Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy that Faraci seems to be on a path to recovery and hopefully becoming a better person. Being able to write reviews will be extremely helpful to his cause. I've always enjoyed his writing whether I agreed with him or not.

Gold Harvey Weinstein Casting Couch Appears Near Oscars Venue

DXOZAuIUMAAsiCq.jpg

I'm calling it, queens from West Hollywood taking pictures of themselves kneeling in front of that thing is going be become a meme pretty soon.

I'm happy that Faraci seems to be on a path to recovery and hopefully becoming a better person. Being able to write reviews will be extremely helpful to his cause. I've always enjoyed his writing whether I agreed with him or not.

he's a scumbag and overall garbage human

and I felt that way even before the allegations

people like him never change, they just act sorry when they got called out

he's a scumbag and overall garbage human

and I felt that way even before the allegations

people like him never change, they just act sorry when they got called out

He liked to stir the pot and troll. Clearly he was effective.

I don't think it makes him irredeemable.

Ryan Seacrest is innocent.

I have no idea what the hell you're referring to so you will absolutely not get any sort of apology from me. Especially with your snarky response. Yeesh.

:whatever:

Uh okay? Again, I have no idea what you're referring to.

Terry Gilliam is not a fan of the #Metoo movement.

In a an interview with AFP on Friday, the filmmaker, a member of the comedy group Monty Python, specifically went after Harvey Weinstein’s alleged victims, and said, “Harvey opened the door for a few people, a night with Harvey — that’s the price you pay.”

“It is a world of victims. I think some people did very well out of meeting with Harvey and others didn’t,” he added. “The ones who did, knew what they were doing. These are adults; we are talking about adults with a lot of ambition.” Gilliam also claimed that some of the women didn’t actually suffer, but used Weinstein to further their careers, and that he knew women who walked out of meetings with the mogul before getting sexually abused.

I believe it was Gennifer Hutchison (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul writer) that said on Twitter that Gilliam frequently cries out about being the victim of an unjust system... but then, when it's women complaining about harassment/rape, well that's just the cost of doing business.

I'm not having it.

Even if some women did willingly accept Harvey Weinstein's advances for opportunities it still doesn't make it right. You can't ethically or morally defend people in power leveraging sex for job opportunities.

It's always gonna be a case of generation gap with some. Back in the day that is just how business was done, and the women dealt with it.

So Dax Sheppard replaced Danny Masterson in the Netflix series "The Ranch." Wasn't scientology supposed to protect Masterson from this stuff?

Even if some women did willingly accept Harvey Weinstein's advances for opportunities it still doesn't make it right. You can't ethically or morally defend people in power leveraging sex for job opportunities.

Exactly. Just because some women (and men) have been willing to sleep their way to a better acting career doesn't mean it should've been made part of the job description.

I have a feeling Terry Gilliam, and others who have also dissed the #metoo movement, were the beneficiaries of Hollywood's sexist, predatory climate in the past and don't like that they're losing their grip on power.

So Dax Sheppard replaced Danny Masterson in the Netflix series "The Ranch." Wasn't scientology supposed to protect Masterson from this stuff?

Scientology has also been losing its power, which is a very good thing.

Yeah, once the exposes started coming out, their power base started to shrink.

Exactly. Just because some women (and men) have been willing to sleep their way to a better acting career doesn't mean it should've been made part of the job description.

I have a feeling Terry Gilliam, and others who have also dissed the #metoo movement, were the beneficiaries of Hollywood's sexist, predatory climate in the past and don't like that they're losing their grip on power.

Scientology has also been losing its power, which is a very good thing.
Coercion is still coercion no matter how some people might rephrase it. While it might not be rape it is not exactly consensual either and should not be tolerated as "the price of doing business" for anyone. Disappointing that Gilliam would say such things but then his generation certainly does not see things like younger ones do.

Last edited:
Cate Blanchett on the Woody Allen case: "If these allegations need to be re examined, that in my understanding they've been through court, then I'm wholeheartedly in the support of that. Social media's fantastic about raising awareness about issues but it's not the judge in jury"

Dan Schneider finally going down. There have been rumors about him for years. One of the wildest one of them rumors is him being the baby daddy of Jamie Lynn Spears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"