• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 4

Your confusing Disney with Feige. Its highly doubtful that a man that plans out phases meticulously would all of a sudden throw Gambit ahead of all the countless other popular characters in his arsenal. Even if. IF it somehow interests him i'm positive he'd hire new writers and a different actor of his choosing.
I’m not confused, you are forgetting Feige works for Disney. If Disney wants this Gambit movie, than it will be made.
None of us can claim we positively know what Disney and/or Feige wants to do when Gambit.

Last edited:
Because they've got Phase 4 planned out and the X-Men aren't featuring in it, apparently. I think Disney/Marvel is better off making new, quality X-Men cartoons for Disney+ and, if they have rights to Fox's films, streaming the top X-Men films on Disney+ (X2, DOFP, Logan, etc.), at least until MCU Phase 5 kicks in.

I think the X-Men will stay under the 20CF label for the time being.
Maybe in 3 or 4 years Feige will take control over them.

Does anyone really believe Simon Kinberg at this point especially regarding this film? lol. I swear to God, he always have something positive to say...
its ridiculous lol.
he's just a spokeman trying to sell his movies and act like everything is normal. He's always trying to save face, even if behind the scenes there is a lot of trouble (f4 reboot, new mutants, gambit).

He's the perfect example of hollywood world. Just fake people trying to be cool

its ridiculous lol.
he's just a spokeman trying to sell his movies and act like everything is normal. He's always trying to save face, even if behind the scenes there is a lot of trouble (f4 reboot, new mutants, gambit).

He's the perfect example of hollywood world. Just fake people trying to be cool
So you know what going on behind the scenes?

So you know what going on behind the scenes?
no, but we all know how Disney and Feige work. So no need to get any inside scoop to get to a logical conclusion.

Feige is the creative head of the MCU, so he will create his X-Men universe, not Kinberg or other Fox leftovers universe/ideas.

Thats common sense.
and even if Feige wants to do a Gambit movie, its highly unlikely he will be one of the first x-films made by Disney, so Gambit movie would have to wait even more years. and by that time, Tatum will be closer to 40 years old. Do Feige wants a 40 something Remy with a maybe much younger X-Men cast? unlikely. and even less if they sign a 20 something Rogue, when Feige likely would want to pair Gambit with Rogue, as they are one of the most popular Marvel couples ever.
So again, its highly unlikely they use the Tatum script or even Tatum.

You act like you know Kevin Feige, the fact is you don’t know him and you don’t know what he is thinking either.
Your opinion doesn’t equal common sense.
Things has changed at Disney and only they know what’s going to happen.
Simon Kinberg has inside information that we don’t have and he said he suspects this movie will be made. Meaning he thinks it will happen.

Last edited:
you read his interview with your own interpretation. he didnt suggest it will get made lol.
he said Disney is evaluating all Fox projects. basically the logical thing a new boss will do when they buy another studio: they have to evaluate what Fox has in development, (from any genre) and decide if they like some of those projects or not.

the thing is Feige didnt followed Amazing Spiderman 2.
and Marvel Studios or Disney didnt followed Fox's daredevil movie

so why would they follow Fox's Gambit script and actor? lol.
Disney has a track record and that is the facts. Your expectation is not a fact, is just that: an expectation, not based on the history of the studio or main producer history (Feige). So basically you are ignoring facts.

Kinberg can say he is Orson Wells or Shakespeare level, that doesnt mean he actually is.

Didn’t followed??

You don’t have to know feige to have the common sense to realize a gambit move doesnt make sense right now. I will say though if raiders gets his wish and Disney turns into more of what Fox was and let’s the stories get ruined by the influence of the studio and selfish actors then marvel studios will have peaked here

no, but we all know how Disney and Feige work. So no need to get any inside scoop to get to a logical conclusion.

Feige is the creative head of the MCU, so he will create his X-Men universe, not Kinberg or other Fox leftovers universe/ideas.

Thats common sense.
and even if Feige wants to do a Gambit movie, its highly unlikely he will be one of the first x-films made by Disney, so Gambit movie would have to wait even more years. and by that time, Tatum will be closer to 40 years old. Do Feige wants a 40 something Remy with a maybe much younger X-Men cast? unlikely. and even less if they sign a 20 something Rogue, when Feige likely would want to pair Gambit with Rogue, as they are one of the most popular Marvel couples ever.
So again, its highly unlikely they use the Tatum script or even Tatum.

We also know the behind the scenes issues on films like Fant4stic and Last Stand and how Kinberg was full of BS when discussing them, proving that he isn't a reliable source on these matters.

It's hilarious how you guys claim to know what Feige is thinking :D. So are you guys reading his mind? Do you guys have ESP?
Can't compare TASM with Gambit, Sony invited Feige in to reboot their failing franchise, this isn't the case with Gambit, a totally different situation.
Why does it bother you guys if this movie is made? If it's made, just stay away, that's common sense :nuhu:

We also know the behind the scenes issues on films like Fant4stic and Last Stand and how Kinberg was full of BS when discussing them, proving that he isn't a reliable source on these matters.
Basically.

The fact that some fans still believe his words is..... more sad than funny. He's a producer, he is full of **** lol. Producers will say whatever it needs to be said to make them look good (or their studio and projects)

Like I already said, if this movie is made, you don’t have to go see it.
It doesn’t make sense why the making of this movie is bothering you.
Whether it made or not made isn’t going to change your life.

i'm not bothered in the least, it's just not the right time for Gambit in the MCU.

The prequels keep going and I've been rooting for a feature film with the original cast forever and it doesn’t necessarily bother me but it is upsetting when a franchise gets inconsistent or the quality goes down because someone’s greed got in the way.

What I think would work for Tatum is to develop a new hero based on Gambit. See the similarities between "Super" and "Deadpool" for example or between "The Incredibles" and the "Fantastic Four (plus Quicksilver + Iceman)." Use the heist and comedy concept and think about making a southern U.S. superhero, maybe alter the name, or the powers and gear, or the language/dialect, idk.

Last edited:
Maybe something based on Cajun stories of tatums past

He was partly interested in the role because he’s Cajun too, but I’m thinking the best way to make a Cajun action movie may be with a Cajun folk story.

They have no time to waste with solo as Gambit, Kitty .... it would be better they appear together in x-men movie
1 - Disney doenst care about Kinberg's feelings
2- Disney would cast Gambit with an actor younger than Tatum
3- MCU will content Avengers, Guardians, F4, X-men. (+Black Panther, Strange, Eternals ...) too many characters and movies to produce

I read somewhere Disney's considering completing some of what Fox left on the backburner. This could easily turn into a total mess if something so carefully planned like the MCU starts getting demands from above to include Fox's works.

Disney already appropriated Star Wars and it didn't turn out so great, story-wise. Unless they do a temporary parallel reality of sorts for Fox characters like Deadpool, Ellen Page's Shadowcat, Channing Tatum's Gambit, and X-23, etc. I wouldn't like to see Fox's stuff shoehorned into this. It makes me think the MCU will peak at Phase 3 or 4 at best.

Think back and find out when Fox's X-Men peaked. It was right after Fox started controlling its creative team too closely.

Last edited:
A Gambit movie won't happen. The X-Men aren't the Avengers. They appeal more as a team and Marvel Stud10s will not have the luxury of time to make a dozen of films per year. A Gambit movie is only possible, if the others like Cyclops, Storm, Rogue also get theirs.... but seriously why give them their solo film when they could just appear in an ensemble X-Men team which will be seen by more movie. Also they aren't like Capt. Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Spider-Man who each have their own supporting characters and their own lore in the Marvel Universe to carry a solo series. A Rogue film would likely feature her mutant pals while Gambit would feature mutant villains, those things could just be done in X-ensemble film.

Kevin Feige may not have any say in the matter. Disney’s Cinema-con presentation, looks like everything that’s under Fox will stay under Fox, including Deadpool.
There has been a wide spread assumption from the media and fans (including me) that all Marvel characters will go under Marvel Studios. This might not happen.
I think there is an inside fight between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment for control over the Fox characters.

Kevin Feige may not have any say in the matter. Disney’s Cinema-con presentation, looks like everything that’s under Fox will stay under Fox, including Deadpool.
There has been a wide spread assumption from the media and fans (including me) that all Marvel characters will go under Marvel Studios. This might not happen.
I think there is an inside fight between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment for control over the Fox characters.
Think again

I think we won’t see a main X-Men team movie until the MCU phase 4 is over. I don’t think Feige wants to take too many new characters at one time, he still too busy and has plans for phase 4. Bringing on X -Men characters right now might be too much for him.
I think solo characters like Deadpool will stay with Fox for now. If Gambit, Multiple Man, X23 and Kitty are ever made, they might still be with Fox for the time being. While any main X-Men team movie will be under Feige control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"