Gears of War 3 - Part 1

Holy s**t dude lmao, I don't know how you played that many wingman matches but kudos. :up:

Arseface got his whole progress reset. Lost level 132, 42 Onyx medals, everything. He's trading in Gears 3 this week. Apparently it's a bug that Epic has known about since release. Absolute BS.

Didn't Gears 2 have the same problem that was never fixed ?

Holy s**t dude lmao, I don't know how you played that many wingman matches but kudos. :up:
Thanks mate. Wingman I got most of my retro & sawed off kills against bots (& also just left it running whenever I was away lol). Hate using those weapons online. Can't stand getting killed by them!! :woot::cmad:

Arseface got his whole progress reset. Lost level 132, 42 Onyx medals, everything. He's trading in Gears 3 this week. Apparently it's a bug that Epic has known about since release. Absolute BS.
That's awful. :csad: I don't suppose he's got anything on cloud or USB or has played Gears on another console recently? I've been reset 3 or 4 times but had a back up so didn't lose anything. I sent a link to friends on how to avoid it but of course it shouldn't be necessary to take those measures. It's quite a widespread problem unfortunately.

Didn't Gears 2 have the same problem that was never fixed ?
Gears 2 had the rank reset issue. That was more to do with playing without title updates and as a result of the whole ranking system being introduced in a title update. Different problem, same result. I think Gears is a great series but given the amount of time people need to put in to get any of the Seriously achievements Epic really need a system to help out their loyal fans who lose all their progress. A contingency should go hand in hand with being allowed to set a target like that.

Damn, i played against a dude that said that happened to him. I was giving him a hard time claiming he just got reset cuz he was modding. I dont see it as that big of a deal tho overall. Its not like you lose anything worth a damn, just a few notifications that you play a LOT of Gears of War. EPIC really should fix that tho.

Damn, i played against a dude that said that happened to him. I was giving him a hard time claiming he just got reset cuz he was modding. I dont see it as that big of a deal tho overall. Its not like you lose anything worth a damn, just a few notifications that you play a LOT of Gears of War. EPIC really should fix that tho.
Good playing with you yesterday dude. Did you hang around much longer after I'd gone? Was about 7/8am here! I had the craziest lag ever, don't know why as I've played with the same guys on an American connection many times before and it's fine most of the time.

Good playing with you yesterday dude. Did you hang around much longer after I'd gone? Was about 7/8am here! I had the craziest lag ever, don't know why as I've played with the same guys on an American connection many times before and it's fine most of the time.

Yea man, we played a few more matches after you dipped. Won of course.

Tonight was BRUTAL tho man, i still can't believe the 4 of us got beat that bad. Those guys were just on it. I dont think iv ever been run through like that when i have a group of ppl i know playing with me. We're gonna have to make up for those beat downs.

:eek:I think I'd lose it if i had that happen to me, now I'm going to be paranoid about this. When did that happen?:exp:

Yea man, we played a few more matches after you dipped. Won of course.

Tonight was BRUTAL tho man, i still can't believe the 4 of us got beat that bad. Those guys were just on it. I dont think iv ever been run through like that when i have a group of ppl i know playing with me. We're gonna have to make up for those beat downs.
Yep was pretty crazy. Gonna have to go on a domination session to cleanse it from our system! :BA

What happened to this game? The last 2 days the lag is completely unplayable. Much worse than Gears 2!! I don't get this with another game, why does Gears (1, 2 & 3 now), the one game I like playing MP regularly always get this problem?! By unplayable I mean I can't even kill one enemy on wave 1 of Horde due to what must be a 4 second delay. Going to have to quit if it stays like this!

Yea that's crazy ur experiencing so much lag. This has easily been the best games in terms of online stability iv ever played. I think iv been in a game with lag maybe twice

Sorry I've been sidestepping your invites dude, I stopped playing coz EPIC's handling of the DLC disgusted me and their dedicated servers were a joke after the first two months or so. :o

Sorry I've been sidestepping your invites dude, I stopped playing coz EPIC's handling of the DLC disgusted me and their dedicated servers were a joke after the first two months or so. :o

What was wrong with the DLC?

Horde command pack was locked disc content that should have been in the game to begin with AND they delayed it for half a day with no explanation. The cherry on top is they announced they were releasing the maps for free the day after it dropped.

Hahaha then I bought 1500 points to get RAAM's Shadow and not even a week later the Season Pass went on sale. I understand how if you're an early adopter you're gonna be paying more but f**k, turned me off the game entirely.

I plan on trading in my retail disc. I just don't play it anymore. If I ever miss it which won't be anytime soon. There is always The Games On Demand version when that gets cheaper

Last edited:
Horde command pack was locked disc content that should have been in the game to begin with AND they delayed it for half a day with no explanation. The cherry on top is they announced they were releasing the maps for free the day after it dropped.

Hahaha then I bought 1500 points to get RAAM's Shadow and not even a week later the Season Pass went on sale. I understand how if you're an early adopter you're gonna be paying more but f**k, turned me off the game entirely.

Eh like i figured, those are pretty weak and petty complaints. The locked game content, maybe ill give you that, but the 'half a day delay'? Give me a f***ing break. The season pass was on sale from day one, i worked at gamestop at the time and i remember having to upsell that damn thing. Maybe it was different in your region but even then, we knew the Season Pass was coming out. It was your fault you jumped the gun.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think those are reason enough to ignore a great game. It's fair enough if that puts you off epic, but the game is still there and a lot of fun.

Yea that's crazy ur experiencing so much lag. This has easily been the best games in terms of online stability iv ever played. I think iv been in a game with lag maybe twice
I'm jealous! It's only recently that it got really bad. Yesterday was ok so hopefully it'll be better going forward. Lot of fun when we get 5 people.

No prob man (assuming that's for me).

Eh like i figured, those are pretty weak and petty complaints. The locked game content, maybe ill give you that, but the 'half a day delay'? Give me a f***ing break. The season pass was on sale from day one, i worked at gamestop at the time and i remember having to upsell that damn thing. Maybe it was different in your region but even then, we knew the Season Pass was coming out. It was your fault you jumped the gun.

No s**t it was my fault hahah I've just never felt so robbed before.

I was all psyched to upgrade the new horde fortifications at 6 in the morning... I find out they delayed it because of technical difficulties. When they finally got it sorted out I was disappointed to find I paid $10 for stuff that was clearly cut from the game for no reason. On the bright side I at least had new maps, but they wound up releasing them to the public on Thanksgiving. lol. Since the only substantial thing to come out of the command pack were the three fortifications it should have been 400 points but whatever.

I couldn't buy the season pass at the time so I planned to budget in the DLC packs as they came out. Imagine my surprise when I saw the Season Pass for 1600 points when just a couple days ago I had 1600 points in my account before I plopped 1200 on RA'AM. Who the f**k could have predicted a season pass would go on sale when only half the DLC has been released? lmao it most likely wasn't EPIC's call but damn, that left me sour.

Yeah, I don't think those are reason enough to ignore a great game. It's fair enough if that puts you off epic, but the game is still there and a lot of fun.

Eh, I'd rather burn through the plethora of games I have in my backlog. Plus after that sale and their locked content shenanigans I couldn't play the game without dwelling on my lost pennies hahah.

Last edited:
The DLC has been badly handled for sure and quite a lot (I can think of at least 8 off the top of my head lol) of Epic's policies punish long term fans who play regularly and preorder/buy stuff at the first opportunity. The resets are the worst, they really should be offering a fix or some way of partially returning progress to people who've put that much time into their game. It's surprising really as I've always thought of them as a company who genuinely want to please their fans.

Besides these few recent complaints about dlc or whatever. Is this game still pretty alive online? I sold it a long time ago but recently I've been thinking about rebuying it mainly to get me through the rainy summer days til The Amazing Spider-Man and Darksiders 2.

Much less lag last few days. Have really enjoyed it especially when we get a team of 4 or 5 for a whole night. :word:

Besides these few recent complaints about dlc or whatever. Is this game still pretty alive online? I sold it a long time ago but recently I've been thinking about rebuying it mainly to get me through the rainy summer days til The Amazing Spider-Man and Darksiders 2.
Yep, nothing like CoD but much busier than most other games after 8 months.

Just finished the campaign, and i have to say. Im a little disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"