Days of Future Past Does this movie have too many characters?

No. They can easily service all of them. That is assuming, if most of these characters only have minor/supporting roles and this movie is the longest of the series to date(a solid 2.5 hours or so). If that's the case then the cast size shouldn't be an issue.

I'm hoping that a young Cyclops, jean, and storm are the main characters,

Xavier plays the typical Xavier role. Magneto plays the secondary villain role, with dinklage as thr primary villain role.

The time traveller, whether it be Wolvy or Kitty will be minor, like Spock in Star Trek 2009.

Beast, mystique, are supprtong characters. Everyone else is a glorified extra, dying in the future.

Hopefully.

I think you are going to be wrong.

I don't see young Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In film

I think Xavier will be time traveler like Kitty was In original comic.

I see dinklage as antimutant human Involved In devolping plans for sentinles.Magneto Is out to kill him.

If you think WOlverine and other OT characters are glorified extras you will be greatly mistaken.

Its a big film that will have two teams and a set of villains who are all all mutants. It could have up to 20 easily really. FC itself had like 12 mutants and this is a much larger film, the decade jump kind of asks for alot of characters. If they were non mutant characters being announced I don't think anyone would be worried. But most have all been fan favs, so screen time and personal preference are gonna colide.

There is really no need for Rebcca anymore. I doubt we will have both Lawrence and Rebecca in blue form. They just need one. It will be interesting if Lawrence can play the bad ass mystique from X1 and X2 though for the future if they do use her for both.

Yeah I agree. Since Mystique doesn't age, they can just use Jennifer Lawrence in both timelines (assuming Mystique is even in both timelines). No offense to Rebecca Romijn, but now that Jennifer Lawrence is the most famous actress in the world, I imagine they're going to try and put as much of her into the movie as possible.

I disagree.The point Is doing an OT reunion for future scenes.If they didn't recast colossus then why Mystique for future scenes.Of course for now we don't know If Mystique Is In
future.

I disagree.The point Is doing an OT reunion for future scenes.If they didn't recast colossus then why Mystique for future scenes.Of course for now we don't know If Mystique Is In
future.

Agreed:up:

future.

Because its cheaper to only have one actress? And again, because J. Law is insanely famous right now. Theres a reason they didn't use a younger actor for Wolverine's cameo in First Class, because Hugh Jackman is iconic in the role.

If Mystique In fuuture They will bring back Rebecca.

I am willing to bet the amont of time you see Jennifer Lawrence In Blue makeup
In 1973 scenes will be limited.

She is pretty much the hottest actress right now, they will probably have a decent role for her.

Because its cheaper to only have one actress? And again, because J. Law is insanely famous right now. Theres a reason they didn't use a younger actor for Wolverine's cameo in First Class, because Hugh Jackman is iconic in the role.

Logan ages slowly :facepalm:

Well duh obviously that too. But so does Mystique and he was wondering why they wouldn't bring back Rebecca Romijn.

it's obvious Rogue/Iceman are taking the Franklin/Racheal part.
I think Magneto's role in the future will be expanded on because we don't know what become of him in the comic.
hopefully Colossus/Kitty's relationship factors into the movie story.
We all know Storm has a part to play.
The questionable roles are older Charles, Logan, and (supposedly) Blink.
I wouldn't be surpised if only some of the X-Men were imprisoned in camps, while perhaps Logan formed a new team of X-Men in the future, working from the outside ala W&tXmen cartoon did & perhaps Blink & Bishop are those new X-Men (if these roles turn out to be true).
I also think we may get two time travelers preferbaly one female and one male. Maybe future Charles helps Blink telepathically focus her mind to expand her powers so she is able to open a "dimensional rift" in the fabric of time and space.

They will not use Jennifer Lawrence in scenes set in the future. I could bet my life on it.

LEAST OF ALL, because Jennifer is only contracted for one more film after this, and now that her star is on the rise, they're going to have a hard task getting her to commit to many more films. If they want more films in the present day with the OT cast, they're not going to leave themselves in that situation.

And I still think that a younger Cyclops, Jean and Storm in this film makes no sense when you can give them a proper intro in FC3, with a less crowded cast, and more realistic aging. Teenagers in the 80's fits with their canonical ages in the series.

I will bet Jennifer Lawrence has majority of her screentime In DOFP undercover In he real face.She amy only be In blue makeup reporting to magneto and during climax battle.

I could see them having Xavier,wolverine,and Kitty free with Magneto,Storm,Rogue,Iceman,Colossus and If she makes the cut Mystique as prisoners.

Blink's role may be to help get Wolverine and Kitty Into camp to rescue the others and to
help against Sentinles.

I'm always confused by threads like this. Have we forgotten that we've gotten several X-Men films over the last 13 years that have already well-established the vast majority of these characters? It' not like we have to spend so much time getting to know their origins, how they came to be, etc.

Well, if the future timeline takes place after X3, Mystique is no longer a mutant and stripped off her powers anyway, so she might not even appear.

Yeah, and of the 4 new characters, I'm sure at least 2 of them will be similar to Banshee and Havok, in that they serve a purpose but don't require any development.

Magneto was already shown begining to regain powers at end of film.Your crazy If you
think Rogue Is not going to have any powers.Same as Magneto.If Mystique Is In future and that's an If for now she could regain her ability.

Magneto was already shown begining to regain powers at end of film.Your crazy If you
think Rogue Is not going to have any powers.Same as Magneto.If Mystique Is In future and that's an If for now she could regain her ability.

True. Then again, who knows what route they're gonna take with the future timeline. Singer said that he has some cleanup to do, so I guess he needs to deal with this cure **** in some way... But so far he's been casting actors for roles that have importance for the story, so if he needs Rebecca, she'll soon be announced.

I would think Rebecca would be cast as well. Along with Halle and Famke, she was one of *the* X-Women of the franchise and there's no way that Jennifer Lawrence is going to be able to have a share in the future.

It only has too many characters if one believes every character will or needs to have a significant role.

No offense to Rebecca Romijn, but now that Jennifer Lawrence is the most famous actress in the world, I imagine they're going to try and put as much of her into the movie as possible.

UGH

It would be incredibly stupid to not use Rebecca Romijn as future Mystique simply because they JLaw "is the most famous actress in the world" and so they apparently have to stretch her screentime...

The only reason this very unlikely scenario would ever come to fruition is if Rebecca is committed to another project and they can't get her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"