Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao:

I love reading Poe, but he wrote gruesome tales of death and murder and he was an alcoholic who died at the age of 40.

I wouldn't take a lot of life lessons from Poe.

He's not the originator of the quote just one of the famous people attributed to saying it along with Benjamin Franklin.

He's not the originator of the quote just one of the famous people attributed to saying it along with Benjamin Franklin.

Benjamin Franklin liked to have intimate relations with old ladies, and by all accounts he really liked him some old ladies.

Please stop trying to get me to emulate people with weird sex lives.

Of course he was. Disney isn't going to hand one of their biggest franchises over to someone so emotionally unstable. If this guy can't handle a "realistic, grounded, real world" (aka low budget) superhero franchise the studio barely cares about how is he supposed to manage a massive tentpole property like Star Wars?

Also it's unsurprising to note that the very same people downplaying the original reports of Tranq's man-child behaviour are still hard at work trying to convince someone (anyone?) that this project didn't come off the rails ages ago. Points for persistence.

I still think part of if not most the reason Disney hired the guy was to p*** off Fox in the first place.

If the facts are all untrue and him and Kinberg are the Godfather's of each other's kids all of a sudden and Fox loves the guy so much and this film is going to be great then why hasn't Fox named him for the second film yet????

Last edited:
I still think part of the reason Disney hired the guy was to p*** off Fox in the first place.

If the fact are all untrue and him and Kinberg are the Godfather's of each other's kids all of a sudden and Fox loves the guy some much and this film is going to be great then why hasn't Fox named him for the second film yet????

Trank wants to do an original project next. That's why he quit Star Wars. :o

Trank wants to do an original project next. That's why he quit Star Wars. :o

No time for a sequel THAT HE TOTALLY WANTS TO DO AND WOULD DO IN A HEARTBEAT BECAUSE IT'S ABSOLUTELY HIS CHOICE 100% when you're doing a personal, original project.

Alas.

yeah.. if trank says he "left" Star Wars due to fan pressure *eye roll* you can sure as hell bet he's not coming back for a F4 sequel

Today a Hollywood studio announced their decision to move forward on a film based on a One Direction fan fiction. They should hire Josh Trank. He already has experience in doing a film about ******* the Fantastic Four.

Today a Hollywood studio announced their decision to move forward on a film based on a One Direction fan fiction. They should hire Josh Trank. He already has experience in doing a film about ******* the Fantastic Four.

eyLc1tO.gif

:lmao:

Wow. I recommend checking out Devin Faraci's Twitter feed for a GREAT example of biased Hollywood film coverage. Josh Trank doesn't have naked pool parties with teenage boys, therefore he's aces!

EDIT: Well what do you know, ANOTHER person associated with The Hollywood Reporter sticking to their guns on Trank being fired from Star Wars!

Kim Masters – ‏@kimmasters

"None of those facts were true" seems like a Freudian slip: Josh Trank on why he left 'Star Wars'

She is the one who wrote the article. You don't expect her to defend it?

Her reputation is on the line just like Trank's reputation.

Trank needs to shut up and let Kinberg and the cast handle the PR. So all the facts were false except for the ones which were true and those were spun in a negative way? How does that statement make logical sense.

Trank is now saying that he doesn't want to do another big studio film and that's why he left Star Wars after THR said otherwise? Seriously? Why can't Fox's marketing team put a gag order on Trank and have the marketing team focus on the film itself instead of Trank?

Seriously, this is turning into a bash Trank topic instead of discussing the Fantastic Four movie.

News about the film was just posted a page ago, but we are still talking about Trank and Star Wars conspiracy.

If you want to bash Trank? Create a topic about him. Or go to the Star Wars forum to talk about this.

How far does this need go?

The Trank firing is directly connected to this film, as are the rumors about his behavior during production, his behavior during the promotion window, and his reaction to the pressure of handling this film.

John Campea and the rest of the AMC crew buy Trank's obvious PR statement.

[YT]/watch?v=B5WG35JY2-0[/YT]

The Trank firing is directly connected to this film, as are the rumors about his behavior during production, his behavior during the promotion window, and his reaction to the pressure of handling this film.

It's more connected to Star Wars than anything else and Disney's and his choices.

The last couple of pages have become an all out bash fest against him, especially by you.

Seriously, it has gone overboard at this point.

The hatred towards Trank is way over the top now but I'd hardly call the Star Wars firing a conspiracy. It's very reasonable to believe that he was fired. The studios never admit to firing talent so it is ridiculous to expect them to admit such a thing in this case.

And I'm not one to just believe any and every rumor nor do I believe everything in the Hollywood Reporter but I do believe he was fired from Star Wars and I do believe 4Stick was a super tough and messy shoot for everyone involved. Maybe it's another Mad Max and will rock and maybe it isn't. We will see.

Last edited:
Yeah, being fired because of your behavior during production of a Fantastic Four movie isn't relevant to a Fantastic Four discussion at all. :o

Though if we're looking for some other talking points, how 'bout that stuff about the writer of the novel Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter confirming that he was an uncredited writer on this film, taking credit for writing the draft that "turned Johnny black", and pissing off original writer Jeremy Slater, who revealed some dreadful dialogue from the first draft and then had to delete it? Oh wait, that confirms the rumor about this film having tons of writers, and God forbid we say anything that shows the production wasn't sunshine and daisies...

The hatred towards Trank is way over the top now but I'd hardly call the Star Wars firing a conspiracy. It's very reasonable to believe that he was fired. The studios never admit to firing talent so it is ridiculous to expect them to admit such a thing in this case.

And I'm not one to just believe any and every rumor nor do I believe everything in the Hollywood Reporter but I do believe he was fired from Star Wars and I do believe 4Stick was a super tough and messy shoot for everyone involved. Maybe it's another Mad Max and will rock and maybe it isn't. We will see.

The voice of reason :up: :up:

Well, I for one am hoping for a good film. I'm going with low expectations. Win/Win for me.

Yeah, being fired because of your behavior during production of a Fantastic Four movie isn't relevant to a Fantastic Four discussion at all. :o

But you have to realize how toxic many of you have turned. Look at how eagerly many of you went to believing freaking 4chan.

I don't blame many of the FF fans for not wanting to see the movie. But at a certain point, you just need to walk away.

I think he was fired more because they saw he was in way over his head with FF, they had to spend alot of money doing months of reshoots based on unusable footage. Kinberg is the producer on both projects, you put 2 and 2 together, they didn't want to deal with the headache of hand holding a guy who wasn't cut out to do big budget movies.

My guess is they sat down and came up with a decision that let him "save face" rather than out and out fired him, but let's be honest about one thing, his removal from Star Wars was not voluntary.

The one thing no one is mentioning is the lack of appearance at the Star Wars celebration, and what appears to be a huge lie, to excuse his presence.

Though if we're looking for some other talking points, how 'bout that stuff about the writer of the novel Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter confirming that he was an uncredited writer on this film, taking credit for writing the draft that "turned Johnny black", and pissing off original writer Jeremy Slater, who revealed some dreadful dialogue from the first draft and then had to delete it? Oh wait, that confirms the rumor about this film having tons of writers, and God forbid we say anything that shows the production wasn't sunshine and daisies...

The notion of a film having a ton of writers is not new to Hollywood. Hell, wasn't there reports of Joss Whedon ghost writing Thor 2?

If you applied the saying I wrote about earlier you'd question if there was even a fire there to begin with.

Yeah, and I'd probably burn to death while insisting that everything is fine.
Use your head man. Rumors circling from various sources for months, radio silence from the studio, Trank mysteriously stepping away from his Star Wars gig, Fox themselves admitting that were bumps in the road...
And like Tony Stark just mentioned, his mysterious absence from the star wars celebration panel because of a "flu" which turned out to be a lie...
All that paints a pretty clear picture but if you want to deny what is painfully clear to continue defending this movie for whatever reason, be my guest. It's clear as day some of you are so set on believing that everything is dandy with this production that nothing less than Trank coming to your doorstep and personally telling you, "I screwed up" will change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"