Gears of War 3 - Part 1

What disappointed you the most? I was let down by not getting some final answers personally.

I guess for me it was the story. For most of the game it seemed as if we are just looking for fuel. That was kinda disappointing. It lacked that epicness that i felt from the first two Gears. Which answers not being answered let you down?

Last edited:
I only played through the story once, but i thought it was a great ride. I mean this series has never had anything more than a mediocre story, so i guess maybe thats why i enjoyed it thoroughly. I didn't have really high expectations.

I always intended to go into Gears for its multiplayer, which is odd considering i didn't like the first two games mp offerings, yet i feel Gears 3 is the absolute best MP title on the market today.

I only played through the story once, but i thought it was a great ride. I mean this series has never had anything more than a mediocre story, so i guess maybe thats why i enjoyed it thoroughly. I didn't have really high expectations.

I always intended to go into Gears for its multiplayer, which is odd considering i didn't like the first two games mp offerings, yet i feel Gears 3 is the absolute best MP title on the market today.

That might be a reason why i came out disappointed. I had really high expectations.

This will be formally announced at E3. Prequel most likely?

KZYEC.jpg

Usually, we like to reveal the name and final cover art for our upcoming issue's cover story the Thursday before it hits subscribers. This time we're saving the full unveiling of the game's title until Monday during Microsoft's E3 press conference, but we can confirm that our next cover is the new installment in the Gears of War series and is coming to Xbox 360. We figure this news and a glimpse of the shrouded Gears of War cover are least some consolation, as the image raises some interesting questions: Who is in chains, and where?

Take your time trying to decipher clues about the next game in the Gears of War universe, and check back on Monday when we fully pull back the curtain on both (yes, we said "both") of our covers. Also waiting for you on Monday is a teaser trailer jammed with sneak peeks at our month of online Gears of War coverage. As always, you can learn more about Epic's new game in the following weeks with a wealth of online videos, articles, and interviews that will populate our upcoming Gears of War hub, including an exclusive and extensive first look here at Game Informer that hits Monday morning. You don't want to miss it.
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news...ust-cover-story-is-the-next-gears-of-war.aspx

Yep it seems that Marcus is in chains. Prequel time boys and girls

I wonder if that will be ready for this year ? Because this year does seem empty without a new Gears Of War. Some are saying this might be a Kinect game ? Since there is a rumored Gears Of War Kinect Game ? God I hope not

Last edited:
Microsoft would never release Gears and Halo in the same year

What?! WOW!!!

I didn't think this was on the cards at all!

Great news :cool:

I wonder if that will be ready for this year ? Because this year does seem empty without a new Gears Of War. Some are saying this might be a Kinect game ? Since there is a rumored Gears Of War Kinect Game ? God I hope not
Nah, they usually have decent development cycles for their games and it would be too soon after Gears 3. It could be Microsoft's last big 360 exclusive before the next gen though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a launch title for the new system. Epic has been talking nonstop about the new generation and why would they release a big AAA title at the end of the life cycle.

Nah, they usually have decent development cycles for their games and it would be too soon after Gears 3. It could be Microsoft's last big 360 exclusive before the next gen though.

I guess at most there might be a Beta

The next gen launch title is sure to be either this or one of the Halo Reclaimer games. Wouldn' t bet against Halo myself. Donut I think it'd be too early for even a beta. I don't think they can surprise anyone on the multiplayer front so soon. The only way it could release early at all is if it was a one off lower key Halo: ODST type title detached from the main series. Even then this year seems too early.

After playing 1-3 I'll still never understand how I can shoot someone 4 times, get shot once and be down.

Are you talking about on Insane? Or in multiplayer?

i find that that happens in every game's mulitplayer. Im used to it

Usually I find that phenomenon is uncannily linked to accuracy :p

I don't know who the squad will be for this new Gears but RAAM's Shadow proved to me that Gears can work fine even without the legendary Delta squad.

I wouldn't even mind if the ignore the comic fiction just a little in order to involve Barrick.

So People Can Fly (the Bulletstorm developers) will be developing this. Confirmed in now deleted tweets from Epic's CEO.
Your comment is very good:)
Wolvie's comment about Barrick?

Gotya, didn't make sense coming after one of Wolvie's comments. One of mine then sure. :D

Gears of War: Judgement.Young Baird and young Cole

2zovpkm.jpg

jffecg.jpg

The next game in the chainsawin' shooter series is called Gears of War: Judgment and stars Damon Baird and Augustus "Cole Train" Cole, Game Informer has revealed while teasing their imminent July issue cover story. We'd bet the farm that this is a prequel, however, given that the Delta squad teammates appear visibly younger and scar-free in these images compared to their counterparts in the existing games.

We'll have all the details next week at E3. In the meantime, have a look at our recent speculation video, applauding what we got right, laughing at what we got wrong, and taking note of what we may yet be proven correct on come E3...

Update: After hearing about People Can Fly taking over development of the Gears franchise, we got curious about who else involved with Judgment. When asked if she was involved with Judgment, author and Gears of War writer Karen Traviss told IGN, "No, I'm not working on Gears anymore."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/e3-2012-meet-gears-of-war-judgment
Source: Game Informer

Well that was unexpected. Looks pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"