EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Although im not against his casting.

We'll since Boyega and Boseman are the two top names being floated around right now. Everyone go ahead and prepare for an out of left field choice to be picked.

We'll since Boyega and Boseman are the two top names being floated around right now. Everyone go ahead and prepare for an out of left field choice to be picked.

Let's get a white guy to play him. It shouldn't matter, right? Electro, Kingpin, Heimdall, Nick Fury all had race changes, so let's see it done the other way for a change. :BA

Let's get a white guy to play him. It shouldn't matter, right? Electro, Kingpin, Heimdall, Nick Fury all had race changes, so let's see it done the other way for a change. :BA

No. Marvel is too smart to do that. They'll get backlash.

I can't tell if he's serious or trolling. Probably the latter

I am very optimistic that both Black Panther and Carol Danvers are coming. The reason for this is the expanded schedule. Marvel probably won't get much heat if only one is announced, but when they complete their announced schedule and neither film is announced, Marvel might get some backlash from those wanting Marvel to explain why none of their superhero films are of a woman or Person of color.

I am very optimistic that both Black Panther and Carol Danvers are coming. The reason for this is the expanded schedule. Marvel probably won't get much heat if only one is announced, but when they complete their announced schedule and neither film is announced, Marvel might get some backlash from those wanting Marvel to explain why none of their superhero films are of a woman or Person of color.

I definitely think at least one of Black Panther and Captain Marvel will have a film on the announced slate of dates. People really want it, and the momentum is really behind it finally happening. The backlash is already starting, where I'm starting to see Guardians of the Galaxy starting to get singled out by some commentators for being Marvel's 10th movie where the hero is a white guy. Not necessarily fair on Guardians, but it seems a bit of a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation.

I'm of the opinion that there will be two new franchises launched in the 2017-2019 slate, with Black Panther, Captain Marvel and The Inhumans my three top picks for likely franchises to launch. So, I'm guessing it'll be two out of those three.

I definitely think at least one of Black Panther and Captain Marvel will have a film on the announced slate of dates. People really want it, and the momentum is really behind it finally happening. The backlash is already starting, where I'm starting to see Guardians of the Galaxy starting to get singled out by some commentators for being Marvel's 10th movie where the hero is a white guy. Not necessarily fair on Guardians, but it seems a bit of a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation.

I'm of the opinion that there will be two new franchises launched in the 2017-2019 slate, with Black Panther, Captain Marvel and The Inhumans my three top picks for likely franchises to launch. So, I'm guessing it'll be two out of those three.

Captain Marvel?? I hope it's the Kree Cap and not Carol Danvers. I like the character but let them stick with Ms MArvel and I'm not sold on a solo movie of her. She's always been a supporting character and works well with the team but solo she's boring.

Captain Marvel?? I hope it's the Kree Cap and not Carol Danvers. I like the character but let them stick with Ms MArvel and I'm not sold on a solo movie of her. She's always been a supporting character and works well with the team but solo she's boring.

She's only boring if the writers don't know what to do with her. She's got her own persona and in solo books she works. Plus there ain't that many females that can carry a movie in Marvel that aren't on a team, and they will partly want to do this to shut up gripes about it, and partly because she can hold her own.

Well, I think Captain Mahr-Vell is pretty boring as a solo character too. But I think it's pretty certain that, sooner or later, Carol Danvers will have a solo film. I think the open question right now is Captain Marvel or Ms. Marvel. I'm personally fine either way, but people have been leaning towards Captain, so I've followed suit.

Yeah, I take that as a given, but the star of the movie should be the human of the two.

Mar-Vell and Carol should be in a movie together

I agree. I'm sure Marvel doesn't have the balls to do this (nor do I think this would actually be the wisest move marketing wise), but I think Mar-Vell should be introduced in a prior cosmic Marvel movie (i.e. Guardians 2), Captain Marvel should be sold as a spinoff film starring him, with Carol Danvers billed as the plucky female "romantic interest" character... however, at the end of the first act, the Yon-Rogg incident happens (killing Mar-Vell in this version), and Carol Danvers gains powers and takes up the Captain Marvel mantle and becomes the protagonist for the rest of the movie.

That likely wouldn't work, because it would piss off fanboys who were promised a Mar-Vell movie (even those who didn't care about Mar-Vell before, but just don't like being tricked and/or can't handle a female protagonist) and they wouldn't be able to use the "first female led MCU film" as a selling point.

More realistically, it would be billed up front as Carol Danvers movie, but I would still like Mar-Vell to be an established character who is already Captain Marvel at the beginning of the film, and for Carol to gain her powers from him in the Yon-Rogg conflict at the beginning of the movie (perhaps in an extended, 20 minute cold open).

There is only one Captain Marvel who should get a film in my book and he isn't in the Marvel universe.

Carol Danvers and/or Black Panther will happen, just so that Marvel can say that they have a diverse set of films.

If nether happens though, I'd expect a lot of backlash, in which Kevin Feige better have a good explanation for neither happening.

There is only one Captain Marvel who should get a film in my book and he isn't in the Marvel universe.

Glad your not in charge of what gets made then if that's how you feel.

Mar-Vell and Carol should be in a movie together

Exactly.

You can easily do a movie with the pair of them with Mar-Vell sacrificing himself towards the end of the movie with Carol taking the name Captain Marvel to honour him.

Mar-Vell is sent to spy on Earth to gather intelligence for an invasion from Kree empire. He takes the identity of a dead military scientist and comes to like the humans. Mar-vell develops a romance with Security Chief of his restricted military base Carol Danver.

The Kree consider him a traitor and send a invasion force to kill him and conqueror the earth lead by Yon-Rogg. Danvers saves Mar-Vell's life but is injured. In a last ditch effort to save Carol, Mar-Vell uses a Kree device that saves her and gives her powers.

Carol Danvers and/or Black Panther will happen, just so that Marvel can say that they have a diverse set of films.

If nether happens though, I'd expect a lot of backlash, in which Kevin Feige better have a good explanation for neither happening.
I don't think either are necessary. They shouldn't just make them to appease the people that are calling for diversity. That's pretty stupid.

They shouldn't rush them out for that reason, they should make them only if they have a great story to tell. I say they take their time on both to make sure they're perfect.

In the meantime, they can introduce BP in Avengers or Cap 3, and they can intro Carol in Guardians

I don't think either are necessary. They shouldn't just make them to appease the people that are calling for diversity. That's pretty stupid.

They shouldn't rush them out for that reason, they should make them only if they have a great story to tell. I say they take their time on both to make sure they're perfect.

In the meantime, they can introduce BP in Avengers or Cap 3, and they can intro Carol in Guardians

I'm not calling for it for the sake of calling for it, just saying others will. As an Asian American, if all I get in the MCU is Melinda May, I can live with that.

I'm not calling for it for the sake of calling for it, just saying others will. As an Asian American, if all I get in the MCU is Melinda May, I can live with that.
Yeah i understand. Diversity in CBMs is a huge deal nowadays. People that don't even care about comic books or CBMs are suddenly passionately/angrily caring about the diversity in CBMs and comic books.

It's the in thing.

I am expecting at least one Asian/Asian American actor for Dr. Strange as the Ancient One. He may even get more screentime that Hogun and Jim Morita put together, hell Melinda does. I was disappointed at the lack of screentime for each, but then came Agents of SHIELD and Melinda May.

Yes, I know that Chloe Bennett (Skye) is half Asian, but that's not how she's been portrayed on Agents of SHIELD.

As for Black Panther, the black blog website Shadow and Act (which I go often as a curiosity) will be enraged if the film isn't announced or the film is announced and white filmmakers are involved in the writing and directing of the movie, due to that blog's anger at white people telling black stories (they threw a fit when Get on Up was made by white folks, one of whom was Mick Jagger).

Dont care if it's made by white people. Shame with Michael Fassbender isnt a "black story" but it is told by a black director. Batman isnt a British story but it's told by a British actor

I think that's a big part of the problem. Labeling things black stories, white stories, etc. Black movies, white movies.

It really just limits things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back