Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detective Laurel?

No just Laurel being a complete hardo and wearing her DA badge like a detective.

Honestly though if it was a detective's badge what a completely illogical plot. It's been 5-6 months which she would still be in the police academy or just recently graduated.

I wouldn't debate Katie is the female lead.That's obvious on paper.The problem being (as has been pointed out) she was in a fraction of the episodes compared to ones the other female cast members were in and scarcely interacted with most of the lead actors in those episodes.Throw in the fact that the fanbase tends to revere a good two or three of the show's actresses over her and it's obvious why she doesn't feel like the lead actress at this point.

Oh yeah she doesn't feel like the lead and certainly wasn't treated like it. But hopefully that will change this season.

Honestly, I hope Ted Grant isn't the ONLY source from where Laurel receives her training from. Unless Ted Grant is revealed to be an ex member of the LOA, or something akin to that level, there's no way that Laurel should be on par with Sara's skills even after receiving training from a former boxer/fighter like Ted.

Ted Grant is enough he's trained everyone in the justice league.

dRBhxHo.jpg

Considering Ted Grant also taught Batman I think he's enough.

You guys are missing the point of herolee's point. Comic Ted Grant trained the Justice League and Batman. TV Ted Grant we've yet to see or hear what he's done.

Yeah, the only thing we have heard is that he is a former boxer who is a self-defense trainer. That doesn't sound like someone who can go up against LOA and others on paper.

Ya people need to put the the comic Ted Grant completely out of their minds because this Ted Grant is not him.

Would not surprise me one bit if he is more love interest than trainer.

It would surprise me if they don't give Laurel a trainer to explain why she can hang with the League and Team Arrow combat wise, since they're making her grow into Black Canary if Ted Grant is not the guy who can make her that, who else are they going to bring? It'd be a waste of a love interest to have him only give him half the training they're going to give her.

And Ted Grant in the comics is a former boxer and personal trainer. That's what it says on paper. You don't know how awesome he is until you look back at the people he's trained.

Ya people need to put the the comic Ted Grant completely out of their minds because this Ted Grant is not him.

Would not surprise me one bit if he is more love interest than trainer.

The same way some people need to realise that this Laurel and comic Dinah Laurel are not really the same?

The same way some people need to realise that this Laurel and comic Dinah Laurel are not really the same?

Precisely.

They should have figured that out from the start when she was going by Laurel instead of Dinah.

Last edited:
Good thing we are able to accept that Laurel is like Dinah from the comics and will become Black Canary.

I hope she is taking some basic martial arts classes. Though not as if she has plenty of people around her to "train" her in real life.

After a lovely evening shooting #Arrow with @MzKatieCassidy @Misskatrinalaw last night it's time to head down south for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"