Rogue One Gareth Edwards directing Rogue One - Release Date Dec 16 2016

Man... I know they'd keep him under wraps if he's in it, but imagine waking up one morning and seeing a blurry drone shot of Vader taking on the rebels.

Pretty cool set pics, What's the timeline in this film?

Pretty cool set pics, What's the timeline in this film?

Right before a New Hope.

Pretty much the movie plot is exactly the first two lines of the opening crawl

It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships, striking
from a hidden base, have won
their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire's
ultimate weapon, the DEATH
STAR,..​

Since (obviously) none of this rogue dirty 1/2dozen group, appear in the original trilogy. It will probably end with their last act, transmitting the plans to Lei on the Tantive IV, as Vader's Star destroyer closes in.

Last edited:
Hmm another prequel but it's a great idea and a Vader cameo or small role would be awesome

Alright, question -- If Vader appears, since this ends perhaps hours or minutes before ANH takes place, should his suit match the ANH version? In spite of the suit being refined in the following films, including in RotS? I vote yes.

Yup, Everyone and everything in this films needs to match A New Hope as much as possible. This is A New Hope except from the point of view of certain rebels and merely days or hours before the start of the original film instead of years before or after

Will Vader make an appearance in this.
For me this is one of those things where it becomes - be careful what you wish for.

Hopefully we get some scenes hinting at the looming presence making Imperial commanders accountable for the loss of these plans, and by the end, due to their incompetence, we finally see when he personally takes full command of the mission to retrieve them.

But I don't need, or want them to take it upon themselves to suddenly decide - we really need to "explore" Vader's angst here.
No, you don't! bad place no!

This has to be Vader at his coldest. least human and most mechanical, completely switched off emotionally, there shouldn't be any trace of the whiney torchered Anakin of the prequels.
Or of him even reflecting on that past for a second. That guy, is implicitly dead! at this point.

And this is also before he has any sense, or want of hope, that his children may have survived.
Just a pure mechanised walking death mask, focused on getting the plans back.
That's it!

I will freakin yell at the screen like a madman and wreck the theater, if they for a second have him all wistful and moping, at what he's become.
LOL!:exp:

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE
So this will be your reaction?

1784su.gif
LOL!

My reaction ? Less sad-stompy...
and more this
hulk_avengers_gif_cinemagraph.gif

Last edited:
For me this is one of those things where it becomes - be careful what you wish for.

Hopefully we get some scenes hinting at the looming presence making Imperial commanders accountable for the loss of these plans, and by the end, due to their incompetence, we finally see when he personally takes full command of the mission to retrieve them.

But I don't need, or want them to take it upon themselves to suddenly decide - we really need to "explore" Vader's angst here.
No, you don't! bad place no!

This has to be Vader at his coldest. least human and most mechanical, completely switched off emotionally, there shouldn't be any trace of the whiney torchered Anakin of the prequels.
Or of him even reflecting on that past for a second. That guy, is implicitly dead! at this point.

And this is also before he has any sense, or want of hope, that his children may have survived.
Just a pure mechanised walking death mask, focused on getting the plans back.
That's it!

I will freakin yell at the screen like a madman and wreck the theater, if they for a second have him all wistful and moping, at what he's become.
LOL!:exp:

Yeah, this is the time period when Vader's his coldest. It's the time period used in the Force Unleashed games; so Vader's primary goal is hunting down the remaining Jedi….

Is it even 100% confirmed that Vader will be in this film or is it all hearsay at this point, because Edwards said that there would be no Force-users in this.

Vader would be a surprise though, and most likely a cameo. I think what Edwards meant like Jedi being involved with the man Rogue One crew. Or them fighting a new Sith like character.

Hope Donnie Yen's role is a sizeable one. He could bring so much to the Star Wars Universe.

Star Wars: Rogue One Script Polished By Christopher McQuarrie?

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-script-mcquarrie/

Latino Review is reporting that (according to one of its sources), Oscar-winner Christopher McQuarrie did a two-week polish job on the Rogue One screenplay. The site also clarifies that it is not clear when McQuarrie performed the rewrite, seeing as he was preoccupied throughout the first half of 2015 with putting the finishing touches on (and then promoting) his film Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation. It’s possible the writer/director’s Rogue One rewrite was carried out right before (or around the time that) production on the movie got underway back in August 2015 – assuming this report is accurate, that is.

Just heard about this, I hope it's true. McQuarrie is an amazing writer.

Just a little piece of news from MSW.

Original Darth Vader sculptor starts working on Rogue One

Brian Muir, the man that sculpted Darth Vader’s helmet for 1977’s Star Wars: A New Hope has begun work on the anthology film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

And now I'm picturing a scene with the Imperial March slowly building in intensity, then BAM! Vader bursts in and starts wrecking up the place.

Don't know if anyone saw this, but BBC Entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba reported just a few days ago that apparently Riz Ahmed's agency website revealed his character's name in Rogue One as 'Bodhi Rook'. Not sure whether that's 100% at the moment.

6cIMXYV.jpg

Mads Mikkelsen Talks Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-mads-mikkelsen/

I believe that is true to a degree. It’s still the Star Wars universe, but there is… There might be a personal take on that from Gareth [Edwards], as well. And it should be like that, right? And tomorrow you will find me dead in a river somewhere because I said that.
It is a big thing, but so was Hannibal and so was Bond. The thing is, we don’t go to change the ‘thing’ about it. We address it as a job. We focus on the character and start working. We also are aware that it’s the Star Wars universe. We are aware. But that hat, we can’t wear all the time. We have to focus on each individual scene. So I think this is one of these things that will dawn on you later when you actually see the film. In the midst of it, it’s a different thing.

So in reality, he said nothing :funny: which is understandable

So when can we expect a trailer for this bad boy?

Earliest: In three weeks with TFA, but doesn't look like that's happening...
Possible/likely: May the Fourth 2016.
Latest: Celebration, which next year is in June, I think.

Wouldn't be surprised if it pops up online on May the 4th and premieres in theaters with Captain America: Civil War.

So when can we expect a trailer for this bad boy?

Earliest: In three weeks with TFA, but doesn't look like that's happening...
Possible/likely: May the Fourth 2016.
Latest: Celebration, which next year is in June, I think.

It really depends on how they are going to continue their marketing. If Disney continues the TFA formula. We could get one as early as TFA. Also we could get an VIII teaser with Civil War. But right now I'd say it's hard to say if they will continue that year before trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"