Rogue One Gareth Edwards directing Rogue One - Release Date Dec 16 2016

I saw that. Loved Godzilla and Monsters, but SW is an entirely different beast from the monster genre. Still very excited!

So I guess we can expect 20 minutes of screentime for Bobba Fett or whoever the main character is and right as an action scene starts it will cut to some bland scene involving one dimensional characters. Should be tons of fun.

The screenwriter they've hired is even worse. Gary Whitta...I guess Disney hasnt seen After Earth.

Last edited:
No but they saw his incredible work with The Walking Dead Teltale Episodes. Do you really think LFL (who makes those decisions more so) would just go ya him, unless they saw something in him? These are different Genre's, Godzilla being in it for a bit was not the problem, it was the flat characters that hindred it.

So it seems the writer's previous credits include The Book of Eli and After Earth. Not sure how I feel about that.

So I guess we can expect 20 minutes of screentime for Bobba Fett or whoever the main character is and right as an action scene starts it will cut to some bland scene involving one dimensional characters. Should be tons of fun.

Perhaps you should watch Monsters.

The screenwriter they've hired is even worse. Gary Whitta...I guess Disney hasnt seen After Earth.

Nope. They clearly played the Walking Dead game though.

Edit: I'll admit though, his work on After Earth is disheartening.

Last edited:
So it seems the writer's previous credits include The Book of Eli and After Earth. Not sure how I feel about that.

Ya people do overlook his writing for The Walking Dead Telltale games. They are some of the best written material ever made for video games. Such great characters and emotion. More so then the show itself.

I admit After Earth was garbage. But TWD games he did were outstanding, and I bet are what got the attention.

I'm excited. Glad Gareth is starting to become a commodity in Hollywood. The man has a fantastic vision for scope and mythology.

Crazy to see how fast he has risen. After a single film, he was put in charge of a major blockbuster which is likely to start a franchise and draw in tons of dough. And now, after two mere films, he is directing a film in arguably the greatest film franchise ever.

Ya he is a great director. My problems with Godzilla came more from the script of just "flatter" characters. But I think other than that the man does have talent.

I don't know if The Walking Dead is great defense for Whitta. I thought the one episode he wrote was by far the worst of the bunch.

He oversaw the entire thing as well, for the narrative efforts. I thought it was great.

But I admit he has a lot to prove. I think with Kathy/Kasdan (who is the main writer/consultant for them) will ensure it's not bad. That and the story group with Kasdan probably came up with the idea, I doubt he came up with the spin-off, they just have him writing it.

But I admit, compared to Episode VII this will have hurdles to over come, and hopefully they do well with it. I think at minimum it will be a good film.

My main confidence is with the main trilogy since they will always have the best of the best working on those.

Ya I actually liked it.

I still think that the LFL Story group and Kathy will make sure of it's quality...and it may already be done and that's why they went with it. Kathy is about quality, so I'm not really worried there. I just wonder what it is?

Extremely underrated. I mean, it's not the most remarkable film but it clearly wasn't bad.

Wait... they're actually making one of these spinoffs.
Gareth Edwards ditched the Godzilla franchise he started.
Disney Star Wars.
:exp:

I'll give the film a shot. I think it will be pretty good; but, if the worst does happen, there is a positive: it cannot be any worse than the prequel trilogy. By that alone it already has a guaranteed one star. In all seriousness, he does invest himself heavily in the material he takes on, so I look forward to seeing what he brings to SW.

:whatever:

Because every film a director makes is the same. Who can forget the T-Rex in Lincoln or Leo coming through the floor in Titanic like the T-1000 from T2?

Wait... they're actually making one of these spinoffs.
Gareth Edwards ditched the Godzilla franchise he started.
Disney Star Wars.
:exp:

He's making Godzilla II after Star Wars.

Garry Whitta only wrote the 4th episode of the game, and he had help from others, he also wrote Duke Nukem Forever and Gears of War.

Perhaps you should watch Monsters.

The Monsters barelly appeared there either.

I'm real excited that Edwards is getting a shot at making a Star Wars spin-off movie. Whitta, on the other hand, doesn't strike me with confidence but maybe he could surprise me. I really hope this isn't the Boba Fett movie, I rather like the idea of a movie about the X-Wing pilots.

I think they will release the title of episode 7 at comic con with some footage of the film, but does anyone think they will release anything about this stand alone? It's been rumored for a long time that kasdan was writing the Boba fett movie, which would seem to indicate this is something else. What do you guys think?

So if he works on Godzilla 2 after this, which comes out in 2016, Godzilla 2 will come out in 2017 or 2018.

The writer hates the prequels. So I guess this an OT character spin-off for sure.

I have nothing against Boba Fett, but I've also never really got the hype around him. So a Boba spin-off is not something I automatically would get excited for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"