Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't seriously think WB would call her bluff do you?

Not much of a bluff to call. As another poster stated, he's already been yanked off all projects. She'll sign on.

I'm talking long-term. Bigger picture here.

Not much of a bluff to call. As another poster stated, he's already been yanked off all projects. She'll sign on.

I'm talking long-term. Bigger picture here.
But so long as his production studio is attached to the DCEU, he's making money off it, correct? He may not be on the WB lot but he's still reaping the rewards.

That might be her issue.

Maybe it's best to stop looking at these people as gods or whatever rather than just people who have jobs just like so many other people around the world, especially when you don't even know them personally. Some are *****, some aren't.

No maybe about it. I never got the celebrity worshipping thing. I mean I guess I get it to a certain degree if you're a little kid, but coming from adults it's nonsense. The same thing goes for people putting politicians, cops or members of the military on a pedestal.

No maybe about it. I never got the celebrity worshipping thing. I mean I guess I get it to a certain degree if you're a little kid, but coming from adults it's nonsense. The same thing goes for people putting politicians, cops or members of the military on a pedestal.

Oh, the "maybe" part wasn't meant to be taken seriously. There really is no need to idolize these people the way many like to do. I mean, I can understand being a fan of their work or finding them attractive (it is Hollywood afterall), but beyond that... we don't personally know them.

Waiting for the story about how CK took out his junk and showed it to Kevin Spacey, Bryan Singer and George Takei at a Weinstein party - Bet Doc Huxtable spiked the drinks.

Just my way of saying this is getting crazy :csad: All my heroes!

I don’t want to even think about what Spacey and Singer might have done.

Thats some studio 54 era crap right there.

:huh:

I'm not sure what you mean, even from the "long term" perspective?

Neither do I. Surely Gal Gadot is a more valuable commodity than Brett Ratner after all this. Because that's what all this comes down to.

If anyone is gonna be exiled it's him.

Gal Gadot is the star. Brett Ratner didn't even direct WW. This is an easy choice for Warner Brothers. Everything is fine.

He already is exiled. His company is apparently still helping finance the film and she wants them gone too. When money's involved it's suddenly not that easy.

If it's about financing WB will find someone that wants to partially bankroll the next WW movie with the popular star of the previous on in the title role.

Considering WW’s success and the positive press that’ll come with it there are probably dozens of production studios that would want to step in to to replace Ratner’s company’s participation.

Seems like a pretty easy cut and dry situation to me.

A lot is probably going to come down to when the start of the WW2 production begins. Their contract with Ratners company apparently runs out in March 2018.

A lot is probably going to come down to when the start of the WW2 production begins. Their contract with Ratners company apparently runs out in March 2018.

WB will have to wait till Ratner's contract with WB expires to start working on WW sequel, that is, if there are no other legal issues involved.

The first Wonder Woman movie made some serious money.
WB won't struggle to find financiers willing to partner up for the sequel.

It would be better for WB to not have Ratner's name anywhere near the next Wonder Woman movie. The Women empowering superhero message doesn't really sit well with having one of the producers being a reputed sexual harassing *****ebag.

The Alison Mack one is strange but it was posted in the Daily Mail which is an absolute cesspool of BS so I’m not a 100% sure of what they claim. Heck doesn’t seem like anyone else has picked up on it other than other rags like the Sun etc. Guess we’ll see what happens next.

Mack has been linked with the cult for years. Rumors about Mack and the cult have been floating around on forums and sites since 2009.

I... sincerely hope that story isn't true. For her own sake.
Yes, it's nice that she's courageous and all, but from a practical perspective, this might have not been that smart. Even if Hollywood's response to Weinstein, Ratner, etc represents a permanent change, powerful money people and their friends have long memories, and she can't play Wonder Woman forever.

WB will have to wait till Ratner's contract with WB expires to start working on WW sequel, that is, if there are no other legal issues involved.

Dang, I wanted a 2019 WW sequel :(

But the more time allows for more thought into preproduction, so the movie can turn out better :)

I'm sure it will all be ironed out relatively soon.

Dang, I wanted a 2019 WW sequel :(

But the more time allows for more thought into preproduction, so the movie can turn out better :)

Yeah, I don't mind a wait if what we get is high quality. Better than rushed and crappy. :(

Yes, it's nice that she's courageous and all, but from a practical perspective, this might have not been that smart. Even if Hollywood's response to Weinstein, Ratner, etc represents a permanent change, powerful money people and their friends have long memories, and she can't play Wonder Woman forever.

Somebody gets it.

Venit is one of Hollywood’s most influential agents, as he has represented A-list actresses and actors such as Emma Stone (La La Land), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Eddie Murphy (Coming to America), Diane Keaton (The Godfather), Vince Vaughn (Hacksaw Ridge), Sylvester Stallone (Rocky), Steve Martin (The Jerk), Adam Sandler (Happy Gilmore), and others.
https://www.inquisitr.com/4597303/t...tions-linked-to-gal-gadot-and-emma-stone-rep/

Well she needs to drop him. I love what she is doing but come on

Somebody gets it.

I think eventually there will be a point in which the actors are going to have a head to head with these agents, execs, producers, ect.

It will be like when the golden age film stars took on the studio system.

We live in the information age. Keeping this deviant behavior on the down low is only going to get harder with camera phones, the internet, social media and 24 hour news.

The Hollywood establishment is going to exert more and more pressure on actors to keep silent and eventually that pressure bubble will burst just like we have seen recently with so many actors coming forward with stories of inappropriate behavior.

Hollywood is an exceptionally sexist environment. This has been clear for a long time given their track record on representation and hirings, but these abuse scandals can serve as confirmation.

A woman is more likely to be elected United States Senator, to win a Nobel prize in science, or to serve on the board of a Fortune 500 company, than she is to win an Oscar for best director.

It's pretty telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back