Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that also frequent the OUAT thread: luis4u is to Laurel as Milos is to Regina. :o

For those that also frequent the OUAT thread: luis4u is to Laurel as Milos is to Regina. :o

Dinah is my favourite comic book character but arrow writers ruined her they made her a damsel a drunk I think they still hope..

Last edited:
Black_Canary_Dinah_Laurel_Lance-2.jpg

Black_Canary_Dinah_Laurel_Lance-1.jpg

tumblr_mbvdgcGtq71qkz9yno1_500.jpg

Black_Canary.png

37.jpg

Flash is introducing meta humans so there is still hope for a Canary cry in the future.

Thanks for posting these, Hunter!

Hmmm...she must personally favor this baggy, flared style. She wore a dress with a similar style that was posted a few weeks back. The dress looked good on her, but those pants are horrid. Cassidy should have rethought this after looking in the mirror...

I actually expect a time jump in season 3 so Laurel, Roy, Thea and Ollie in Hong Kong will have a lot more training under their belt in order to explain their new roles.

Did I get something wrong? I thought it was just Ollie in Hong Kong during the flashback. The rest of the team is still in Starling along with present Oliver...or do I have that wrong?

I wouldn't call myself a hater, but I do think that they should have done a better job in how they had transitioned Laurel's journey in between the time she was still on her downward spiral with Drugs and her time where she was finally getting her groove back and becoming more active with Team Arrow.

It feels like they spent almost 3/4 of the season with Laurel in the gutter, and then took 0.5 of the remaining half with the transition before she got to the final part of the season where she then became an active participant in the main plot.

Honestly, I just don't want to see her rushed into the role. They are going to need to really think hard on how they have her become a "Black Canary" within the near future.

And I really hope (and I don't say this as a shipper) that they keep her romance free for awhile and focus more on her own journey and give her important stuff to do (in a realistic way) for her future arcs so that it feels like she's earned the mantle of BC by the time she really suits up.

I think her progression is on target. She has the drive and desire to become a "hero" similar to the eagerness Roy showed early on. Now all she needs is training. Could they have handled the progression of Laurel becoming BC better? Yes, they certainly could have, but most superhero journeys start with the hero hitting the "rock bottom", so I don't see why that's such a complaint for some.

40 dollars for an autograph? Yikes.

That's the first thing I noticed. I wouldn't pay $40 dollars for anyone's autograph.

Did I get something wrong? I thought it was just Ollie in Hong Kong during the flashback. The rest of the team is still in Starling along with present Oliver...or do I have that wrong?

No you're right, I just lumped them all together as I think Roy and Laurel in the present in Starling, and Ollie in the flashback's in Hong Kong will all be 8-10 months ahead so their skills are more advanced in season 3.

tumblr_n5q8u7KKN11rmrlnyo1_1280.jpg

motor city comic con
:woot:

40 dollars for an autograph? Yikes.

Pretty standard for those type of events. Better off running into them on the street and just happening to have a picture for them to sign lol.

No you're right, I just lumped them all together as I think Roy and Laurel in the present in Starling, and Ollie in the flashback's in Hong Kong will all be 8-10 months ahead so their skills are more advanced in season 3.

Oh I think I just read that wrong. It's more clear to me now.

Pretty standard for those type of events. Better off running into them on the street and just happening to have a picture for them to sign lol.

Yeah, I guess you are right. I have paid for comics that were very overpriced just because the author or artists were there to sign them at cons. I guess it's just par for the course. Still...that's no chump change for an autograph and I can't think of anyone I would pay that sort of money for.

The time jump between Seasons 2 and 3 will probably be like it was in the time between 1 and 2. Real-time. So if we stick to Arrow's airing schedule as it has done the past two years, that'll be a 5-month jump starting in October.

“Season two was Laurel’s quote unquote island,” Cassidy said. “Everything that’s happened there, [they found] if they’re going to become a hero they have to earn it. For Laurel, [her island] was season two. Season three she puts on the jacket, she’s already been fighting and kicking some ass, she’s going to embrace the whole situation and want to be a part of Team Arrow and get as much involved as she can, and…”

Cassidy paused, before bashfully adding with a laugh, “I’ve started working out.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/1825705/arrow-season-finale-cast-spoilers/

Hopefully, we'll see her training with Ted Grant, Ollie, Diggle & co. KC is looking great, she should be fine. :word:

What ass has she kicked? Killing the cop?

Every time she "fought" this season she hit the person and then went all deer in the headlights.

I can see Ollie refusing to train Laurel in any way which makes her get outside help.

Ted Grant will be dad's best friend

I don't think she goes Canary till Quentin dies

I actually want a Grant or someone who is closer in age to Laurel. Also another thing I was thinking is with the new Flash show being about metahumans then the possibilities for her to gain powers via a cross over episode would be awesome.

I actually want a Grant or someone who is closer in age to Laurel. Also another thing I was thinking is with the new Flash show being about metahumans then the possibilities for her to gain powers via a cross over episode would be awesome.

Lol, it could be like speed force vocal cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"