Eternals Eternals Spoilers Thread

Kind of, yes. Though I would say given how advanced they are they're kind of like the bridge between super advanced androids and simply living beings don't age or evolve created by intelligent design similar to how many cultures have believed humans were built by their gods. They're closer to being organic than even someone like Vision. I guess it depends on your definitions of what a 'robot' and 'organism' are whether they're either one or even both somehow.
Artificially created humaniods.
They are not robots like you said but would say they are like this or similar to this.

Nightmask

"Adam" was the first humanoid being created by
Ex Nihilo in his effort to create life anew on Earth. But as soon as he emerged from his cocoon, his ability to speak in Builder Machine Code made Nihilo and his sister Abyss think something was wrong. He was later taken into custody of the Avengers in order to study him and try to decode his language. Tony Stark managed to decode his name into "Blackveil."
and
Nightmask is a genetically perfect human being artificially created from Ex Nihilo's machine with the purpose of being the first of a new race of humans. Yet somehow, he was altered with aspects not programmed into his genetic code. This change may somehow be related to the universal transcendent advent called the White Event, bestowing upon him strange new powers.
Adam Blackveil (Earth-616)

Artificially created humaniods.
They are not robots like you said but would say they are like this or similar to this.
I mean, yes they're humanoids. But so are androids (which are humanoid robots or other artificial beings), which they are given that they're humanoid and artificial. Whether they are also robots still depends on your definition of robot. Can something that is (partially) made of organic tissue be considered a robot? Some people even consider humans to be robots since they are embodied, autonomous systems running some kind of program (in their brain). You can disagree with that definition but I think it's not that clear.
They're for sure more artificially built than coccoon grown beings called Adam (be it Warlock or Blackveil). They're built fully grown rather than organically growing and their endoskeleton seems metallic.

Last edited:
Is there just a little chance Ikaris survived at the end? I need him to return :wowe:I cant wait to see this full cast again.

Well. Yeah. This is the worst MCU movie. Which considering TDW, IM2, Ant-Man and Wasp and TIH, that's impressive.

Sersi and Ikaris had no chemistry whatsover. I found most of the eternals wooden (I suppose they it feeds into the fact they're androids) but if they lived with humanity for over 7000 years they can learn emotions like Phastos and Sersi did.

Also I'm sorry but I didn't like the fact that Sprite was in love in Ikaris. Like I get it within the context of the film and they explained it using the Tinker Bell and Perter Pan analogy. Doesn't work for me and I'm even surprised Marvel went there.

It looks action packed from the clip I saw.

Nah I meant in the final Battle. It reminded me of the Supes vs JL but done better. Makkarri basically owned Ikaris the majority of the fight.

Is there just a little chance Ikaris survived at the end? I need him to return :wowe:I cant wait to see this full cast again.

Well he's an android. I'm sure Arishem or whatever has another copy of him with earlier memories.

Also I'm sorry but I didn't like the fact that Sprite was in love in Ikaris. Like I get it within the context of the film and they explained it using the Tinker Bell and Perter Pan analogy. Doesn't work for me and I'm even surprised Marvel went there.
Yeah, I get that. It would have been only slightly less weird had they cast an adult actress who looked younger rather than an actual 14 year old (at the time). But on the positive side, Sprite annoyed me much much less than I thought she would going into it.

So whose voice are we thinking that was in the second credits scene? Blade? It kinda sounded like Mahershala.

Last edited:
I don't even know what to make of this movie yet :funny:

I liked it quite a bit though. Love that it felt different to other MCU movies but it was edited a little poorly and while I liked the cast, none of them really stood out and felt Jolie was wasted.

My favorite character might actually have been Dane (Kit Harrington) and unfortunately he wasn't in it much.

I still have to gather my thoughts and let it sink in though

The greatest thing this movie did was give Patton Oswalt another shot in the MCU after Agents of SHIELD. Pip the Troll is perfect for him.

It was crazy to me how much chemistry was lacking between Richard Madden and Gemma Chan in this and how much I just didn't end up caring about their romance at all.

It being the main focus of the movie made it an even bigger problem, but man was Madden flat in this and I've seen him give him really good performances in stuff like GOT and The Bodyguard.

Sure he has the look of a superhero, but I didn't feel any charisma at all from his performance and it made his turn and eventual death in the third act just one big, giant shrug for me.

How they used Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie in this movie bothered me the most though because for one they pretty much kill her off at the beginning of the movie and the only time you see any interactions between her and other characters is entirely through flashbacks which felt very off to me.

Angelina Jolie's character just puzzled me though and had to be the worst written character in the movie because you introduce her in a pretty badass action sequence just to handicap her character 5 minutes later which made no sense to me, especially when for some reason they still decide to bring her along knowing she's a powerful, unpredictable, ticking, unstable time bomb that could turn on the other Eternals at any point during the movie.

Now, maybe I missed something but that writing just came off super lazy to me and this movie really started going downhill for me once they killed off Don Lee who was easily one of the best characters in the movie.

They at least had some interesting potential they could have explored with Brian Tyree Henry's character being this immortal god who just wants to live a peaceful family life with his partner, but of course they don't do hardly anything with it other than the bare minimum which was also disappointing.

It was crazy to me how much chemistry was lacking between Richard Madden and Gemma Chan in this and how much I just didn't end up caring about their romance at all.

It being the main focus of the movie made it an even bigger problem, but man was Madden flat in this and I've seen him give him really good performances in stuff like GOT and The Bodyguard.

Sure he has the look of a superhero, but I didn't feel any charisma at all from his performance and it made his turn and eventual death in the third act just one big, giant shrug for me.

How they used Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie in this movie bothered me the most though because for one they pretty much kill her off at the beginning of the movie and the only time you see any interactions between her and other characters is entirely through flashbacks which felt very off to me.

Angelina Jolie's character just puzzled me though and had to be the worst written character in the movie because you introduce her in a pretty badass action sequence just to handicap her character 5 minutes later which made no sense to me, especially when for some reason they still decide to bring her along knowing she's a powerful, unpredictable, ticking, unstable time bomb that could turn on the other Eternals at any point during the movie.

Now, maybe I missed something but that writing just came off super lazy to me and this movie really started going downhill for me once they killed off Don Lee who was easily one of the best characters in the movie.

They at least had some interesting potential they could have explored with Brian Tyree Henry's character being this immortal god who just wants to live a peaceful family life with his partner, but of course they don't do hardly anything with it other than the bare minimum which was also disappointing.
Was very disappointed in Jolie's character. Really brought nothing to the table but Blondgelina Jolie had some kind of effect on me :funny:

I think it was a choice to have Ikaris as more stoic and all that, it made sense for the character.

Was not expecting Salma to be killed off right away like that either but yeah, felt like her and Jolie were wasted and pretty much just stunt casting. Hopefully Jolie is better in future appearances

Nah I meant in the final Battle. It reminded me of the Supes vs JL but done better. Makkarri basically owned Ikaris the majority of the fight.
I saw short clips featuring Ikaris vs Makkari, Phastos and Thena.

Here is a spoiler review from grace by the way.
Check out comments inside the links as well.

Nytellem quote-
I think people and Grace are taking the whole “They’re basics robots” to another level it shouldn’t be on. They are NOT ROBOTS, they’re still humans, just organic beings created with Cosmic energy by Arishem. He said this in the movie……
TheMfranchise quote-
yeah it was very obvious, this is why sometimes a re-watch is needed.

By the way i think Eternals is a really good movie.
I enjoy it.
It is a great movie.
I gave it a 8 in the Rate and Review the Eternals thread.

Just got back from it and well Thor Dark World is no longer my least favorite MCU movie.

Eternals was not terrible or good for me. It felt very flat and one note all the way through, I didn't feel any tension or true build to the last act. The characters spent thousands and thousands of years together yet the Avengers had way more chemistry in A1 after just teaming up.

Kamil was good and the guy that played Gil.

overall it falls in the 5-6 out of 10 for me.

Those credit scenes were good though, I had a pretty packed theater but no one seemed to know who Pip the Troll was or that it could have been Blade's voice(or I am hoping) in the 2nd one. I never heard of Black Knight or whatever Kit's character was suppose to be so if that was the sword talking or some mentor it went over everyone's head.

Last edited:
I liked this a heck of a lot more than Black Widow!
I preferred BW for Yelena/Pugh alone, I felt her chemistry Scarjo/Widow was great throughout the movie. I didn't feel that with a group of 10 years. Gil and Thena were cool, Druid and speedster seemed connected but I just didn't feel it like BWs chemistry.

I think Jolie played her role very well. The scene where Ajax told her she has to lose her memory really got me emotional wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"