The New Soul Glo Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Slim

Superhero
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to the same things that the old one was. Let's talk about African-American interests......food, music, politics, pop culture etc...... If the only reason LS cancelled the old is because he felt it ran its course, then it should be okay to start a new one. Because there is still an obvious desire out there to keep it!

Anyone can come on in......No matter your race. Let's keep it civil...let's keep it cool. We will disagree on some things. But we can disagree agreeably.

Bill_Cosby.jpg
teddyriley02.jpg

soulfood.jpg

black_church1.jpg

300px-Oj_murder.jpg
BE_06%20Cover_sml.jpg

Justice_league_green_lantern.jpg

I saw Stevie Wonder last Saturday, as I mentioned earlier. Discuss.

I have never seen him in concert! Man...that cat still has the pipes. What city did you see him in?

I have never seen him in concert! Man...that cat still has the pipes. What city did you see him in?

New York at Madison Square Garden. Amazing show. Played for 2 1/2 hours. He had Tony Bennett and Prince come out for a number each. Tony sang "For Once In My Life" and Prince played guitar "Superstition". He did a moment of silence for the 9 / 11 victims and then talked about how the death of his mother changed him and offered help to Kanye West. He was incredible. I'm trying to find the full set.

EDIT: Found it.

1. Love's In Need Of Love Today - With Aisha Morris
2. Too High
3. Visions
4. Living For The City 5. Master Blaster (Jammin')
6. Jamming – With voice box
70’s Funk & Disco Songs - We Are Family, New York New York, What’s Going On…
7. Higher Ground
8. Golden Lady
9. Ribbon in the Sky
10. Overjoyed
11. If It's Magic
12. You and I
13. Lately
14. How Will I Know - With Aisha Morris
15. Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing
16. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm yours
Stevie great story (about being 15 meeting a little girl back stage)
17. My Cherie Amour
18. For Once in My Life
19. For Once in My Life – With Tony Bennett
20. Boogie On Reggae Woman
21. Sir Duke
22. I Wish
23. You Are the Sunshine of My Life
24. Superstition – With Prince on Guitar
25. As

New York at Madison Square Garden. Amazing show. Played for 2 1/2 hours. He had Tony Bennett and Prince come out for a number each. Tony sang "For Once In My Life" and Prince played guitar "Superstition". He did a moment of silence for the 9 / 11 victims and then talked about how the death of his mother changed him and offered help to Kanye West. He was incredible. I'm trying to find the full set.

PRince?????? Prince with Stevie??? Play Superstition??? AAAAAAhhhh Man!!! :woot: :woot:

Ol' school ..........nothing like it.

PRince?????? Prince with Stevie??? Play Superstition??? AAAAAAhhhh Man!!! :woot: :woot:

Ol' school ..........nothing like it.

Indeed. He brought Tony out for a tribute to his mom. He's 81 and still sounds phenomenal. The applause when he came out was deafening. There was a great harmonica showdown between him and some other musician on "Boogie On Reggae Woman" as well.

Will we be discussing Barry Bonds' indictment in this thread, or is that for the MLB thread?

Fran™;13304704 said:
Will we be discussing Barry Bonds' indictment in this thread, or is that for the MLB thread?

Bring it on!

Does ANYONE think he's innocent?

I know I know, "Innocent until proven guilty," but they've gotta have some evidence saying he definitely took steroids if they're indicting him. :huh:

EDIT: Found it.

1. Love's In Need Of Love Today - With Aisha Morris
2. Too High
3. Visions
4. Living For The City 5. Master Blaster (Jammin')
6. Jamming – With voice box
70’s Funk & Disco Songs - We Are Family, New York New York, What’s Going On…
7. Higher Ground
8. Golden Lady
9. Ribbon in the Sky
10. Overjoyed
11. If It's Magic
12. You and I
13. Lately
14. How Will I Know - With Aisha Morris
15. Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing
16. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm yours
Stevie great story (about being 15 meeting a little girl back stage)
17. My Cherie Amour
18. For Once in My Life
19. For Once in My Life – With Tony Bennett
20. Boogie On Reggae Woman
21. Sir Duke
22. I Wish
23. You Are the Sunshine of My Life
24. Superstition – With Prince on Guitar
25. As

:jealous:

Fran™;13304717 said:
Does ANYONE think he's innocent?

I know I know, "Innocent until proven guilty," but they've gotta have some evidence saying he definitely took steroids if they're indicting him. :huh:

Guilty

what happened to the old one :csad:

anyway

Barry = Guilty roid head

Stevie= GOD

Prince= GOD

Cosby= Role Model i so wanted to be a father/husband exactly llike him .. i watched the show all the time saying... thats how my familys gonna be

Where's Luke Cage and Panther?

It was the same day I met Hayden. Double header. :woot:

Did you follow her into a back alley too? :huh:

You never play along with anything, you know that?

I never thought I'd see the day where OJ, fried chicken, and the Green Lantern would all be featured in the same post.

I never thought I'd see the day where OJ, fried chicken, and the Green Lantern would all be featured in the same post.

Well, you're young yet. :o

Well at least this is more honest than the last Soul Glo thread. LS at least stated it was suppose to be Multi Cultural although being really a black thread.

Long Live The New Soul Glo :up:

I'm going to see Kanye West tonight (don't Hate my friend got me a ticket) although I hear common is supporting :woot:

Also to bring some international flavour to the thread
Sir Trevor McDonald (Black Knight)
_543728_sir_trevor_mcdonald300.jpg

The Fosters
fosters.jpg

Sway
GetChrisJackson_2sway4.jpg

That's Soul Food my man..... that's an entire meal in that photo.

But hey.......I love chicken! :whatever: What can I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"