Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically, all Victarion needs do in Meereen is knock out a few of Daario's teeth, lay him out, and Dany should be taking him home, right?

Interesting comments by McShane. He [BLACKOUT]seems to confirm he's playing the Elder Brother/Meribald who brings back the Hound.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
No. Don't open the tags unless you want something spoiled

You can look back on WOTW and see where they were shooting a big battle in the North that production referred to as the Battle of the Bastards.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ows-fate-in-game-of-thrones-season-6#/slide/1

Am i supposed to buy this?

Unless they wait until the last scene of the season to bring him back so they don't spoil anything from the upcoming book.

Kit is just being a dork. He cant seriously think he is fooling anyone. Well the gullible and people that dont look at production photos might be fooled, but everyone else knows he is ful of **** about Jon not being on the show anymore.

Unless...he is actually telling the truth in a round about way. What comes back may not be Jon. Least not the Jon we know. So the Jon we know would in fact not be in the show anymore. But one way o another something comes back and it looks like Jon. Whether it is the Jon we know, well, we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Both Kit and Maise are pretty awful in their insistence about Jon not returning, to the extent that they're gonna look stupid come season 6.

Both Kit and Maise are pretty awful in their insistence about Jon not returning, to the extent that they're gonna look stupid come season 6.

It's not exactly like they can say, "Yeah, he's alive." Even saying "No comment" would sort of give it away. They're only doing their job by not spoiling it, no matter how obvious the outcome might be. It's like Benedict Cumberbatch saying he wasn't Khan leading up to Star Trek Into Darkness all over again. Those confidentiality clauses can come back to bite you in the ash if breached.

By the way, with all this secrecy I'm starting to believe there won't be a new trailer leading up to the premiere. We're a little under 7 weeks away and we've barely seen anything save for the stills.

it is pretty simple to avoid the questions... really guys? lol

"I guess so.. guy got stabbed a bunch of times... looked dead to me" end of discussion.

It's not exactly like they can say, "Yeah, he's alive." Even saying "No comment" would sort of give it away. They're only doing their job by not spoiling it, no matter how obvious the outcome might be. It's like Benedict Cumberbatch saying he wasn't Khan leading up to Star Trek Into Darkness all over again. Those confidentiality clauses can come back to bite you in the ash if breached.

They could easily be more ambiguous and cryptic instead of outright lying, and lying in a way that leaves them with egg on their face come the new season as Maise Williams has done repeatedly. The reverse is also possible, look at Ian McShane's most recent interview. He gave zero ****s about the possibility of getting in trouble for spoiling, in fact he seemed to find delight in the idea.

They could easily be more ambiguous and cryptic instead of outright lying, and lying in a way that leaves them with egg on their face come the new season as Maise Williams has done repeatedly. The reverse is also possible, look at Ian McShane's most recent interview. He gave zero ****s about the possibility of getting in trouble for spoiling, in fact he seemed to find delight in the idea.
How are they going to have egg on their face? They both know he is coming back. Kit and Maisie are lying to try and keep the mystery. Others are HBO are doing it as well. I have no problem with this whatsoever, and why would anyone?

The only one playing the Jon game is Carice, which she always does.

By the way, with all this secrecy I'm starting to believe there won't be a new trailer leading up to the premiere. We're a little under 7 weeks away and we've barely seen anything save for the stills.
There will be a trailer. There will be multiple trailers.

How are they going to have egg on their face? They both know he is coming back. Kit and Maisie are lying to try and keep the mystery. Others are HBO are doing it as well. I have no problem with this whatsoever, and why would anyone?

The only one playing the Jon game is Carice, which she always does.

I didn't like it when Cumberbatch did it for Star Trek, or when Waltz did it for Spectre. Maisie is much the same, only her comments are much more brazen (and oddly arrogant) in the face of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. In my opinion it goes beyond playful banter and gets weirdly antagonistic, in that sense I think JJ Abrams was really on point when he mentioned how much he regretted the deception these sort of things. Sins of omission are better than outright lies when it comes to trying to keep a mystery going IMO

I didn't like it when Cumberbatch did it for Star Trek, or when Waltz did it for Spectre. Maisie is much the same, only her comments are much more brazen (and oddly arrogant) in the face of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. In my opinion it goes beyond playful banter and gets weirdly antagonistic, in that sense I think JJ Abrams was really on point when he mentioned how much he regretted the deception these sort of things. Sins of omission are better than outright lies when it comes to trying to keep a mystery going IMO
Overwhelming evidence? There is only one photo of Kit potentially filming and it is from quite a distance. The rest is fan theory. Theory I agree with, but simple theory. Kit being in the city they film means nothing honestly.

The Khan situation is clearly different. Last season's cliffhanger was Jon's "death". They are marketing around him being dead. This secret is legitimately apart of the storytelling. It has to be kept.

And I don't blame the 19 year old girl being a bit brazen, considering she usually is. Why would she change that when she is trying to hide the secret?

Um there are quite a few pictures of kit wearing Winterfell clothing etc... so yes... the evidence is overwhelming.

Overwhelming evidence? There is only one photo of Kit potentially filming and it is from quite a distance. The rest is fan theory. Theory I agree with, but simple theory. Kit being in the city they film means nothing honestly.

The Khan situation is clearly different. Last season's cliffhanger was Jon's "death". They are marketing around him being dead. This secret is legitimately apart of the storytelling. It has to be kept.

And I don't blame the 19 year old girl being a bit brazen, considering she usually is. Why would she change that when she is trying to hide the secret?

We saw pics of Kit in Stark light leather armor on location in the field where they are filming talking to the crew. And the pic was close enough to see the pattern of the leather so the pic is close enough to recognize Kit. Thats pretty overwhelming evidence that Kit is filming for season six. I doubt they would create a new costume for him and have him on location with extras and the crew if he wasnt in season 6.

And Melisandre was standing next to him, before anyone tries to pull the 'THAT COULDA BEEN SEASON 1!' card :o

And Melisandre was standing next to him, before anyone tries to pull the 'THAT COULDA BEEN SEASON 1!' card :o

And in the pic there were cross-stakes with flayed men hanging upside down on them. So its definitely season six.

Unless Meera goes south of the wall and grows a beard.

Um there are quite a few pictures of kit wearing Winterfell clothing etc... so yes... the evidence is overwhelming.
These photos, which are the ones I am talking about, do not show Kit's face in any clear way. This actually reminds me of the Kylo Ren is a part the Resistance stuff we got with Episode VII. A guy who kind of looked like Driver and another extra who looked like Christie had people thinking that Kylo was some sort of double agent. Those pics were clear then these ones.

We saw pics of Kit in Stark light leather armor on location in the field where they are filming talking to the crew. And the pic was close enough to see the pattern of the leather so the pic is close enough to recognize Kit. Thats pretty overwhelming evidence that Kit is filming for season six. I doubt they would create a new costume for him and have him on location with extras and the crew if he wasnt in season 6.
And how many casuals have seen these blurry pics? My mother, who is obsessed with the show, hasn't. She is still extremely upset that they killed off her beefcake. :funny:

Didn't they report it wasn't Mel and they couldn't tell because as I pointed out, the pics were clearly too blurry to see anyone's face.

These photos, which are the ones I am talking about, do not show Kit's face.

And how many casuals have seen these blurry pics? My mother, who is obsessed with the show, hasn't. She is still extremely upset that they killed off her beefcake. :funny:

Didn't they report it wasn't Mel and they couldn't tell because as I pointed out, the pics were clearly too blurry to see anyone's face.

Yeah I know. I mentioned in an earlier post that the casuals probably havent seen the pics. Kit and Maises comments are pretty much for the casuals. No for those of us who turn over every rock and look in every nook and cranny for spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"