Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html

www.nytimes.comnytimes.com
Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
By Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey|Oct. 5th, 2017

Two decades ago, the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein invited Ashley Judd to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for what the young actress expected to be a business breakfast meeting. Instead, he had her sent up to his room, where he appeared in a bathrobe and asked if he could give her a massage or she could watch him shower, she recalled in an interview.

“How do I get out of the room as fast as possible without alienating Harvey Weinstein?” Ms. Judd said she remembers thinking.

Well a lot the time rape isn't so much about sexuality, it's about having power over someone and dominating them.

I see a documentary about how rape and sexual violence is used against rival gangs by seemingly straight men. So a guy doesn't have to be gay to rape or sexually assault another man. I wonder how many well known male actors have been victim to these powerful "straight" execs like Weinstein.

There probably are a handful of female C-level staff that have done the same to males or females but as mentioned there are so few it's probably not even justified to attempt to find them.

There probably are a handful of female C-level staff that have done the same to males or females but as mentioned there are so few it's probably not even justified to attempt to find them.

This.

Also, that #metoo hashtag is pretty telling. Both and men and women who have been posting their stories were harassed/assaulted by men.

That's not to say that all men are bad, not at all. But, ask any woman if she feels safer walking at night towards a group of women or men and you'll see why there is a problem in our society.

Then there are women like Mayim Bialik, who pat themselves on the back for not being a stereotypical Hollywood starlet and avoiding being harassed or assaulted, as well as dressing modestly. Thanks, Mayim, for not getting it at all.

Last edited:
That's not to say that all men are bad, not at all. But, ask any woman if she feels safer walking at night towards a group of women or men and you'll see why there is a problem in our society.

I'm a man and I would feel more comfortable walking towards a group of women, because they're less likely to beat the **** out of me. I get your point, but I don't think that is indicative of a problem in society. It's just a fact of life that men tend to do crime more than women. There's no campaign to reduce male crime, it's just something that exists because of biological, societal and historical factors.

Well, it also depends on how rough the crowd of girls looks. Some of them are straight nuts. Here in the Chicago area there have been instances of groups of chicks actually attacking people and jacking them.

Then there are women like Mayim Bialik, who pat themselves on the back for not being a stereotypical Hollywood starlet and avoiding being harassed or assaulted, as well as dressing modestly. Thanks, Mayim, for not getting it at all.

I didn't read what she said, but I took it more as "I'm not as attractive as other Hollywood women so I wasn't harassed." Think Whoopi Goldberg said something similar.

Well, it also depends on how rough the crowd of girls looks. Some of them are straight nuts.

Sure. You can usually eyeball how people will act. In general I try to avoid any group if I'm alone.

I didn't read what she said, but I took it more as "I'm not as attractive as other Hollywood women so I wasn't harassed." Think Whoopi Goldberg said something similar.

She made comments about how she reserves her sexual self for only private situations and how she doesn't flirt with men. Plus, there's this quote:

As a proud feminist with little desire to diet, get plastic surgery or hire a personal trainer, I have almost no personal experience with men asking me to meetings in their hotel rooms.

It was just poorly worded and in horrible taste.

If you read the whole thing, along with her initial response, you could have sworn it was something that Lena Dunham wrote. It is that devoid of common sense and reality, leading to victim blaming, while explaining how she was smart enough and "not pretty enough" to avoid such things. And then she of course blamed everyone else for "taking it the wrong way" in her first response. Now she has had to backtrack again.

It really does come off as the ugly sardonic girls hating on the pretty more popular girls.

I just want to point out real quick that the link from the last page regarding RDJ outing pedophilia rings is straight up ********. That expose is sourced from a blind-item that many folks allege is RDJ due to the list of connections at the tail end of that, but he has never gone on the record about anything.

Well, this looks another fine mess them Weinstein boys have gotten into. :o

Well, this looks another fine mess them Weinstein boys have gotten into. :o

he-kicked-me-right-in-the-middle-of-my-daily-duties.gif

Scott Rosenberg has written a piece pretty much saying everyone who wasn't a victim, including himself, is full of BS.

Should Ben be placed in the same light as Weinstein or to whatever allegedly happen in Casey's case?

Give Casey another 20 years and I'm sure he'll rack up quite the list himself.

Should Ben be placed in the same light as Weinstein or to whatever allegedly happen in Casey's case?
It sounds like clearly intentional sexual assault from Ben on at least two occasions from what I read. So, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"