Discussion: Racism - Part 4

Well of course. The cops had the day off to march, not to protect the march.

So it reduces reaction time and enhances performance??? First off, because you have it in your system, doesn't cause a decrease in reaction time. I don't think that someone who smoked pot 3 weeks ago creates a potential risk to anyone. CBD, if anything, is more of a performance enhancer.

I get that it's a rule. I just think it's misapplied.

It's this part:

“Athletes who smoke cannabis or Spice in-competition potentially endanger themselves and others because of increased risk taking, slower reaction times and poor executive function or decision making.”

Imagine a javelin thrower or a hammer thrower that is high on cannabis and throws waaay out of the boundaries due to not being fully in control of his/her abilities? It's a security risk for the other athletes and fans.

As mentioned on the site, the bans are far shorter than for actual PEDs. they don't make it illegal for the athletes to do marihuana, but they need to know when it's safe for them to compete. I mean look at the Jamaican sprinters. They're not shy about using it but they're smart about when they use it.

It's this part:

Imagine a javelin thrower or a hammer thrower that is high on cannabis and throws waaay out of the boundaries due to not being fully in control of his/her abilities? It's a security risk for the other athletes and fans.

As mentioned on the site, the bans are far shorter than for actual PEDs. they don't make it illegal for the athletes to do marihuana, but they need to know when it's safe for them to compete. I mean look at the Jamaican sprinters. They're not shy about using it but they're smart about when they use it.

When I say I think the rule is misapplied, I mean smoking pot 3 weeks ago or a month ago is not going to affect your reaction time. If you tested people prior to a competition and they show up high, fine, but banning people for a month because they got high a few weeks ago doesn't have to happen. In fact, if you talk to some NBA players, I think you'll find they have a different opinion about the effects of pot on your reflexes; which is key to being a good basketball player.

When I say I think the rule is misapplied, I mean smoking pot 3 weeks ago or a month ago is not going to affect your reaction time. If you tested people prior to a competition and they show up high, fine, but banning people for a month because they got high a few weeks ago doesn't have to happen. In fact, if you talk to some NBA players, I think you'll find they have a different opinion about the effects of pot on your reflexes; which is key to being a good basketball player.

Not sure how smart it is to bring the American professional leagues into the discussion considering how lax they are with PEDs in general.

Not sure how smart it is to bring the American professional leagues into the discussion considering how lax they are with PEDs in general.

I realize that the NBA doesn't police itself that well, but I'm talking about the effects of pot and when they should administer the testing. From personal experience, I don't have any noticeable effects the next day after use and I'm quite sure that 2 weeks down the line, there are none.

I realize that the NBA doesn't police itself that well, but I'm talking about the effects of pot and when they should administer the testing. From personal experience, I don't have any noticeable effects the next day after use and I'm quite sure that 2 weeks down the line, there are none.

The reason these rules are in place that people who aren't responsible, don't **** things up for the other athletes.

The reason these rules are in place that people who aren't responsible, don't **** things up for the other athletes.
I can understand that, but test them just before and just after performing. Let them know when the tests will be taken. If you haven't smoked pot for 2 weeks, you aren't endangering anyone. What you do outside of that shouldn't really matter. Just my opinion.

I can understand that, but test them just before and just after performing. Let them know when the tests will be taken. If you haven't smoked pot for 2 weeks, you aren't endangering anyone. What you do outside of that shouldn't really matter. Just my opinion.

These athletes are already tested multiple times during a calendar year. They are notified when the testers are arriving or they are required to disclose their locations for surprise testing.

These athletes are already tested multiple times during a calendar year. They are notified when the testers are arriving or they are required to disclose their locations for surprise testing.

I understand. I just think the testing "should" be done at a time when it is relevant to competition; especially for something like pot.

#1284616 Why I won't celebrate Independence Day:

9bd481b7f150a91d401c554e23865d20021da9cb

Coming from PragerU, it makes sense they would be all for pro-racist ideology.

You know it's bad when the best possible reading of that complaint is that they're too ******* lazy to actually teach their kids and want a single book to cover the entire history of race relations in America or else be labeled racist for making white kids feel bad about 1960s racism.

The rightwing freakout about CRT was always about erasing the teaching of black history from the education system. Moreover, they want to erase teaching all liberal and reformist history while carrying the torch of the Confederacy.

The Texas Senate on Friday passed legislation that would end requirements that public schools include writings on women’s suffrage and the civil rights movement in social studies classes.

Texas Senate Votes to Remove Required Lessons on Civil Rights

The Washington Post - Conservative activists in Texas have shaped the history all American children learn
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...e-shaped-history-all-american-children-learn/

The one true god of conservatism is and has always been white male supremacy.

Do not expect them to stop, they have to be stopped at the ballot box.

You can read the despicable Texas social studies bill here:

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/871/billtext/pdf/SB00003I.pdf (look at all the strikethroughs)

From the state that also brought you among many other nonsense

Texas Tribune - Gov. Greg Abbott signs into law one of nation’s strictest abortion measures, banning procedure as early as six weeks into a pregnancy

Texas Senate Passes Bill to Remove Required Lessons on Civil Rights Movements from Public School Curriculums

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"