Fast 8 - Part 1

To be fair, Moritz and Morgan swear that answers are coming concerning that.

I'm guessing that means that [BLACKOUT]they're going to show that Han survived to truly absolve Shaw of his sins. :whatever: If they do that, they might as well bring back Gisele too. [/BLACKOUT]

I'm glad to see that you guys enjoyed the movie. I'm going to wait till it hits Blu ray.

If they go the twin brother route with Han, it will be stupider than Letty's amnesia.

what're we thinking, it has a shot at $1b this weekend with those numbers?

Could be considering all that's coming out is The Promise and Unforgettable.

It'll sit comfortably until Guardians Vol. 2 hits.

I saw it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, it gave me exactly what I want from a Fast & Furious movie, huge set pieces, fun banter, outlandish spectacle and a lot of fun. :D

The whole Han thing makes the Shaw stuff a little awkward but it did lead to some fun banter between Deckard and Hobbs, and their prison break fight sequence was some entertaining over the top ass whoopery.

At this point Dom is pretty much invincible, and after riffing on Superman in 6 he was in Batman mode in 8, his contingency plans that are set in motion throughout are impossibly slick, but I thought they made the right choice to not even pretend he'd gone rogue and tell the story from both his side and the rest of teams side, his scene with Letty in the alley in New York was particularly good.

Charlize was fantastic as Cypher, her scenes with Dom were great and she was the best Bond villain in years, smokin' hot and ruthlessly cold! I'm glad she escaped, I expect her to return in 9 and maybe even 10.

I love Kurt Russell as Mr. Nobody. :D His humour is funny and he plays well off everyone. Scott Eastwood also made a solid addition to things and I think he'll do well.

The big ice chase sequence in Russia (Iceland I think?) did not disapopint, so many crazy moments and stunts, an instant classic for the series! :applaud I also thought the New York sequence was crazy with Dom in Terminator mode and outmanouvering his team.

Just keep 'em coming Vin and co! :D

8.5/10

Can we just appreciate how Vin was acting his ass off during his scenes with Charlize.

I GOT NO CHOICE. CUS IM ALONE

:oldrazz:

Hey, that's our Dom.

I'm still wondering exactly how far this will go. We know a billion is a lock at this point, but exactly how far past a billion will it travel?

Domestic: $120,352,670 17.6%
+ Foreign: $565,100,000 82.4%
= Worldwide: $685,452,670

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=furious8.htm

Isn't it funny how in 5 days, this film has almost topped the entire WW BOX of FF6? Of course, there are still around $100 million to go, but it's just a matter of days at this point.

Just shows how much the franchise has expanded just from the last 2 films.

This'll probably come close to F7's BO intake it seems. I say 1.3 bill.

This'll probably come close to F7's BO intake it seems. I say 1.3 bill.

It'll be very tough. F8 will drop hard from wk2 onwards everywhere. It's already showing huge drops during the weekdays and this weekend it'll probably finish with 36-38 million at best. That would mean a drop of almost 64%. Even in China, F8 is heavily frontloaded and is dropping big. Also take into account that GotG Vol.2 is opening in major Int'l markets in a few days so that'll hurt as well. I would say F8 makes [1.07-1.09] Billion WW.

Oh damn, I had no idea,it was dropping like that. 64%?! Isnt that like a Power Rangers level drop?

Isn't it funny how in 5 days, this film has almost topped the entire WW BOX of FF6? Of course, there are still around $100 million to go, but it's just a matter of days at this point.

Just shows how much the franchise has expanded just from the last 2 films.

Like you said, WW box office performance of the F&F franchise has grown over the years but F8's domestic BO performance will probably decline.

Adjusted for inflation, F7 - 363m, F6 - 250m, F5 - 227m.

Right nao, F8 looks good for [220m-225m] in domestic markets.

Oh damn, I had no idea,it was dropping like that. 64%?! Isnt that like a Power Rangers level drop?

I think the drop will be closer to 62% but yes, it'll drop big.

It's nothing new for the franchise tho. F7 dropped 59.5% and F6 dropped 63.9% on their 2nd weekend.

Huge drops are what usually happen for virtually all blockbusters, some just hold better than others. That said, I can see F7 maybe falling between $1.2-$1.3 billion...unless those drops end up being even more drastic than predicted.

It'll be very tough. F8 will drop hard from wk2 onwards everywhere. It's already showing huge drops during the weekdays and this weekend it'll probably finish with 36-38 million at best. That would mean a drop of almost 64%. Even in China, F8 is heavily frontloaded and is dropping big. Also take into account that GotG Vol.2 is opening in major Int'l markets in a few days so that'll hurt as well. I would say F8 makes [1.07-1.09] Billion WW.
Nah. The hard weekday drops are do to school still being in. The weekend will do fine. It will be heavily frontloaded, but it is going to do at least 1.2bil WW. IT would be a minor miracle for it to not do a billion internationally or over 200m domestically at this point. So yeah, it should do 1.2bil easily. Probably 1.3bil.

Maybe a chance for a really good one again?

We've seen those movies already with Jason Statham. They were called The Transporter.

Huge drops are what usually happen for virtually all blockbusters, some just hold better than others. That said, I can see F7 maybe falling between $1.2-$1.3 billion...unless those drops end up being even more drastic than predicted.

I think you meant F8. :oldrazz: :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"