Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you consent to something while drunk?

Being drunk is a gradient. It doesn't always mean you're on a different planet and not able to make informed decisions.

Besides that, you can't say ALL drunk sex is without consent because that would mean that it's rape even if both parties enjoyed it and have no regrets. That's just weird.

Guilty of drunk sex.

Take me away, Darth. Just don't use charcoal for my fire, I prefer hickory wood.

This whole situation is reps talking to and past each other, that's how it goes.
How does a rep speak for nurses they have no involvement with? For individual nurses that do not work for the rep?

How does a rep speak for nurses they have no involvement with? For individual nurses that do not work for the rep?

The rep works for the nursing company. I'm sure they checked with the nurses and/or their superiors before they made that statement.

How can you consent to something while drunk?

As someone whose been drunk, I can tell you it's possible.

But really, if you're making the blanket statement that any kind of sex performed while drunk is tantamount to an act of rape...well I'm sorry then I guess that makes me a rapist and occasional rape victim in your eyes. Most of the world too, really.

Being drunk is a gradient. It doesn't always mean you're on a different planet and not able to make informed decisions.

Besides that, you can't say ALL drunk sex is without consent because that would mean that it's rape even if both parties enjoyed it and have no regrets. That's just weird.
I am talking about drunk, drunk. Loss of balance, trouble speaking, not entirely coherent. At risk of crashing a car and wouldn't pass a sobriety test. Incapable of remember what happened the next day.

Here is the problem I have with this line of thought. It is an assumption beforehand that the other party, who is drunk, would decide to have sex in that moment if sobriety. The type of sex. How can they enjoy something they can't remember? How does that pass the muster of consent?

Just so we are clear. Are we actually arguing that trying to have sex with someone who is drunk is okay? That it isn't rape? Because the law already tells us it isn't.

Hoping the Stan Lee stuff isn't true, the story seems pretty sketchy right now and it is the Daily Mail, after all...

I am talking about drunk, drunk. Loss of balance, trouble speaking, not entirely coherent. At risk of crashing a car and wouldn't pass a sobriety test. Incapable of remember what happened the next day.

That's the thing, though. There's a huge gap between the first part and the bold part. Most people can perfectly remember what happened during their drunken escapades.

Look, we're all adults here. Two people get it on at a party, one of them or both might regret it later. That's life, and that's a position you put yourself in. If someone knowingly abuses someone (meaning that they're ONLY having sex with them BECAUSE they're drunk, exploiting that), that's wrong.

Here is the problem I have with this line of thought. It is an assumption beforehand that the other party, who is drunk, would decide to have sex in that moment if sobriety. The type of sex. How can they enjoy something they can't remember? How does that pass the muster of consent?

Just so we are clear. Are we actually arguing that trying to have sex with someone who is drunk is okay? That it isn't rape? Because the law already tells us it isn't.

I think most people here will agree that having sex with someone who's so incredibly intoxicated they can't speak or walk and if falling over or just unconscious is wrong.

I think what most people here are taking exception to is a girlfriend getting drunk with her friends, coming home and trying to initiate sex with their sober significant other and that constitutes rape by the sober party. Even if the girlfriend would only blow a 0.08 and had only a few drinks.

Last edited:
Franco is gonna be on Colbert tonight and hopefully Steven asks him about all those claims

Well that settles that.

Thanks for answering the question.

I know older people are still sexually active but not 95 year olds...

This story seems the least logical.

Last edited:
Hoping the Stan Lee stuff isn't true, the story seems pretty sketchy right now and it is the Daily Mail, after all...

- its very sketchy because its the nursing company bring this to light and not the actual nurses
- no names of the accusers
- no police charges
- no lawsuits
- according to stan's laywer they wanted sums of money

not saying this cant be true it obviously can be but its extremely sketchy in its current state

I hope its not true.

If these accusations had been about stuff that happened during the Mad Men era even through the 1980s , I'd be more willing to believe it.

Actually the allegations sound just like the ones levied against Charlie Rose , which in Rose's case, I do believe.

Stan Lee NNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

As someone whose been drunk, I can tell you it's possible.

But really, if you're making the blanket statement that any kind of sex performed while drunk is tantamount to an act of rape...well I'm sorry then I guess that makes me a rapist and occasional rape victim in your eyes. Most of the world too, really.
Nothing more trust worthy then someone who is drunk to make sound decisions.

The argument that a lot of people do it, hasn't worked in the past. Doesn't now. Especially with something like rape. Which has been redefined for generations. As the concept of consent become more nuanced and defined, both though social change and actual science, so will what qualifies as rape. Like how being married no longer qualifies as consent.

What we are describing here is the ability to understand the intent of someone else who is impaired. Not you, another person. That they are making the decision fully aware while impaired. How is this any different then what Brock Tuner argued? How about the Stubbville kids? What about the rape at Vanderbilt, where the argument was made that because the men also drank, what they did was not rape?

The argument, "well I had drunk sex, it was fine". This is an assumption. One based on the idea that people impaired can even remember what actually happened while drunk. So tell me. How does one decide another is of sound mind to decide such things, when they are impaired? Drunk? What if they decide they weren't comfortable with what happened? Is it not rape because one can decide that while they are drunk, they are totally capable of giving consent so others can as well?

The rep works for the nursing company. I'm sure they checked with the nurses and/or their superiors before they made that statement.
These are two different nursing homes. It is also the Daily Mail. So yeah.

I think most people here will agree that having sex with someone who's so incredibly intoxicated they can't speak or walk and if falling over or just unconscious is wrong.

I think what most people here are taking exception to is a girlfriend getting drunk with her friends, coming home and trying to initiate sex with their sober significant other and that constitutes rape by the sober party. Even if the girlfriend would only blow a 0.08 and had only a few drinks.

45WW0wy.gif

I should have said, I hope all people here would agree..

I call serious BS on Stan Lee getting accused. The guy is 95, his wife of almost seven decades died last year and I doubt he'd be feeling too ****ing frisky after that.

A tabloid reports it without any other reputable agencies doing the same and I cast serious doubt. Along with the rest of the facts? Utter BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"