Fast 8 - Part 1

Just saw this in IMAX. Gotta say I had the best time watching it. Made me wanna cheer a few times. I definitely liked it more than 7 I think. The drone finale of the last one was a bit of a let down.
I think most folks were let down by Furious 7's drone showdown. Even Neal Moritz, on an interview a couple of weeks ago, said that he didn't like it, looking back on it.

Watched this with the family and thought it was ok. I'm pretty much burned out on the whole Toretto Family thing and can't stand looking or hearing Michelle Rodriguez over acting. I kept asking myself how the hell did boy street racers turn into an all-world super covert military action special forces unit? 5.9/10

The Rock and Stathom had a lot of great on screen chemistry. Would've much rather watched them for 2 hours try take out Cypher. Looking forward to their spinoff....

Okay, dammit. What I want to know is....
How does Deckard Shaw get nominally brought onto "the team" when he was retconned as being responsible for Han's death? Booooo..... :mad:

This is Empire - level forgetful of a previous subplot.

Ah well. I enjoyed this craziness, regardless.

Hobbs and Shaw's escape from the prison was intense, though I figured it was rigged.

The Cuba sequence was beautiful. Makes me even more aggravated that I don't have a snowball's chance of going myself and introducing myself to as many women as possible.

Is there anything that Tej can't gadget his way out of? Heh.

I wonder how much CGI and how many real cars got used and trashed in the NYC cavalcade sequence. I suppose this probably doesn't do much for convincing people that automatic-driving cars are a good thing. ;)

I don't suppose there's any point in thinking about the people who were maimed and/or possibly "killed" during Dom's heel-turn activities. Doesn't really count when you're brainwashed, right? :p

Helen Mirren? Um, oh-kay.... just what is her character's backstory? British Mafia? I guess we'll find out next time? I guess Owen Shaw will be back, too. Eh.. I'm a little weary of the Juggernauting of the bad buys in the saga. Bah... (did I just coin a word? Hmm..)

So is Hobbs married? His daughter's mom never comes up. I guess it doesn't matter. So was that Samoan war chant authentic?

Elsa Pataky, at least I still have part 5 & 6 to admire you in... sigh..

A gunfight with a baby in tow? What the blue $&!%...

The submarine chase/climax was worth forgiving the goofy ways that people got out of trouble. Roman's damn near bulletproof, it seems, or all the goons were terribly bad shots on the open ice... ;)

Hopefully the next one will start filming ASAP.

So I guess Kurt Russell's Nobody is the "M" figure from now on, eh? I guess Scott Eastwood will be "brought up to speed" with the rest of the guys by next movie and become more of a co-partner and more heroic. At the risk of being inflammatory, I can see the studio wanting a youngish white guy to be more in the mix after Walker's passing.

Still wish Paul Walker was still here, but it's fair enough that Brian and Mia are 'retired' from the saga..

Next time, more Nathalie Emanuel, please. Much, much more. Please. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

This is what you can buy with ''fast and furious side character '' money boom
[YT]f_QqlaFa3xQ[/YT]

Bloody hell, not too far off a billion already.

Probably won't make it to $300 million domestic though.

Probably won't make it to $300 million domestic though.
It won't be close to $300m. Won't get to $250m. Movie is incredibly front loaded. Kind of shocked by how much so. Wonder if it does have 300m WW left in the tank.

I think it probably tops out at $240 million-ish domestic. That's not great, but it's going to do insane numbers overseas.

I think it probably tops out at $240 million-ish domestic. That's not great, but it's going to do insane numbers overseas.
Looking at it next to Fast 6, I am thinking 230m-235m domestically. Should easily do a billion overseas.

Not sure how they can keep affording all these actors' salaries though, even with all that money.

Not sure how they can keep affording all these actors' salaries though, even with all that money.
I am sure they can find was. One of the reason they handle the director's chair the way they do.

i must admit, this was the most fun i've had at the movies in sometime

I think this is one of those movies that you should watch with your friend/group of friends/bf/gf etc. I think that enhances the experience, especially if you watch with a large crowd.

A chunk of them can but not all of them can earn that kind of money or get that kind of exposure on other projects.

It has to hit that sweet 1 bil spot soon.

And boom goes the dynamite.

a-lot-of-money.gif

tumblr_nednt5uM3j1sj0guco1_500.gif

:sly:

I think this is one of those movies that you should watch with your friend/group of friends/bf/gf etc. I think that enhances the experience, especially if you watch with a large crowd.

As opposed to watching it by yourself in some dark, dank basement?

Crazy at how much money this thing has made in such a short space of time.

Prior to the release, I truly didn't think this would be a billion dollar movie. Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"