Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - - - Part 25

good trailer though we didnt need it... showed an awful lot lol... Drogon looks insane.

That last shot in the trailer...*chills* Jon has come a long ways since the days when he was getting manhandled by Crastor.

yea Jon is one bad mother ****er.

That last shot in the trailer...*chills* Jon has come a long ways since the days when he was getting manhandled by Crastor.

That guy is one tough goat.

I do wonder why he's so still, though.

Has anyone ever pointed Jon having some similarities to TE Lawrence?

Misfits, military mavericks, illegitimate sons of lords, befriended a group who were deemed "uncivilized" to the chagrin of their peers.

Yes, Jon Connington is a bit like TE Lawrence.

"The trick, Rhaegar, is not minding that it hurts."

The T stands for Targaryen, clearly. That's why he "doesn't mind" a little burning.

Pilou and the writers on Euron:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/07/game-of-thrones-euron-greyjoy-season-7/

One might say Euron fills a void in the series left by the death of Ramsay Bolton (who, in turn, replaced Joffrey Baratheon as the show’s love-to-hate human villain). The comparison stops there, however. GoT writer Dave Hill says Asbaek — known for playing heroes in his native Denmark — can project a perfect “resting maniac face.” And Asbaek notes, “Ramsay was a great character and to me was 100 percent evil. I think Euron is not. I’m more like a hooligan. The guy you met at the Kingsmoot is not the guy you will meet on his ship — he’s different with different people to get what he wants.”

Arguably, he did Westeros a favor by killing Balon. Balon was a prick and ordered Theon to sack Winterfell.

Balon never ordered him to attack Winterfell (if anything he was displeased when he heard and sent Yara to bring him back), they were raiding the Western shoreline of the North but not really going far inland or striking any major blow aside from holding a few minor keeps along the Neck. Theon's atrocities were his own.

Plus as a seafaring people Winterfell was too far in land for them to even want. Yara/Asha flat out says this.

He still needed killing. Balon never lifted a finger to save his son.

Balon was a piece of ****, but he was a largely unambitious and unskilled piece of **** with some minimal level of human empathy. He would have raided a few places and been content to stay on his miserable rocks in the sea, while Euron wants to take the world and has some level of military skill to give it a fair crack. The Iron Islands have traded in Claudius for Caligula.

Sounds like they are still doing the watered down Euron?

Yeah they're selling him as the main physical antagonist of this season, but Pilou recently mentioned that the character's storyline is completely different from what George has planned.

Yes... Killing Balon, who wanted nothing but to stay in the Iron Islands and not be bothered by anything, randomly pillaging small villages, was definitely best for Westeros... now taking his place is Euron... who wants to rule everything by any means necessary...

I swear... its like... some people don't even watch/read.

GRRM once said something about the Others being able to do things with ice magic we could hardly imagine.

I wonder if the Others, for whatever reasons, didn't use their mastery over ice to 'freeze time,' trapping Planetos in a pseudo-Middle Ages time period for whatever reason. Furthermore, I'd speculate that Euron's grand scheme amounts to bringing in an era of renaissance and prosperity by breaking the 'ice-time-stasis' imposed by the Others' subtle magic.

To that end, we see Euron setting up for what looks to be a hell of a magical conflagration in Oldtown.

That map is awesome.

Is it me or does Jamie seem less blond than he used to be?

Yeah I guess he's not looking too blond right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"