FF 2 Rate and Review Thread

Hey, if Surfer cured his little metal issue, how did he still have his electricity powers?:confused:

That was another thing that confused me through out the whole movie.

I may be mistaken, but when he zapped the soldiers, his hands were lit up, and it looked like he still had the metal under his skin. Like when his hand healed, it looked like the skin was going over the metal, not the metal going away.

Hey.....Isildur´s Heir .....I just deleted your post (I had nothing to do with the one you were complaining about yesterday)....it had nothing to do with your opinion of the movie (for those who can't figure it out...he hated it)....I deleted the post, because you couldn't seem to write a review about a movie without attacking, belittleing, and name calling anyone who felt different from you, and because of some of the profane terms you used.

Write a review without the crudeness and rudeness....and it'll stay up.

ok

FF2 plain sucks and is plain ******ed.
How is that?

And for the record i didn´t named called anyone.
And what happend to this place?

I may be mistaken, but when he zapped the soldiers, his hands were lit up, and it looked like he still had the metal under his skin. Like when his hand healed, it looked like the skin was going over the metal, not the metal going away.

That's what I thought too... I thought he was still metal underneath there... could be wrong, though.

Isildur´s Heir;11878587 said:
ok

FF2 plain sucks and is plain ******ed.
How is that?

And for the record i didn´t named called anyone.
And what happend to this place?

It's still not great....using the term ******ed is offensive and juvenile.

So....peanut brained is not calling someone names....interesting.

What happened to this place....it decided that rude offensive people were not beneficial to discussions.

Okay just got back from seeing it:

Very very good. I enjoyed alot, I would say it is better than the first one: the characters are more fleshed out instead of just being focused on Ben...he as actually the least centred on, this is more Johnny's and Reed's time to shine. The Silver Surfer was really cool and Fishburne's voice worked perfectly. There were a few laugh out loud moments and you did feel sorry for Johnny instead of thinking..."dick". Doom wasn't as prominent as I would have liked although he did cause some damage. Galactus wasn't disappointing...I know shock but he wasn't just a cloud...there was something in there and I am sure I could see a face in the fire that looked suspiciously like the Galactus we were hoping to see. His "death" was a little sudden though...which brings me on to the flaws:

1) Why can't Story do long action sequences? That is one of the major problems I have, just as they are getting good they end. The Johnny Vs Doom fight near then is mint...then it ends....suddenly...LONGER ACTION PLEASE.

2) Doom should have had the Power Cosmic far longer and he looked a little silly on the surf board...he also looked like Vader :D

3) Some of the CGi is really bad. The Reed dance sequence looks so fake which is a shame.

4) NOT ENOUGH OF THE FANTASTICAR :(

5) Sue's "death" was a little pointless but it was touching.

6) Okay so is Alicia the Aunt May of these films? She doesn't shut up teaching the team morals...bleugh!

7) NOT ON LONG ENOUGH!

8) Sue pissed me of a treat in this film. She didn't shut up complaining and whining I wanted to slap her. Alba looks like a doll...but she looks nice on the photo printed in the paper.

9) Stan's cameo was disappointing, I think he should have stayed as Willie and got rejected that would have been better.

All in all some of the flaws aren't bad enough to spoil the film but it could have been far better and so I voted Above Average. It was better than the first film but no Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Hulk :-)oldrazz:) or X-Men.

Hopefully 3 will improve on the mistakes prevelant in both of these films.

7/10 :)

I saw the midnight showing and like other posters have said, never had so much fun. It was great. They got all the characters down this time. Reed especially was a huge improvement from the first. I actually felt like I was watching Reed Richards dancing and inventing. The Silver Surfer was also very well done. I think the creative desicion to make the power come from his board was a nice turn around. Maybe they can explain in his own movie/third FF that after [BLACKOUT]he destroyed Galactus' machinery (yes I am calling it machinery...more on that later)[/BLACKOUT] the board no longer serves as his power source. I also liked the cameo of Roberta and Stan.

Now for the things I didn't like. There were three major things: Doom, Johnny, and Galactus. Doom was better than the first movie in armor and personality. I still hated the way he talked. What was the first thing to come out of his mouth after he took the Surfer's power? "Nice" Other than some lines and the lack of screen time in the armor, I enjoyed the new and improved Doom. Let's hope that they take a break from him in 3 and give us the Doom that we all know and love in 4. They are getting closer.

Next is Johnny. It isn't the character that I didn't like, it is the fact that they didn't work together to defeat Doom in the end. They gave all their powers to Johnny. They are a team, they should have fought like one.

Finally Galactus. A cloud. Why? I like to think it was for budget reasons and not a creative decision but I am not sure. I also like to think that the cloud was his machinery and we just never really saw Galactus. Hopefully we see him in the Silver Surfer movie and when I say him, I actually mine the big alien humanoid Galactus.

Overall I thought the film was excellent. 9.5/10

Next is Johnny. It isn't the character that I didn't like, it is the fact that they didn't work together to defeat Doom in the end. They gave all their powers to Johnny. They are a team, they should have fought like one.

Well they did fight as one ;)

I got back from seeing the film a few hours ago. I was going to write a long indepth review but decided there's no point - everyone will have their own opinion on the film and hearing mine won't change that. So I'll keep it short and sweet.

I loved it.

It was epic, dramatic, funny in the right places, romantic at times...

I think the thing I'm most happy about is Ioan as Mr.Fantastic, he finally stood up and delivered. For me, he WAS Reed Richards.

I'm off to see it again tonight...

I honestly have no idea why this movie has got such bad reviews over at Rotten Tomatoes. For me, it was almost flawless.

bad movie... but a great set-up for the silver surfer.

Bad:
1. hideously looking alba with her terrible acting... her make-up stylist needs to be shot.Alba looked blinder than the blind girl.

2. every scene with doom was copy/pasted from the first movie.

3. the ONE time the fantastic four gets to fight doom... the human torch does it all.

4. MASSIVE plot holes.

5. too corny and cheesy.(when they are discussing after the battle that "this is who we are...blah blah blah") ,the reed dancing, way to many jokes every five minutes..... even though the world is about to end.And of course the blind girl taking aunt mays role in this movie.

6. terrible script... need i say more..lol

GOOD:

1. the surfer looked SUPER real when he wasnt...silver.lol

2.everything about silver sufer was great.

3/10

I got back from seeing the film a few hours ago. I was going to write a long indepth review but decided there's no point - everyone will have their own opinion on the film and hearing mine won't change that. So I'll keep it short and sweet.

I loved it.

It was epic, dramatic, funny in the right places, romantic at times...

I think the thing I'm most happy about is Ioan as Mr.Fantastic, he finally stood up and delivered. For me, he WAS Reed Richards.

I'm off to see it again tonight...

I honestly have no idea why this movie has got such bad reviews over at Rotten Tomatoes. For me, it was almost flawless.

Thats why you make up your own mind.....good for you....:cwink:

I'd say Average. The geek in me wants to say Above Average, but with biases aside, I can't give it higher than that.

When I left out, the movie felt like a lot of material was cut out of the final edit. From what I've gathered, this is true that several scenes were deleted. A few of these missing scenes were even shown in the trailers, but I didn't see them in the movie. The 90 minute running time actually, did not make the film feel short. The end result of this is that you have a short film, that didn't feel short, but at the expense of condensing the story and speeding past plot details and character development that could've made some difference in the long run (see X-Men and X-Men the Last Stand).

The movie actually had a lot of heart. What I noticed about halfway through watching the movie is that there were a lot of moments where the characters are just talking to one another having real conversations (with the occasional gag). There was a lot of nice acting by the main cast (especially Ioan Gruffudd, doing a very good job as Reed), also by Andre Braugher, and also by Fish as the voice of the Surfer and of course Doug Jones.

The main problem that I had with the movie was the Doom plotline. The movie was going really well until he started popping up here and there. His "revival" and "restoration" needed more emphasis. The portrayal of the Doom character seemed a little flat, but I guess he's become a bit more like his comic self at the same time. I really didn't even care too much about where the character ends or doesn't end up by the end of the movie, but there should have been a better wrapping up with him. Not quite enough time was built upon creating a cohesive interweaving of Doom into the story with the Surfer and the F4. Plot devices just popped up when they seemed convenient and there were several other minor details I felt, needed polishing. These small moments could have made the movie feel a lot better upon multiple viewings.

It was also just a tad bit too campy when it didn't have to be and the action scenes weren't as memorable as the first movie. This could be attributed to the PG rating. Even without it, some scenes felt a bit too unconventionally whimsical, safe, and a bit goofy. The comedy in the movie hits and misses, but, it actually hits most of the time (mostly coming from Chiklis and Evans). There's one joke in the movie that really had me laughing out loud. The CGI was pretty good for the most part, but also cringeworthy at times (bachelor party with Reed). Pretty much every time the Surfer was on-screen, those were the best moments of the movie for me. The SFX for him were fantastic. OMG, no pun intended!

Unlike some other comic book movies, this one felt very epic to me as a Fantastic Four movie should. I mean, it felt very down to its roots and I hope people can realize this. So, if you didn't like the first movie that much, you'll probably be disappointed here. If you liked the first movie, well, you can either go in with expectations high and be disappointed, or go in expecting the worse (like I did), and come out with half a smile.

6.5/10

-TNC

It is what it is. It wasn't trying to be some deep emotional journey, and epically failing (I'm looking at you webhead). It's just a nice summer adventure that has fun and doesn't pretend it's something it's not. They fixed a lot of problems I had with the original film (Doom), and handled the Surfer extremely well. I'd love to see a Surfer origin film now (looks like we will).

More good than bad reviews so far, much better reaction than FF1 was getting much much better.:yay:

Side Note: Why make the poll Poor to Excellent instead of 1-10? Just a question.:ninja:

Just saw it.

I was dissapointed with Doom. Doom taking the mask off was lame. Doom got treated like crap again.
He falls into a river? Did he drown or what?

Galactus was also lame. Bleh. A Cloud, how boring.

Too much talking in this film and not enough action.

I loved the Surfer. Action scenes where great but we did see most of them in the trailers and tv spots.

Reed was better in this movie.

Some good moments with Johnny and Sue.

Comic moments were funny.

I still prefered the first FF.

yeah im seeing it again...

now i know what to expect lol

pretty good, needed more action should have been PG13,

surfer was perfect.

Dooms armor was pretty cool.

Just saw it.

I was dissapointed with Doom. Doom taking the mask off was lame. Doom got treated like crap again.
He falls into a river? Did he drown or what?

No, you see him obviously flailing around after he's knocked into the ocean. He's just put out of comission for the time being, that's all. I liked that. I liked seeing a bad guy get temporarily defeated, but knowing that he's still out there to strike again - not killed off.

Okay just got back from seeing it:

4) NOT ENOUGH OF THE FANTASTICAR :(

5) Sue's "death" was a little pointless but it was touching.

6) Okay so is Alicia the Aunt May of these films? She doesn't shut up teaching the team morals...bleugh!

9) Stan's cameo was disappointing, I think he should have stayed as Willie and got rejected that would have been better.

7/10 :)

I was really hoping there would be more of the Fantasticar...I loved it. I did wonder, however how Sue and Ben knew how to pilot the cars instantly. I felt it was sort of wrong for Reed to just break them up w/o giving them the lessons on how to drive the thing (maybe I missed something). :p

Alicia was great in this film, and yes, she was there mostly to give advice, but I'm glad her role was expanded.

Stan Lee's cameo had me cracking up. The whole audience laughed too, but it did sort of take me out of the moment. He should've played the same character from the first film, since Willie had a line in the first film.

5. too corny and cheesy.(when they are discussing after the battle that "this is who we are...blah blah blah") ,the reed dancing, way to many jokes every five minutes..... even though the world is about to end.And of course the blind girl taking aunt mays role in this movie.

Yeah, that "this is who we are" and the final wedding scene were very cheesy to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"