FF 2 Rate and Review Thread

Stan Lee's cameo had me cracking up. The whole audience laughed too, but it did sort of take me out of the moment. He should've played the same character from the first film, since Willie had a line in the first film.

Yeah, I wish they'd just had him playing Willie again. It's weird to have the same guy play two different characters in the same franchise, even if the roles are small...

No, you see him obviously flailing around after he's knocked into the ocean. He's just put out of comission for the time being, that's all. I liked that. I liked seeing a bad guy get temporarily defeated, but knowing that he's still out there to strike again - not killed off.

Yep, the Yangtze can't keep Doom down.......:woot:

Just got back. I thought it was MUCH better than the first movie, although Doom was still a miss and Galactus wasn't actually in the movie. Other than that, I thought it was great. :up:

reedsue2.jpg

Was this in the movie? Because I sure don't remember it anywhere...

Paid for SM3 and saw this piece of crap "Fantastic Four" movie. It's unbelievable first how little anyone involved cares about the source material and the fans, and second it's actually going to make money.

Nothing worked except for the Silver Surfer and he's barely in it enough to care.

Even for the FF movie apologists and lovers, you have to admit you expected more.

Even for the FF movie apologists and lovers, you have to admit you expected more.

I didn't. They nailed the FF perfectly. They nailed the tone - lighter than most superhero films, with lots of family dynamic back-and-forth snaps. They almost nailed Doom (although I'm still not crazy about him having the American accent). They nailed the Surfer.

Galactus they didn't nail, but I'm not sure how they could've in the context of this movie, as I've already said. Maybe it's for the best that they didn't go there. Or maybe the movie should've been over two hours so they could really extensively go there. But I guess Fox wanted to keep the budget down.

I hated the first, but they won me back.

The highlight for me of this film was just watching the FF live their lives, and not fighting crime. I felt that Tim really nailed this aspect of the FF. The scene where Reed and Sue talk about leaving the team (and Reed said he could go into teaching) was straight from the comics. I think it was a nice equal balance of characterization and action 50/50. It was also nice to see Sue and Johnny show some love. They had great chemistry. So great, it seemed like Sue was going to make out with Johnny at one point :p

Bishop, I think a series of 'special photography' photos with the yellow lighting were taken on that set (Siberia, I believe). I don't think it's a missing scene from the movie.

anyone else notice... the only guy killed in the movie was black

and the blind girl had to be black...

for a black director... tim really hates black people... lol

HI GUYS, I JUST GOT BACK FROM SEEING THE MOVIE, IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME, I LOVED IT!!!:eek: IT HAD ALL THE ELEMENTS OF THE COMICS, THE FAMILY ASPECT, THE RELATIONSHIPS, THE ACTION, IT WAS JUST A FUN RIDE!!! WHEN THE SURFER IS GOING UP AGAINST GALACTUS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE, ALL BE IT, FOR A BRIEF SECOND, THE TWO HORN THINGS ON HIS HELMET AND WHEN THE SURFER SAYS HIS LINE TO HIM, YOU CAN CLEARLY BUT FAINTLY HEAR A GRUMBLING EVIL LAUGH, I HAD A GEEKGASM, IT WAS JUST COOL!!!:eek: EVERY BODY DID A FANTASTIC:oldrazz: JOB, DOOM WAS DEFINATELY DOOM, REED WAS THE MAN, AND IT WAS JUST GREAT!!! I'M GOING BACK TO SEE IT AGAIN TOMORROW, FOR NOW I'M GONNA PLAY THE NEW GAME TO TIDE ME OVER, GO SEE IT, IT'S AWESOME!!! 9.5/10:eek::D:up:

The highlight for me of this film was just watching the FF live their lives, and not fighting crime. I felt that Tim really nailed this aspect of the FF. The scene where Reed and Sue talk about leaving the team (and Reed said he could go into teaching) was straight from the comics. I think it was a nice equal balance of characterization and action 50/50. It was also nice to see Sue and Johnny show some love. They had great chemistry. So great, it seemed like Sue was going to make out with Johnny at one point :p

LMAO.....omg.............I haven't spit my coke on the screen in months....

DANG IT A1...........lol

^ I thought they were gonna kiss for sure at the end there... the way Evans was looking lovingly into her eyes... :wow:

I liked it. I never liked the fantastic four, but i really enjoyed the movie. the surfer was so cool, and i found myself wishing it was a bit longer.

I liked it. I never liked the fantastic four, but i really enjoyed the movie. the surfer was so cool, and i found myself wishing it was a bit longer.

I did as well......:yay:

I thought the first movie was kinda meh so I wasn't expecting anything too amazing....but WOW! This film was great! I was very pleasantly surprised and happy I went. I don't think I can think of anything they could have done better. :D

HI GUYS, I JUST GOT BACK FROM SEEING THE MOVIE, IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME, I LOVED IT!!!:eek: IT HAD ALL THE ELEMENTS OF THE COMICS, THE FAMILY ASPECT, THE RELATIONSHIPS, THE ACTION, IT WAS JUST A FUN RIDE!!! WHEN THE SURFER IS GOING UP AGAINST GALACTUS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE, ALL BE IT, FOR A BRIEF SECOND, THE TWO HORN THINGS ON HIS HELMET AND WHEN THE SURFER SAYS HIS LINE TO HIM, YOU CAN CLEARLY BUT FAINTLY HEAR A GRUMBLING EVIL LAUGH, I HAD A GEEKGASM, IT WAS JUST COOL!!!:eek: EVERY BODY DID A FANTASTIC:oldrazz: JOB, DOOM WAS DEFINATELY DOOM, REED WAS THE MAN, AND IT WAS JUST GREAT!!! I'M GOING BACK TO SEE IT AGAIN TOMORROW, FOR NOW I'M GONNA PLAY THE NEW GAME TO TIDE ME OVER, GO SEE IT, IT'S AWESOME!!! 9.5/10:eek::D:up:

Best Review ever!! LOL

I haven't seen it yet, but from what' I've read from gambitfire (page 1) and Hollow Wood Director (page 2) is that Silver Surfer losses his shiny coat, and I'm curious as to how he looks without it, but I'll wait to see it in the movie!!

I thought the first movie was kinda meh so I wasn't expecting anything too amazing....but WOW! This film was great! I was very pleasantly surprised and happy I went. I don't think I can think of anything they could have done better. :D

Glad to hear that squeeky....I remember you were unsure whether to watch it or not.

Glad to hear that squeeky....I remember you were unsure whether to watch it or not.
Yeah. Even my husband liked it and he hated the first one worse than I did. I don't know much about this film, did they have a different writer this time around? If they did, it sure showed. :D

At first he looks weird, because- I personally didn't expect that to happen and then it starts to look natural. The voice,imo, came out better through the costumed Surfer than the CGI Surfer for some reason.

This one was written by Don Payne, who has worked on The Simpsons and My Super Ex-Girlfriend (most famously - he's also worked on some sitcoms that you may or may not know, if you check his imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0668309/).

I'm glad you liked this. ;)

Er... yes? Only our genetic bond enabled me to google his credits on imdb! :D

I thought the surfer looked so sleak in the chrome, but then when we saw him later in the costume it made the whole scene feel so much more real. I guess i'm a bit old fashioned but i still like costumes over CGI.
perhaps that is why i loved hellboy and Batman Begins so much more than spider-man 1-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"