Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 4

you guys are really sure about things that you would have no way of knowing.

Last edited:
sometimes all you gotta do is just read the tea leaves and apply common sense to things.

like thinking theres even a snowballs chance that fox's current x-men franchise will continue at any point under disney ownership..... that just isn't happening. you don't need to be a disney executive to know that.

It’s not common sense, it’s interpretation.
It’s not knowing, it’s thinking and wishing.

P.S. You do need to be a Disney executive to know what they got planned.

funny coming from someone who believes Gambit will "get off the ground" once disney takes over

based on absolutely nothing whatsover

funny coming from someone who believes Gambit will "get off the ground" once disney takes over

based on absolutely nothing whatsover
Again you are getting knowing and thinking mixed up.
I never said Gambit will get off the ground,I said I think it will have a better chance with Disney. You need the start reading more carefully.

Actually, Tatum grow up in the bayou, a Cajun accent will not be a problem.
That why he wants to play Gambit, because can relate to the character who is from the same place.

Soon as Disney takes over, this movie will get off the ground.
I don’t know man, sure doesn’t sound like that.

And who’s to say I’m not saying what I think will happen? I’m doing that and providing examples along the way about why I feel the way I do about something happening.

If you have any evidence that Kevin Feige, or anyone above him who chooses to make these films, like what they see from gambits script that it will get made immediately, then I’m totally willing to have a more open mind to what you are saying.

If this is more of a vocabulary based issue, then I will preface every post with “this is my opinion” before I share it.

sometimes all you gotta do is just read the tea leaves and apply common sense to things.

like thinking theres even a snowballs chance that fox's current x-men franchise will continue at any point under disney ownership..... that just isn't happening. you don't need to be a disney executive to know that.
Neither you or I have evidence

so we're all on equal footing then, great.

for me, personally, its just really difficult to see people like Lauren Shuler Donner say things like she did in that deadline article and feel like Fox's plans are still moving forward at disney. But we will find out sooner or later.

But thats just me and what I think. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think what he means is Fox lost Singer for the main installments and a lot of directors for Gambit; they've had disagreements with the director of New Mutants, so it could follow that, if these movies even get made and released, it would be under Disney/Marvel that they'd have less conflict.

I for one think a Gambit heist movie is very creative but shouldn't the X-Men be a priority? I've been increasingly apprehensive about this merger ordeal. What exactly are they keeping? Just the characters/stories? The current projects? The cast and crew and other staff? Can't imagine what it's like for those who may potentially lose their jobs if Disney lets them go, but I also didn't like what we got with Kinberg.

Last edited:
If Gambit is even happens, one good thing is it's not getting rushed like other X-Men movies.
With Dark Phoenix coming out this year and Deadpool 2 just last year, Gambit just might be Disney's first X movie. I don't think we'll see Deadpool 3 until 2021 and X-Men in 2022.

There's no reason whatsoever why Gambit should be the first introduction into the mutant world for the MCU-watching audience.

The only reason that would happen is because Feige is lazy and in a hurry and sees this production as having a script ready and so gives it a green light. And there's been no indication that that's how he operates. At all.

Storm sounds like a much better choice than Gambit.
After BP huge success, one would guess Feige and co. want to expand the diversity characters, and we all know Storm is right there on top of the list of iconic and most popular diverse characters

Rumors has it that Channing Tatum will play Adam Warlock, not Gambit anymore.

It’s not a link, the rumor was going around at a local comic book convention, where Marvel’s representative was present.

it makes more sense to make a team X-Men film to introduce them.

If Gambit is even happens, one good thing is it's not getting rushed like other X-Men movies.
With Dark Phoenix coming out this year and Deadpool 2 just last year, Gambit just might be Disney's first X movie. I don't think we'll see Deadpool 3 until 2021 and X-Men in 2022.

If a Gambit film or TV series happens under Marvel it will have nothing to do with this iteration of the property other than being about Gambit. This version, with this script & cast is dead in the water, and has been for over a year.

If a Gambit film or TV series happens under Marvel it will have nothing to do with this iteration of the property other than being about Gambit. This version, with this script & cast is dead in the water, and has been for over a year.
Well, that’s what you are hoping and wishing, but the fact is we don’t know what Disney is going to decide to do with Gambit. And I’m not going to claim I know, nor should anybody else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"