Rogue One Gareth Edwards directing Rogue One - Release Date Dec 16 2016

I read an article about the possibilities of Diego Luna playing Biggs?! How cool would that be having him in this, showing members of the Imperial Navy making the jump to join the Rebellion. I'd love to see more into Luke's other friend Tank, of whom we pretty much know nothing about.

There was a stupid rumor based on the fact that he..has a mustache.

If I remember correctly, Alexandre Desplat said that Williams' score for Star Wars the defining one that made him want to be a film composer. He ably emulated Williams' tone for the final two HP films so well and he gave the films well-needed musical closure.

I think Desplat is going to go all-out for this one. He'll likely be using the London Symphony Orchestra to record the score, partly due to the UK-based production and it's his preferred ensemble for score recording. That would be full circle in a way.

Desplat will also likely work with Conrad Pope, who's orchestrated numerous Williams scores.

Does anyone else feel like they missed an opportunity by not putting a teaser for this in front of The Force Awakens? They gotta start the hype train early. Still, it'll make bank, even if it won't be making TFA money.

I feel like they missed an opportunity by not putting a teaser for this in front of The Force Awakens. They gotta start the hype train early. Still, it'll make bank, even if it won't be making TFA money.

I went in thinking that there would be one. Maybe they'll play one with Captain America: Civil War.

Does anyone else feel like they missed an opportunity by not putting a teaser for this in front of The Force Awakens? They gotta start the hype train early. Still, it'll make bank, even if it won't be making TFA money.

Was coming in to same the same thing. It's very weird that they didnt have something. Maybe even a poster to put in theaters too.

I mean didn't they have a short teaser at Comic Con?

This has probably already come up, but is this film going to have an opening crawl like the rest of the Star Wars films?

This has probably already come up, but is this film going to have an opening crawl like the rest of the Star Wars films?

I don't think it's confirmed yet.

I wouldn't mind if they did. This way you get an idea of what's going on. They just wouldn't put the episode in. Just Star Wars.....then Rouge One....then the crawl.

I don't think it's confirmed yet.

I wouldn't mind if they did. This way you get an idea of what's going on. They just wouldn't put the episode in. Just Star Wars.....then Rouge One....then the crawl.

I'd love them to do something like that. It's a great piece of continuity that makes the series in general stand out. Plus I love the whole pulp aspect of it.

I think they should keep it. They do it in all the various comics as well, and it's just always a nice touch to get you in the mood.

The crawl will be there. It's the classic Star Wars exposition tool that gets everyone up to date. They'll need it for the general audience.

I'm also disappointed we didn't get anything at all in front of TFA for Rogue One... at the very least the comicon tease.

Can't imagine we'll see anything for a bit with all of TFA hype going on... maybe Superbowl?

Hope they stick with the crawl as well... to me it's just part of the SW Brand.

So does anyone think we'll see the planet Dantooine in this film? In A New Hope, Leia said the Rebellions secret base was there only to find out later that it was abandoned.

The crawl will be there. It's the classic Star Wars exposition tool that gets everyone up to date. They'll need it for the general audience.

I'm in the camp that the crawl doesn't need to be there. Rogue One is not part of the 'Episodes'. It should get the classic SW logo, or maybe a variation like the one used for the Clone Wars cgi series, where 'Clones Wars' was written in big letters and SW was outside of it. Then, just like the series,have a voice over letting the audience know what's going on leading up to the movie.....

The same thing can be done for the Han Solo movie. I prefer the crawl to be kept exclusively to the Episodes...

^ I agree with that. Maybe not a voiceover, but something to differentiate it further from the main saga. Of course, if they just go the classic route, I'm not going to kick up a fuss.

I went in thinking that there would be one. Maybe they'll play one with Captain America: Civil War.

Reports came out today from ComingSoon.net that the trailer will be attached to BvS.

12331584_850044855115018_1656023375_n.jpg

Last edited:
That makes sense.

Oh, man... the prospect of more Suicide Squad and Rogue One footage is almost more exciting than BvS itself.

EDIT: I can't seem to find that tweet from Comingsoon, so either they removed it or it's a shop job.

Last edited:
Next year is going to be a smorgasbord of great movies.

Watch the Rogue One Trailer be attached to Disney's Zootopia instead of Batman vs Superman

Does seem like a missed opportunity. Even a title with a date would have firmed it I the GA's minds.

Very curious to how 'Star Wars' this will feel.

Not just the opening crawl, but the music. Will it use the Williams theme and a score of a similar flavor? Or something way different?

I would like a small reminder of the JW theme to be subtly integrated at key moments, but would like different music otherwise to show this is branching out in a new direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"