• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Geek defining moment

Awesome thread btw....

Anyway, lets see....

-I waited in line for 7 hours to see the first 8 minutes of TDK (I was 3rd in line too!).

-I dress up in costumes at various cons.

-When I buy action figures, I get gift receipts if the girl at the counter is cute....(I know more are guilty of this)

-I seen The Spirit....twice (which is enough even for a big Spirit fan like myself)

-My local comic store knows me by name (so does Taco Bell).

-I'm so dedicated for looking "the part" when I suit up at conventions that I've lost nearly 30lbs and toned up just for this year.

-Me and my buddies have made a bunch of crappy fan films.

-I frequent this board and have been a member for 6 years.

-I've made my own proton pack.

Someone once asked me Who was the President of the United States was.

I said President Luthor.

I remember taking a girl to Toys R Us to pick up this little AT-ST lego set that I had my eye on.

~ I have 5 copies of spider-man 3

~ Any chance at all, I get to dressup as kick-ass, I do it. pics will be up in the 2010 Photo album soon :D

I've always said this, I'm not embarrassed by any of my geeky exploits, whether it be video games, collectibles, cartoons, etc. But I don't flaunt it. I wouldn't make it the first thing I'd bring up if I was on a date.

Girl: Hi, I'm Jenny.
Erz: Hi, Erzengel. It's nice to meet you.
Girl: It's very nice to see you.
Erz:.....so....do you like Wookies?

OMG! hahaha

It's all about Wookies!

I did it all for the Wookies
Come on
The Wookies
Come on
So you can take that Wookie and stick it up your.....uhhhhh ouch!

Awesome thread btw....

Anyway, lets see....

-When I buy action figures, I get gift receipts if the girl at the counter is cute....(I know more are guilty of this)

-My local comic store knows me by name (so does Taco Bell).

-I frequent this board and have been a member for 6 years.

But surely thats true of EVERYONE here... Maybe not the 6 years thing or Taco Bell, but the rest....

I guess one of my earliest moments was the first Spidey comic I ever read

2ljowb6.jpg

I was then hooked forever.

But surely thats true of EVERYONE here... Maybe not the 6 years thing or Taco Bell, but the rest....

I don't think i've ever asked for a gift receipt in the past when I bought something dorky like action figures(for my general age), I just don't care. Same when I had to buy a certain feminine product for my gf a few times when I went out to the store in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"