Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n9k0lpLppU1r7rw99o1_250.gif

tumblr_n9k0lpLppU1r7rw99o2_250.gif

tumblr_n9k0lpLppU1r7rw99o3_250.gif

tumblr_n9k0lpLppU1r7rw99o4_250.gif

tumblr_n9e771vmn41qhs7c2o8_250.gif

ukKygzL.gif

It's kind of funny that they keep pairing her up with Amell knowing that the two wont be together. It is probably because she is suppose to be the female lead, which hopefully becomes true again this season. She don't need to be all the way in the back of the poster again.

It's kind of funny that they keep pairing her up with Amell knowing that the two wont be together. It is probably because she is suppose to be the female lead, which hopefully becomes true again this season. She don't need to be all the way in the back of the poster again.

She is still the lead female regardless it doesn't matter how popular is felicity is..

Man , do I wish those pictures above meant a Cassidy/Dushku catfight on Arrow instead of some other movie.

Man , do I wish those pictures above meant a Cassidy/Dushku catfight on Arrow instead of some other movie.

Yeah me too . The problem is she been reduced too love interest.maybe season 3 will try too fix it..

I really wish they would give Katie/Laurel a new look and get away from the bottom curls she has been sporting forever now.

I wouldn't be opposed to them cutting it a bit shorter and straightening it out.

She is still the lead female regardless it doesn't matter how popular is felicity is..

Hate to break it to you but she isn't a lead, she might have been in the first half of Season 1. But there is no lead female on this show anymore. If you don't think so after watching Season 2 then your Laurel-fanboying is blinding you.

Fact: The "recurring" Caity Lotz appeared in more episodes than Katie Cassidy did. You can't be called a "lead" when a recurring character is in more episodes.

There is one lead on this show and it's Amell everyone else is part of the ensemble.

Episode count for females last season

Felicity: 23
Thea: 21
Sara: 21 (Not counting City of Heroes)
Laurel: 19
Moira: 16

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you but she isn't a lead, she might have been in the first half of Season 1. But there is no lead female on this show anymore. If you don't think so after watching Season 2 then your Laurel-fanboying is blinding you.

Fact: The "recurring" Caity Lotz appeared in more episodes than Katie Cassidy did. You can't be called a "lead" when a recurring character is in more episodes.

There is one lead on this show and it's Amell everyone else is part of the ensemble.

credit my friend check the credits...:halo::halo:

Unless you are Supernatural, there is always a lead male and female lead. She may have been in less episodes last season but she is still considered the female "lead' of the show. Just like how she is a main cast member and Caity was a reaccuring character.

That is correct. But I do agree that you could argue that in terms of plot importance and exposure, and fandom, Cassidy was somewhat usurped from her place as the lead during Season Two. There were multiple episodes this year where she felt extremely removed from the rest of the show, and not necessarily in a beneficial way.

I don't think its a coincidence that the season finale, while still featuring Cassidy in yet another (kind of a depressing pattern for any character here) damsel in distress situation, had Felicty as the character directly threatened by Slade, and had Felicity deliver the crucial blow to determine the season's ending. And another disadvantage the actress has to deal with is the kind of hackneyed way they tried to make up for it (Slade's checkmate move after tearing apart the Queen family is to tell Laurel, so that she will....help Ollie? That's it?) The clearest story sign that Laurel was still the lead was her (mostly despised) subplots, which again, were off on their own for most of the season. The female lead is normally a key fixture of the A-plotline, but for season two, she was stuck in the B-plotline.

Hopefully, she can now be integrated into the main cast and main plotline. Because I think the issue with the Season Two formula was that her stories were easily ignored by a vast majority of the audience at best, and seen as detriments to the show at worst. And that's just as a sane watcher; that's not even counting the stupidity of the shipper wars (that's a whole monster I'm not even touching.)

Yeah, I don't think I would be too happy with the writers if I was Cassidy, It's kind of weird for the female lead to be left out of episodes Don't know if they are going to make changes though.

Honestly, I hope Ted Grant isn't the ONLY source from where Laurel receives her training from. Unless Ted Grant is revealed to be an ex member of the LOA, or something akin to that level, there's no way that Laurel should be on par with Sara's skills even after receiving training from a former boxer/fighter like Ted.

I hope Ted was an agent of A.R.G.U.S. at some point, giving him an explanation for a costume and a codename and would also explain his fighting skills.

Unless you are Supernatural, there is always a lead male and female lead. She may have been in less episodes last season but she is still considered the female "lead' of the show. Just like how she is a main cast member and Caity was a reaccuring character.

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"