Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 4

Spoilers: This movie is not going to be anywhere near as good as Deadpool 1. Even if they do try to pull off the romantic comedy heist tone.

Spoilers: You cannot see the future so Gambit Movie can be as good as Deadpool 1.

Tries not to barf. :(
I'm tired of defending this film, But let me say this if back in 2014 or 2015 someone told me deadpool was going to be a love story I would of seriously had the same reaction you had. Same thing with wolverine 3 being a western. I would called that freaking stupid but they turned out to be amazing. I DONT THINK THIS MOVIE WILL BE MADE, but how is a gambit movie having romantic heist movie tone the wrong thing to do. Seriously someone explain to me how that's bad. I feel like people are hating on it just to hate on it. Whatever I don't care anymore I think this movie has/had potential but this movie probably won't get made anyway. I don't plan to waste further time here. There is no point in getting worked up anymore.

A Gambit movie done right would be a heist movie, not a gag worthy romance. :( That's all I'm saying.

A Gambit movie done right would be a heist movie, not a gag worthy romance. :( That's all I'm saying.
nobody is saying its going to gag worthy romance tho.Gambit IS A ROMANTIC CHARACTER. There is nothing wrong with making Gambit a more romance focused movie than your avg CBM. Kinberg already said the heist elements are still there and its comics accurate since gambit and Bella have a romance in the comics. So whats the problem with the direction again? Your trying to make a mountain out of mole hill. That's my problem with everybody's reaction. Everybody thinks this movie going to be 500 days of summer or La La Land or something. People jump to the craziest of conclusions and act outraged without reading the full news. They read the headline than start making assumptions. Kinberg already clarified what he meant twice at this point. Is Gambit a character with comedic elements? Yup of course. Is Gambit a romantic character? Yup of course. Is Gambit a thief ? Yup 100%. So yes a romantic comedic heist movie FITS Gambit 100%. How does it not exactly? Let me clarify here i'm not a fox shill or Kinberg in disguise I just Really like Gambit that's all. OK I promise now I'll stop posting here I'm seriously done.

Well, for me the bigger problem is Tatum. Is it more of a romance because that's all this shallow actor can handle? :( (And Gambit is my top favorite X-man, so I'm pretty serious about who plays him).

Well, for me the bigger problem is Tatum. Is it more of a romance because that's all this shallow actor can handle? :( (And Gambit is my top favorite X-man, so I'm pretty serious about who plays him).
Isn't Gambit the Pepé Le Pew of X-Men?

Fantomex is awesome too! Maybe because he has some similarities with Gambit. I loved their interactions in the first few issues of Uncanny X-Men.

I feel Anna Paquin and Joe Manganiello had the right chemistry for a Rogue / Gambit story. Joe's only 3 years older than Tatum.

Manganiello has the right facial features for it. Don't you think?
1430250844_luksuz-enterijer-dizajn-kuce-poznatih-domovi-poznatih-arhitektura-99.jpg

not too far from Josh Holloway's facial features (the guy they wanted for Gambit in X3)
bf89f37d86998bf88f6c351e3cbb803b.gif

Last edited:
Joe's kinda rough for Gambit, but at least he can act. :)

He wouldn't be the worst IMO although there might be better candidates. Hopefully we get an MCU Gambit within the first few films.

I think a (relatively) unknown actor would be good too. Someone who's itching to prove himself and who doesn't necessarily have to star in a solo film like Tatum seems to.

Joe's kinda rough for Gambit, but at least he can act. :)
I don't mind the roughness, but his size gives me pause. He has the physique to play Colossus. I can't really picture him as an acrobatic cat-burglar

I don't mind the roughness, but his size gives me pause. He has the physique to play Colossus. I can't really picture him as an acrobatic cat-burglar
This too. He'd make a good Beast as well. :)

You guys are right! He’s very big. I think the facial features are good though. It’s all in the eyes. Gambit smiles with the eyes, he squints a bit but you can see a bit of a glint in them, then his jaw line is a bit more defined, definitely leaner/shredded look. I feel joe has all that.

Tatum has a rounder face than the comic book version but we all know it boils down to acting skills. For Tatum to pull this off, I think he should give us a teaser the way Reynolds did with Deadpool

Last edited:
I think a (relatively) unknown actor would be good too. Someone who's itching to prove himself and who doesn't necessarily have to star in a solo film like Tatum seems to.

You sound like you have someone in mind

Rodrigo santoro also has the charm, the look and the acting skills. He may even have the right build if you watch some of his scenes in West world, his first appearance on the show as well as his nude scenes later on.

Sorry if this has been discussed....I am new here..

Shouldn't Venom's success make a Gambit movie more likely? A popular 90's character whose only previous film appearance was in a widely panned movie?

Shouldn't Venom's success make a Gambit movie more likely? A popular 90's character whose only previous film appearance was in a widely panned movie?
This thread is for the Fox Gambit film which is not looking like getting made any more. A Gambit could appear in the MCU at some point, but not sure he'd get his own movie.

What did I say that indicated I didn't know that it was about the Fox Gambit film? I didn't even mention the MCU.

I'm just saying like Gambit, Venom is a popular 90's Marvel character whose only film appearance was widely panned. Venom's solo film is doing well...so Gambit's should be able to, right?

No. Different studio. Also the success of Deadpool should have been enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"