Eternals Eternals Spoilers Thread

I've seen the scene several hours ago. I wonder if its just a coincidence that the voice actor of the Blade, is also the new actor to play Blade.:wow:
It's Mahershala Ali as Blade (Eric Brooks) in both instances. He's not playing the blade. Blade (Eric Brooks) was standing in the room with Dane and asked him if he was sure he wanted to do that, we just didn't see him. So no, it's not a coincidence.

Last edited:
I KNEW IT! He's got such a distinct cool voice I knew it was him.

I've been thinking about this movie, and I feel its better than what it's getting credit for. But I was thinking how things might have been if the entire movie was told in the few thousand years in the the past. Giving greater detail into sersi and ikaris' relationship, and showing the bond between the team as a whole without the betrayal ark. We would also get sentient deviants that can act as a real villain role as we learn the truth behind their existence as well. We learn ajak knows something the others don't, ikaris is seen as a militant second in command and she tells him before the entire team splits at the end of the movie.

Then in a part 2 we get the bulk of plot that we have now, where it's a mystery about who killed ajak because all the deviants are supposedly dead, as we unfold that mystery along with what ajak knew and why sersi now has to lead them.

Idk just brainstorming I know marvel didn't necessarily have the time to tell the story in that capacity but I feel it could've worked.

Last edited:
Is them being advanced robots an original idea or is it something from the comics?

Wasn't Dan Stevens all but confirmed to be playing Kro? He even teased it in an interview and everything. I was surprised to see that Bill Skarsgard voiced him in the credits (which was a waste of his talents IMO, as it would have been for Stevens as well).

I KNEW IT! He's got such a distinct cool voice I knew it was him.

I've been thinking about this movie, and I feel its better than what it's getting credit for. But I was thinking how things might have been if the entire movie was told in the few thousand years in the the past. Giving greater detail into sersi and ikaris' relationship, and showing the bond between the team as a whole without the betrayal ark. We would also get sentient deviants that can act as a real villain role as we learn the truth behind their existence as well. We learn ajak knows something the others don't, ikaris is seen as a militant second in command and she tells him before the entire team splits at the end of the movie.

Then in a part 2 we get the bulk of plot that we have now, where it's a mystery about who killed ajak because all the deviants are supposedly dead, as we unfold that mystery along with what ajak knew and why sersi now has to lead them.

Idk just brainstorming I know marvel didn't necessarily have the time to tell the story in that capacity but I feel it could've worked.
Yeah, I think making it more linear might've worked better for this plot. I'm not even sure if you'd need to split it in two parts. A lot of time was spent on getting all the Eternals back together again which could be shortened significantly if we've been following them all for a longer time already by that point. And if the modern day stuff was all at the latter part of the movie the multiple fight scenes against the deviants there could be significantly trimmed too. In fact, I think in that case it might even be best if the deviants were actually wiped out earlier and there weren't more of them in the modern day, or maybe have only Kro survive and in the modern day have him really just focussed on how the Eternals genocided his kind and use that as additional motivation for some Eternals to doubt Arishem's will. And then focus all the modern day stuff only on the discovery of the emergence and conflict between the Eternals about whether they should remain loyal to Arishem or if they should revolt and save the earth and its inhabitants.

It would’ve been awesome, if they showed him. In other languages with dubbing nobody will recognise the voice.
Maybe they show him, when it gets a digital release

At least this movie freed Madden for the next Bond :cwink:

Remains to be seen ;)

I know Richard Madden is a good actor. Even in that mediocre Cinderella movie he was better. He was much better on Game of Thrones and Rocket Man as well.

Having seen this movie, the Reddit leak was true. I have stated before that I think Thor: The Dark World was the worst movie in the MCU, but at least Thor Ragnarok and WandaVision (for Darcy Lewis) gave some of the characters from The Dark World a second chance to win me over as I hope we'll see from Jane Foster in Thor: Love and Thunder. I hope Love and Thunder makes me like Jane Foster, because in my mind right now she's not great. Based on what I saw, there's little chance we'll see that from a few of the characters in Eternals. From a character standpoint, it's worse that Thor: The Dark World, because at least with Thor: The Dark World, there was at least a chance that many of the main characters would pop up elsewhere and have a chance to get better. I have stated before I thought that Darcy Lewis was annoying in Thor: The Dark World, but WandaVision made her a better character, and now I want to see where she ends up next. The one character I liked in Thor: The Dark World was Sif, and I hope we see more of her in Love and Thunder. With Eternals, I don't know if I want to see where they end up next except for Dane Whitman, Kingo and Makkari. I did think that the powers of the Eternals were different than every other character in the MCU, and I like that.

I may get hate for this but I thought Carol Danvers (even in her solo movie) is a better character in the MCU than Sersi. And I liked Carol much better in End Game than I did in her solo film (and I didn't hate Captain Marvel as much as other people, I just thought she needed more emotion and feeling once she became Vers).

And I did recognize Ali's voice talking to Dane Whitman at the end.

Having his voice offscreen and not showing him was stupid.

Also, what they did with Kingo in the final act was also stupid. Bad writing. Bad storytelling.

Also, what they did with Kingo in the final act was also stupid. Bad writing. Bad storytelling.

Actually, I think it is realistic that someone just skip this like "I dont care, I live anyway". He seems just to care about himself and Im sure in the future they will come back to this side of his character.

Actually, I think it is realistic that someone just skip this like "I dont care, I live anyway". He seems just to care about himself and Im sure in the future they will come back to this side of his character.

Explore that notion but to write him out entirely was dumb.

Having his voice offscreen and not showing him was stupid.

I think so too. If it had been the voice of Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange, there would have been a different reaction and it would have been more like "oh that's neat, the first established MCU character Dane meets is Dr. Strange." It's why I didn't have any issues with the mid-credits to Shang Chi meeting Carol Danvers and Bruce Banner in hologram form. We already know these characters, so not showing them in the flesh isn't a big deal. That scene would have been more effective if they actually showed Blade or if not Blade, make him meet an already established MCU character using their voice offscreen.

So the old leaks were vague

is Ikaris fate left vague, or do we know for sure?

I didn't mind the first post credits scene of Pip the Troll and Eros since we actually got to see them in the flesh. I thought Harry Styles was great in Dunkirk. Someone's voice offscreen should only appear in the MCU if that character is established and we already know the character. For example, if in Armor Wars, Rhodey is on the phone talking to Happy Hogan (if Happy survives NWH) about Stark technology and all we hear is the voice of Jon Favreau, I would be completely fine with it since we already know Happy in the MCU.

So the old leaks were vague

is Ikaris fate left vague, or do we know for sure?

It didn't LOOK vague. I guess with space magic and all it could be vague. Maybe his body is immune to the sun.

Last edited:
So, sounds like Ali's playing Blade as British, can anyone confirm that? Haven't seen it yet. If so, that's so cool. Snipes' take is the radness, but it'd be cool if just for variety to not take much from the Blade films for the MCU, just go full-on comics.

I enjoyed this movie well enough but I think the criticisms are valid.

I liked the scope and scale of the film’s story but it was hampered IMO by editing and pacing issues. The flashbacks worked, I just think it sometimes affected the flow of the film in a way that I think could have been improved upon. Even with its lengthy runtime, I do think there needed to be some additional scenes (especially with Kingo and Dane, respectively) to let things breathe and have the stories being presented more fleshed out.

Having recently been in such a Dune craze, it would have been great to see this movie take its time with some shots & story beats/dialogue. It felt like this was chopped up in the editing room to make it more Marvel-y.

One of the pitfalls of Eternals too is the cast, especially Gemma Chan and Richard Madden. I don’t think Chan was able to carry this film in the way that it wanted Sersi to. And while I think Madden was fine as Ikaris, especially once his villain turn is revealed, he had such little chemistry with Chan that the emotional core was lost. I was more interested in Druig & Makkari to be honest. And loved the way the film showcased super speed—no more slo-mo!

I mentioned spending more time with Dane and Kingo, the latter whom desperately needed a eureka moment with Karun to convince him to rejoin the fight and help turn the tides of the final battle.

Thena too would have benefitted from a scene or two more ahead of Gilgamesh’s death. Her suffering from the Mad Weary is interesting but I don’t think it was sufficiently explored and I think there would have been a better way to present it—it always seemed so randomly shoehorned in; and I understand bouts of dementia can occur when least expected but I think there was a better way for the film to showcase/utilize this plot thread for Thena.

The action with the Deviants was fine, but they’re just gray-ish CGI monsters. Some variation amongst the designs & color would have been interesting to highlight that they were evolving (similar to the Eternals). And I don’t fully understand what was happening with Kro; how did his new ability to siphon their powers signal/ coincide with the Emergence? Infusing Kro with more character would have made him a more menacing and interesting ‘main’ antagonist. Even having him already more humanoid/speaking at the London fight or in the Amazon would have been good to see.

The rest was good, like I said. I wonder where this goes—does it become a franchise or do these characters just wander off into other MCU properties?

So, sounds like Ali's playing Blade as British, can anyone confirm that? Haven't seen it yet. If so, that's so cool. Snipes' take is the radness, but it'd be cool if just for variety to not take much from the Blade films for the MCU, just go full-on comics.

Yeah it didn't sound British in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"