Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that Louis CK had some material about murdering and having sex with children? I might be remembering wrong though.

And yes, I know, Louis isn't exactly a shining beacon of light in a conversation like this, but these jokes had nothing to do with his career going bye-bye.

“I was a different person back then” isn’t an excuse. People DO have more experience, educate themselves and see things from others’ perspective as they age; that’s how we grow. I think some jokes quoted are the result of the culture people his age grew up in (that culture was still relevant up until about 5 years ago); rape culture doesn’t care about how traumatic and serious the experience is to victims, so back then joking about rape and sexual abuse was still somewhat normal.

The fact that James Gunn likes to jerk off to children means he’s a creep, but that does NOT mean he’s a pedo. As much as I want him to stay away from children forever, people’s sexual fantasy is their right, as long as he doesn’t assist/ support actual pedos or goes “I can jerk off to children only it’s my mental illness” and grooms actual children.

That being said Gunn has always been on my problematic list. Just last year after GotG 2 a man tweeted to him that he was going stalk a woman who criticized the movie or whatever, Gunn tweeted back wholeheartedly agree, then after someone called him out he agressively told them to get over it because it was just a joke. Joking about stalking women is part of rape culture too, and he should have got rid of it in 2017.

And as I said, even if he likes to jerk off to children, I don’t think it’s wrong, because people have the right to have their own sexual fantasies. But based on those tweets, I just won’t, say, let my brother audition for his movies though.

Please stop talking.

In light of what happened, I'd like to explain myself and resolve this before this reaches page 41 and turns into a new thread, in case in 10 years my employer(s) can check my posts, not only on social media, but also on forums. Also as I've been requested to stop talking, I removed the post ID and the poster's username so this post won't pop up in said poster's inbox.

It's not wrong to think of children in a sexual setting. It is creepy, and it is certainly not normal, but it isn't wrong. People who actually molest children deserve to rot in jail. People who TALK about molesting children have to apologize at the very least. But people who THINK about molesting children don't deserve criticism for THINKING about molesting children. This isn't 1984 (yet), so we don't need the police knocking on people's door for THINKING of something. I've thought of things much worse than child molestation, things that if I actually did it I would be executed. But I didn't do it, I didn't even voice it out. And I don't think I deserve punishment for merely THINKING about it.

It's important to call out ACTUAL actions (and words) with consequences; criticizing people just for thinking of something is absurd, because not everyone can control their thought and feelings. And in my experience, the more not-absolutely-necessary criticism I aim at someone, the more I'm called "Feminazi", "SJW" (I don't even know why "SJW" is an insult but whatever), anti-white, etc.

I love the, “I’m shocked those jokes were made by Janes Gunn.” Has anyone seen anything he made non-Guardians? Tromeo and Juliet anyone?

It’s like being shocked Ice Cube said “F the police” a long time ago cause your only reference point of his is Are We There Yet.
Here is another shocker for you then: Not everyone knows who James Gunn was before Guardians and a lot probably still don't know. :wow:

Yeah, you who know all about James Gunn must be bewildered not everyone knew his history before he became famous.

I knew who he was, I've seen some of his movies but no, most of the general audience and even a big part of the SHH audience did not know he wrote jokes about rape and pedophiles before these tweets came out.

And no, I have never seen Tromeo and Juliet.

Last edited:
It's important to call out ACTUAL actions (and words) with consequences; criticizing people just for thinking of something is absurd, because not everyone can control their thought and feelings. And in my experience, the more not-absolutely-necessary criticism I aim at someone, the more I'm called "Feminazi", "SJW" (I don't even know why "SJW" is an insult but whatever), anti-white, etc.

His... uh... ACTUAL WORDS are being called out... It's absurd to think a tweet is merely a thought. I'm not sure how things are done on Marklar, but...

Last edited:
In light of what happened, I'd like to explain myself and resolve this before this reaches page 41 and turns into a new thread, in case in 10 years my employer(s) can check my posts, not only on social media, but also on forums. Also as I've been requested to stop talking, I removed the post ID and the poster's username so this post won't pop up in said poster's inbox.

It's not wrong to think of children in a sexual setting. It is creepy, and it is certainly not normal, but it isn't wrong. People who actually molest children deserve to rot in jail. People who TALK about molesting children have to apologize at the very least. But people who THINK about molesting children don't deserve criticism for THINKING about molesting children. This isn't 1984 (yet), so we don't need the police knocking on people's door for THINKING of something. I've thought of things much worse than child molestation, things that if I actually did it I would be executed. But I didn't do it, I didn't even voice it out. And I don't think I deserve punishment for merely THINKING about it.

I generally agree here except for when you say a person is not a pedophile for pleasuring themselves to the thought of children. They are. What they aren't is a child molester.

I generally agree here except for when you say a person is not a pedophile for pleasuring themselves to the thought of children. They are. What they aren't is a child molester.

Couldn’t agree more...

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Meanwhile, Johnny Depp takes the stage at Hall H.

It seems strange to me that Diney fire Gunn because he said some stupid and unfunny things 10 years ago. Yet the likes of Johnny Depp and Lasseter have their full support?

Disney have shown themselves to be weak hypocrites. They've folded because of some right wing loony toon conspiracy theorist got outraged. The guy who dug up Gunn's old tweets is a ****ing ******** who shouldn't be listened to. Simple as that really.

If you think Mike Cernovich actually cares about Gunn's tweets on any moral level and not just as a way to get rid of someone he doesn't like, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Cernovich is virtue signaling of the absolute fakest and most cynical politically-motivated sort.

Looks like they’re going after Sarah Silverman for a joke she tweeted in ‘09, she wrote, “is it considered molestation if the child makes the first move”. Since she has a Disney movie coming out, they wanna see her dropped.

Like Depp, I doubt anything will happen.

She has one relatively tame if otherwise bad joke as opposed to the dozens Gunn had so I doubt she'll see the same kind of treatment.

Yeah, Silverman should be fine. It's one thing to tweet out a single tasteless joke, it's another thing to tweet out dozens over several years.

As for Gunn being run off by an alt right troll...I don't care. Gunn's gross and his tweets were really disturbing. That's all I care about.

It seems strange to me that Diney fire Gunn because he said some stupid and unfunny things 10 years ago. Yet the likes of Johnny Depp and Lasseter have their full support?

Disney have shown themselves to be weak hypocrites. They've folded because of some right wing loony toon conspiracy theorist got outraged. The guy who dug up Gunn's old tweets is a ****ing ******** who shouldn't be listened to. Simple as that really.

Agreed. Horn and Iger opened up a can of worms by releasing an independent contractor - not an employee - for stuff said (and apologized for) before he worked for Disney. They should have accepted the apology, made clear that the statements do not reflect the values of The Walt Disney Company, and wait the 48 hours it would take to blow over. The Mouse walked right into a trap.

Silverman's an actual comedian and tasteless jokes are pretty much her forte, so I'd be surprised if anything happens.

As for Gunn being run off by an alt right troll...I don't care. Gunn's gross and his tweets were really disturbing. That's all I care about.

From what I've been seeing around the net the last few days Cernovich (who I never heard of before this thing) has been charged with rape in the past, and has tweeted things just as gross as Gunn. So hopefully he'll get fired too (assuming he has a job).

Cernovich was a real idiot to go exposing Gunn, then. Creepy pervs need to stick together, regardless of political affiliation. It would be amusing if Cernovich's takedown of Gunn ruined his career as well.

Cernovich is like a self employed "alt-right" author/blogger/podcast host who will probably benefit from this event. His nasty tweets were known about, they won't hurt him. If he were a Hollywood director, writer, etc. then different story.

They won't hurt him because only the left holds their own to high moral standards, the right can't even convincingly pretend to care about the moral or ethical caliber of theirs.

They won't hurt him because only the left holds their own to high moral standards, the right can't even convincingly pretend to care about the moral or ethical caliber of theirs.
How about both sides stop weaponizing Twitter and advocating for boycotts to get people fired who they don't like? Gunn was part of the madness by throwing bad tweets at people and also calling for people to be fired for way worse jokes/statements than his own.

How about both sides stop weaponizing Twitter and advocating for boycotts to get people fired who they don't like? Gunn was part of the madness by throwing bad tweets at people and also calling for people to be fired for way worse jokes/statements than his own.
I feel like there is a clear difference between the two sides here. I mean, look at the President.

Agreed. Horn and Iger opened up a can of worms by releasing an independent contractor - not an employee - for stuff said (and apologized for) before he worked for Disney. They should have accepted the apology, made clear that the statements do not reflect the values of The Walt Disney Company, and wait the 48 hours it would take to blow over. The Mouse walked right into a trap.
there is zero procent chance that this would happen. how can you even think this?

I feel like there is a clear difference between the two sides here. I mean, look at the President.
In this situation, it doesn't matter who's the president; it's all whataboutism that some people are using to excuse Gunn's behavior. People need to take their political and/or movie biases away to see Gunn is mainly responsible for his own downfall. He was acting all high and mighty on social media and going on Twitter calling for people's jobs to be taken away when he had some bad skeletons in his own closet that were on the same level (if not worse) as those he was going after. He should have heeded the old adage about laying down with dogs and catching fleas.

It was dumb of him to do that, but I doubt Disney took him off Guardians 3 for that reason. It isn't biased to call for taking Roseanne off when she called a black woman an ape (having been castigated for racist statements before) but then not want Gunn taken off for tweets he posted years ago and already apologized for. The two situations are not the same.

In this situation, it doesn't matter who's the president; it's all whataboutism that some people are using to excuse Gunn's behavior. People need to take their political and/or movie biases away to see Gunn is mainly responsible for his own downfall. He was acting all high and mighty on social media and going on Twitter calling for people's jobs to be taken away when he had some bad skeletons in his own closet that were on the same level (if not worse) as those he was going after. He should have heeded the old adage about laying down with dogs and catching fleas.
Nope, you are practicing whataboutism. What Gunn did was gross, but we have no accusations or any hint that he ever sexually assaulted anyone. He also actually lost his job for what he did. But as gross as it all was, it was ugly attempts at humor. Rosanne has verified herself a racist, as she spent years spewing racist conspiracy theories.

Trump has been accused by many women of sexual assault, including rape, at least one was a child, and he was recorded talking about how he can just grab women because he's rich and famous. We have stories of him walking in to the dressing room of women under the age of 18, while they are naked. The right doesn't care one bit. More people on the left actually care about Clinton, which is exactly why he was basically shamed all over television a couple of months back. Bill Clinton couldn't get elected now.

This is a level of hypocrisy in this situations on both sides. But they are not equivalent. Not close. Trump being the president and Roy Moore almost becoming a senator in Alabama is a very good examples of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back