Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - - - Part 25

kOlGFEo.jpg

2O6MgIQ.gif

I AM NOT CRAZY

Last edited:
thats the principal from billy madison

marvolo was kept under a rock during the 90s

Nah I just haven't watched Billy Madison in years. I just thought it was a picture of a younger GRRM.

I thought the left pic was Wayne Knight until I got a closer look.

We where at a point in human history Wayne Knight was so in demand movies had to get the knock off version.

Been watching old episodes and I just noticed Tormund is wearing his gold bands from the books in his first scene.

So....you know nothing
Jaehaerys Targaryen

Makes a hell of lot more sense than what the spoilers indicated, Aegon Targaryen.

I'd thought that less possible given they've removed [blackout]Jaeherys II[/blackout], and was hoping for [blackout]Aemon[/blackout] myself.

Given what Rhaegar was like, I was half-expecting he'd name him Visenyon. Or even Visenya, which would have been hilarious.

Last edited:
you must have super hearing because the voice audio was muted lol

It makes the most sense in-universe for his name to be either Jaehaerys or Aemon. Both have connotations with the Night's Watch, and both were held by heroic or wise individuals that someone like Rhaegar and Lyanna would have respected.

you must have super hearing because the voice audio was muted lol

I went back and checked and it was muted. It was the way she pronounced it (her lip movement) that made me think it started with an A the first time I watched it. But its possible they used a BS name when they shot that scene just in case someone tried to read her lips. Plus using a BS name when they filmed it would have ensured the cast or crew couldnt leak the real name too early.

im-going-to-kill-you_o_253126.gif

i was just ****ing with you. JA and A can look similar i guess? I dont know... I kind of dislike the fact he has a targ name... i think i would have preferred rhaegar letting lyanna pick a northern name... that is just the type of guy i picture Rhaegar as.

I like Maelor, Daemon, and Aegon too.

Maybe Ned chose a fake name that began with the same letter that his true name begins with. Jaehaerys = Jon. :shrug:

Its not much but its possible I suppose.

im-going-to-kill-you_o_253126.gif

i was just ****ing with you. JA and A can look similar i guess? I dont know... I kind of dislike the fact he has a targ name... i think i would have preferred rhaegar letting lyanna pick a northern name... that is just the type of guy i picture Rhaegar as.

Him having a northern name isnt something Id given much thought too, but its something Id be fine with. Since Lyanna was picking the name its possible she could have given him any name she wanted to. There are some pros and cons to that however.

If her and Rhaegar talked about what they wanted to name him they probably would have wanted him to have a name that would reinforce his Targaryen heritage and his Targaryen blood so that people would be less inclined to challenge his right to the throne. Even if they didnt discuss this before they were separated, Lyanna would have known the importance of giving him a Targ name.

On the other hand, by the time Lyanna was on her deathbed and choosing a name for her son, the war was pretty much done and her son had little chance of becoming king and he needed to be hidden so she may have given him a northern name to help protect him.

The Targs have a strong tradition of giving their children Targ names. So Rhaegar may have insisted on a Targ name.

On the other hand this was a child that Rhaegar conceived with a woman that wasnt a sibling so he'd already broke tradition so its possible that he would have been fine with Lyanna breaking the naming tradition by giving their son a northern name.

Also, Rhaegar being in love with Lyanna, he may have been content with Lyanna choosing the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"