Guardians of the Galaxy Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Batista will do just fine for the role. It was never intended to be a dramatic stint, despite the fact that some people in this thread have come to the conclusion that Drax was conceived in the comics as a Shakespearean tragic figure.

And it's not like Drax ever had the fanbase that Venom had. When Venom fans felt slighted by Topher, there were literally millions of 'em up in arms. With Drax, even in the comic-book geek community, it'll be more like: "Drax who....?"

No, don't do that.

well...
DEYbT8z.png

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

If Tony *does* wind up being in this movie, as the esteemed journalists at LR indicate, then he's not allowed to repeat Avenger jokes.

Drax: "You have no idea what you're dealing with."
Tony Stark, to Drax: "Uh, Shakespeare in the Park....?"
*WHACK*
Drax: "No recycling old material....get something fresh, Shellhead!" :cmad:

Drax won't have that much dialogue according to some.

I guess I don't mind. As long as whenever he does open his mouth, he actually says something important. And the team would be like "He talks?".

I guess I don't mind. As long as whenever he does open his mouth, he actually says something important. And the team would be like "He talks?".

Silent Bob in space.

Agreed 100% :up:

Drax won't have that much dialogue according to some.

Who would be 'some' that you are referring to - people with genuine inside knowledge or just people who have seen that a wrestler has been cast and have concluded that he wont be given that many lines?

not much dialogue could be cool look at that model rebecca romijn:oldrazz: she had very little lines but emotes with facial expressions and movements and she was great

Hell, the entire Brotherhood sans Magneto in the first movie had like what....four lines total?

If Tony *does* wind up being in this movie, as the esteemed journalists at LR indicate, then he's not allowed to repeat Avenger jokes.

Drax: "You have no idea what you're dealing with."
Tony Stark, to Drax: "Uh, Shakespeare in the Park....?"
*WHACK*
Drax: "No recycling old material....get something fresh, Shellhead!" :cmad:

Drax: Thanos must be stopped.
Gamora: Take care how you speak. He is my father.
Drax: He destroyed half the universe.
Gamora: I'm adopted...
:doh:

Who would be 'some' that you are referring to - people with genuine inside knowledge or just people who have seen that a wrestler has been cast and have concluded that he wont be given that many lines?

Neither.:o

c'mon have some faith in marvel they make him look good...out of the park but maybe surprises...i have faith ...anyway i bet rocket racoon is going to steal the show like the hulk did

It's not hard to steal the show when you're a well done CGI character, tis the way of movies.

drax_the_destoryer_fanart_by_mrchuknoris-d5ygy7f.jpg

Drax the Man on the Sax

Not bad; but a few Photoshopping tips: make him completely bald; lose the soul-patch beard; make his eyes all white; and put red paint highlights around his eyes. Then you've got the real deal.

Maybe we can't say he would have been better, but we can say that he would have been awesome. Just watching him on Arrow, he's such a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"