Fast 8 - Part 1

$98 million is pretty good for this franchise. It wasn't until Furious 7 that it started breaking $300 million domestically. That was also the first one to break over a billion. Fast 6 did only $788 million worldwide. Fast 5 did like $626 million.

$98 million is pretty good for this franchise. It wasn't until Furious 7 that it started breaking $300 million domestically. That was also the first one to break over a billion. Fast 6 did only $788 million worldwide. Fast 5 did like $626 million.
It opened strangely similar to Fast 6.

Yeah, but Fast 6 opened on Memorial Day weekend in 2013. So it got a bit of a boost. Furious 8 will be pretty much done domestically come Memorial Day.

I thought the movie was pretty decent. Then the ending made it one of my favorites.

I'd love a spinoff of the
Shaw
family.

Yeah, but Fast 6 opened on Memorial Day weekend in 2013. So it got a bit of a boost. Furious 8 will be pretty much done domestically come Memorial Day.
This opened Easter Weekend, which I believe Furious 7 opened, and did 150m. So the money is there.

Yeah like TDK, it was a good movie on its own but a high profile death before release will always get people interested in seeing how the final product turned out.

Well either way, these numbers are still pretty good for the franchise, but we'll see how it does in subsequent weeks.

Finally got around to seeing it. I've been a fan of the franchise since day one, but what was interesting about this film is I didn't care about any of the F&F characters. Hobbs and the Shaws were the winners here. Honestly, the F&F crew could have been written out and it still probably would have been a very similar movie. I felt like the original characters were cameos almost. What Statham and Johnson brought to the table overwhelmed the F&F storyline and characters. That's not a bad thing, but they should spin those guys off into their own films fi they want to keep telling the Torreto stories.

Yeah like TDK, it was a good movie on its own but a high profile death before release will always get people interested in seeing how the final product turned out.
That doesn't explain the TDKR opening being similar and the ridiculous legs of TDK. It wasn't a death that got the big opening for TDK. It was the rave reviews for the sequel to a movie that sold incredibly well on home media and had really good legs in theaters.

TDK wasn't simply a good movie. It is arguably the movie of its decade all things considered, and all time beloved film. Its still the standard for superhero flicks.

Last edited:
Holy sh**. It all makes sense.

Or team knight rider

C7tiS2AVwAAB0cU.jpg:large

Knight rider is a universal property too

Scott Eastwood is supposed to be the new Brian I guess.

Can't remember who said it here, but it really is just a M.A.S.K. movie.

I'm glad they showed Roman being capable of actually taking out bad guys instead of just whining all the time.

I just saw one TV spot where The Rock told his crew to save the earth.

They really are M.A.S.K now

Last edited:
This was a fun movie but like most of the movies in this franchise, it had plenty of dumb stuff. Like how Hobbs and Letty have superpowers, for one. But I was never bored. I liked Charlize Theron's character. I'd actually like her to remain the big bad (or at least one of them) through the end of the franchise.

But what bothered me was [BLACKOUT]everyone accepting Shaw as their buddy like he didn't do anything wrong to them. Maybe if he didn't kill Han. But even I admit, the stuff with him and the baby was hilarious.[/BLACKOUT]

I liked it enough, but I wouldn't say it was as good as 5 or 7.

I loved the movie. I can't wait for 9 and 10 to wrap up the saga.

"wrap up the saga."

Haha, that's a good one. :o

I think 9 and 10 will in fact be the last of the "Vin Diesel and co." saga. But you better bet your bottom dollar they will waste no time either rebooting or continuing the series with a brand new cast after Diesel, Rodriguez, Rock etc. walk away.

I think 9 and 10 will in fact be the last of the "Vin Diesel and co." saga. But you better bet your bottom dollar they will waste no time either rebooting or continuing the series with a brand new cast after Diesel, Rodriguez, Rock etc. walk away.

They technically tried that with 2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift.

The next noticeable difference will be when Chris Morgan is no longer attached.

They won't dare go back to the "rice burner" street racing culture that started the franchise. Too many other flicks have done it now. They're an action cartoon series now.

Pay Morgan however much it takes to keep him as the writer of this whole universe.

Oh, he didn't even get a mention.

To be fair, Moritz and Morgan swear that answers are coming concerning that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"