Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 4

I think Liam Hemsworth has more potential for Cyclops. He has a rugged look that'd be good even for a Sabretooth. And if he had the balls for it, Northstar.

Taylor sucked as Gambit. The studio has never consider hiring him again for that role. He only got the part because Tatum was busy at that time.
That doesn’t mean I’m on the Tatum bandwagon, but I have no problem with him playing Gambit.

Taylor didnt suck. the Director's vision sucked.
There is a huge difference.

and imho, Taylor's acting >>>>>> Tatum.

Taylor is much more natural and believeable than Channing's 90% of his work to date. He's a bit more one dimensional and "tvish" (ironically, since Taylor has done more tv work. But his tv work is much better than half Tatum's movies, no shade)

Taylor didnt suck. the Director's vision sucked.
There is a huge difference.

and imho, Taylor's acting >>>>>> Tatum.

Taylor is much more natural and believeable than Channing's 90% of his work to date. He's a bit more one dimensional and "tvish" (ironically, since Taylor has done more tv work. But his tv work is much better than half Tatum's movies, no shade)

The studio don’t see it that way.

Im with SumT. Taylor was awesome as Gambit and the best thing about a horrible film. Its a shame that he never returned bc I quite enjoyed him

Taylor sucked as Gambit. The studio has never consider hiring him again for that role. He only got the part because Tatum was busy at that time.
That doesn’t mean I’m on the Tatum bandwagon, but I have no problem with him playing Gambit.
There isnt really much of a Tatum bandwagon but if there were, you seem to be driving it

I’m not driving any bandwagon, the fact is Tatum was preferred over Taylor.

I’m not driving any bandwagon, the fact is Tatum was preferred over Taylor.

but you are. Ever since you joined, you've been trying really hard to sell this Tatum film even as it now appears futile

The studio don’t see it that way.

are we talking for ourself or as studio heads?
we all are sharing own personal opinions on each topic. Im not Fox's or Kinberg's assistant lol.

but you are. Ever since you joined, you've been trying really hard to sell this Tatum film even as it now appears futile

yeah, and pretty curious if u ask me.

Fox cast Tatum, not Taylor
This isn’t my opinion, this is fact.
Deal with it.

Gambit was fierce in Origins and he had chemistry with Hugh. If only they were appearing in an actual X-Men film instead of a Wolverine solo.

Taylor was lame as Gambit and just a joke.
I don`t want to see him as Gambit ever again.

With all the complaints about Channing Tatum aging out of the role he only has about a year in age on Taylor Kitsch.

With all the complaints about Channing Tatum aging out of the role he only has about a year in age on Taylor Kitsch.

I dont think people are saying they want to see Taylor back as Gambit; the ship has sailed on that. Most has been praise as him in the role in Origins and wishing he had played him in the other X-men films

Yeah. I liked Kitsch as Gambit, but that ship sailed long ago.

Also if they do Gambit in the mcu or if Tatum somehow gets his Gambit out as the last Foxverse film (which seems unlikely) then I hope they get the eyes right this time at least. It would probably be too much too expect Fox to adapt his classic costume, but if he gets a mix debut I could see them giving it a try at least.

The supposed announcement of a director was scapped at SDCC, Fox didn’t want to announce until filming starts in October. They didn’t want to get burned again by announcing a director to early.
The release date will move to November 22, 2019.

The supposed announcement of a director was scapped at SDCC, Fox didn’t want to announce until filming starts in October. They didn’t want to get burned again by announcing a director to early.
LOL your trolling dude.

any hint on the director than?

I hear is somebody who has worked with Tatum on another movie.
They say it going to be a big surprise.
Maybe:
Roland Emmerich
The Coen Brothers
The Wachowskis
Quentin Tarantino- the biggest surprise.

you know, a lot of us have been waiting for tatum to give us his version of gambit, a little video to tease the character, anything. If he released something good I'm sure it would get him a lot more support around here. it has been quite a few years now.

Most movies take four to seven years to come into production. Movies aren't made overnight, there is a lot of work done even before pre-production. Gambit’s problems aren’t unusual in the movie business.
The problem was this movie was announced too early to the public. Movies usually get announced when everything is ironed out. But producer Lauren Shuler Donner jumped the gun back in 2014 and announced she is making Gambit with Tatum, before Fox greenlit it and before Tatum sign on to the movie.

By her announcing the movie so early, we are hearing about all the problems that happens to most movies.

Last edited:

Sounds logical. FOX didn`t announce anything for X-Force too because production delayed to 2019.

Did you know if Sinister is still in Gambit script?

Do you really think a director can be hired for a Hollywood blockbuster without the trades getting wind of it? If they haven't announced a director it's because they don't have one.

If they had found a director they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, not trying to keep it a secret until filming starts. Literally nobody does that.:woot:

I hear is somebody who has worked with Tatum on another movie.
They say it going to be a big surprise.
Maybe:
Roland Emmerich
The Coen Brothers
The Wachowskis
Quentin Tarantino- the biggest surprise.

Gambit has lost 3 directors in 3 years, that's a very clear sign that there's a fundamental problem with the project and that it is nowhere near being ready to film.

Any director worth their salt is going to want ample time to rework and develop this, not jump on a troubled production that will only have 3 or 4 months of pre-production before filming starts. You would want to give the director about a year before filming starts, so that would be next summer (If they got a director now), which brings us to the biggest problem...

The Disney-Fox buy out will be complete before the end of the year, and Marvel won't be using anything of this project in the MCU.
Fox isn't going to pump $155m into such an underdeveloped project at the last minute when 1) it probably wouldn't be good enough to make it's money back and, 2) it has no future going forward anyway.

TL;DR - No director and the company is being bought out soon, this film is dead in the water.

No movies is made from start to finish within a years.
It take years for movie to get to filming, Gambit is no different.
Movies that is being release now started 4,5,6,7, years ago, with a lot of ups and downs, cast changes, director changes and rewrites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"