen.
And of course, Talia ended up becoming a reality, which seems to have really divided the fans...
Guess it depends on POV on some...
Liam Neeson [BLACKOUT]was indeed back as Ra's in both flashbacks and a hallucination. [/BLACKOUT]
Miranda Tate [BLACKOUT]was Talia[/BLACKOUT]
Bane did [BLACKOUT]break the bat, even said "I will break you" before. It wasn't a true spine-snap, rather a budging vertebrata, but it left Bruce immobile in immense pain. [/BLACKOUT]
JGL's John Blake [BLACKOUT]was not Robin-robin, but was an homage of said characters whose legal name (dunno first/last) was Robin - and he was given the batcave in the end.[/BLACKOUT]
Batman [BLACKOUT]died, but Bruce didn't.[/BLACKOUT]
Most of the details given to Devin Faraci were true...his speculation or guesses were off a little bit more.
I, myself, was half expecting the Lazarus Pit to show up ever since Liam Nesson and Josh Pence joined the cast. Glad to be wrong.
flying off with the bomb and 'dying'
... I knew this forever ago and never thought it was true or serious, in fact I thought people were joking since obviously that's what Adam West's Batman does in the popular gif image. I thought it was a gag. But it turned out to be true.
i thought the prison was the lazarus pit
There were some little things that I were rumored at the time that didn't come to pass.
- I heard something about there being an explosion at the hospital, but that didn't come to pass.
- Alfred was also rumored to have been admitted, but it turns out it was just Gordon
- Wasn't one of the first scenes filmed post-India supposed to take place at a police station, where one character was being interrogated, followed by a subsequent escape/chase?
- I heard someone mention a SWAT team breaking into Wayne Manor; and it possibly leading into the previous rumor above?
- The speculation of Bane being injured in a fire.
- Some speculation Bruce was in the box suite at the Rogues game, or at least at the game.
- The notion Bruce would unmask or be unmasked at some point in the film.
- The notion that the black tumbler could possibly re-appear, thanks to a spy pic.
- One of the supporting characters (Alfred, Fox, Blake) getting killed at some point.
- Catwoman eventually upgrading to a cat-cowl.
- The fusion bomb actually being an Earthquake Machine.
- Selina's stripper background.
- The identity of the 5 people Dent killed being revealed.
- Crane appearing in the courtroom scene in Scarecrow gear.
This is all I can recall, but these are all the rumors I remember that didn't come to fruition.
The character went by his middle name of John; his first name was [BLACKOUT]Robin[/BLACKOUT], which, along with the general role he played in the film, was a homage to the mantle of Robin and the various characters to have used that identity in the comics.
we never get to see bane's face
A few I remember reading as true or rumored:
- Bane seriously injuring Gordon which is why from the teaser he looked really wrecked and of course now we know that [blackout]Bane hardly even touched him but Gordon was shot in the leg.[/blackout]
- Miranda killing Lucius Fox (didn't happen)
- Alfred dying (didn't happen)
- all the released inmates ransacking Wayne Manor (didn't happen)
- Batman getting his back broken earlier in the movie (didn't happen until later)
- Lazarus Pit (didn't happen)
We see his face, pre-injuries
I read a while back that JGL's character was related to Falcony. Which isn't true.
I didn't think that would be the case, but in seeing this movie I'm kinda' not surprised because what I was worried about in general is pretty evident, even though I didn't think it was a bad movie. It was at least tastefully done altogether.
Some things I and maybe some others thought before they were actually rumors were:
That Batman dies but secretly survives as Bruce Wayne
That there would be a memorial-type speech at the beginning and end of the movie by Gordon.
There would be a memorial statue of Batman.
That he'd have a 'Bat-Plane'
The eight years being retired/inactive.
And maybe a few other minor ones.
The [BLACKOUT]statue was a bit of a disappointment because I had imagined one being more 'majestic', like a bigger, mythical bronze one outside of city hall representing the city's savior, instead of a more life-sized one inside that wasn't featured as majorly.[/BLACKOUT] Maybe even [BLACKOUT]one on a horse like e image from the DKR comic.[/BLACKOUT]
Yes we do.
We also had:
The spoilers that there would be a cafe scene in the finale, and that Robin was John's real name
Of course, we didn't believe that originally.
no i meant that guy was writing a list of false rumors and i was adding one to it
I heard about a Catwoman vs [blackout] Talia [/blackout] fight
This is one that I thought during the moment that John Blake says to Bruce that "we've met before" I immediately was thinking that he was going to reveal himself as the kid from the Narrows in Batman Begins.
Yeah, this was when he was first cast. People thought he was going to be Alberto Falcone.
I thought Blake was going to be revealed as the kid from the Narrows, too. I was expecting a quick flashback to that moment.
I thought that too at first.
Gotham getting blown to bits.
Gotham finding out about Bruce being Batman.
No kidding! I'm glad he wasn't, though....and then they'd probably go into Rachel too.
I don't think you were wrong. It just wasn't as the Lazarus Pit is in the comics. There was definitely a pit, from which some people have risen and become immortal after a fashion.